Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Knowing How To Cut Hair One Of The Best Skills A Person Can Have?

My mother always said this. When you have a bad economy, people will always need to have their hair cut. It's a good skill to fall back on. Everyone needs it.

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

I get my hair cut a lot less when times are bad for me. It's one of the first things I eliminate from the budget.

I'll wait until I have a job interview lined up, otherwise I'll let it grow.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

OP = Luanne Platter.

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

You need more than know how to cut hair. You need clients, if you dont have any, good luck getting hired someplace. The ability to stand on your feet for eight hours helps, so does having a current license. The pay is only so-so.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

Dermatology is a good skill.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

Watch Tabatha Salon Take Over and you will have the answer

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

You can cut hair and get paid under the table.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

Mortician is a good skill to have in a bad economy.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

Um, no. Being able to cut hair is as useful as being a massage therapist in a tough economy. When money's extremely tight, you still need toilet paper and food, and maybe a bar of soap and toothpaste (optional) but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

My old boss was once a barber, and he would often say that giving that up was the biggest mistake he ever made. No stress, fixed hours, pocket the cash from 1 haircut in 3, and if you get tired of where you are there's always room for a good barber anywhere you want to live.

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

But you have to stand all day

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

We're not talking about a career. You could easily cut your neighbors hair, even the elderly. It's easy cash. r8, are you going to let your hair grow down to the ground? We're not talking perms here.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

How about how to do hair, I can wash, style, set, perm, relax. any kind of hair

I can even braid black hair.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

Locksmith seems like a pretty good job too. The couple I've met stay real busy opening cars and re-keying locks.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

Knowing how to read is the most important skill.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

I wait longer between haircuts, but I still go. That and manicures, you can't go wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

No. Get an esthetics license. Hair can be manipulated but not your face. You'll have plenty of time to laser off imperfections on yourself while waiting for your 3 o'clock. Almost as good as being in medical or foodstuffs these days. Can I get a WOO WOO?

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

R3, you don't need clients or a following. That takes time to build. What if you moved from another city? What if you're just starting out? I hate your mentality. So Old World. Ya gotta know someone in the business...blah blah. No you don't. Just have the passion and talent. Everyone has to start somewhere. Your mentality coddles one into not even bothering to show up for life. Jeez, lose that losing attitude. Lose it now!

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.