Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oh, God, The Embarrassing Gay Pride Freaks Are Standing Outside For The Supreme Court Protests

I'm going to get shit for this, but can these freaks stop trying to represent us? Jesus. And before you start, I'm not siding with the bigots, or trying to appease them in some way. There's a time and a place for this nonsense. The media is going to publish this crap all over the place, and it'll be published in the history books. Can we stop turning everything into a party and get serious? I'm saying this to the people who pull this crap. I know many of us are dignified and serious when it's necessary. This isn't a joke.

by Anonymousreply 18703/27/2013

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

Well, all you upstanding gays could be there! Where are you?

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

r2, we're there, and many people have to work. It doesn't mean they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

Well, I know I'd rather hang out with them than you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

I like being embarrassed every now and then, when it's in a good cause. We sometimes take ourselves way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

Great day for self-loathing, OP!

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

Is GOProud there in their bass weejuns, white starched shirts, blue blazers, and khakis?

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

[quote] many people have to work. It doesn't mean they don't care.

precisely. i agree with op. the freaks should stay at home. whether it's justified or not, these assholes represent us in the eyes of a lot of str8 people.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

Reminds me of when a tornado/hurricane hits, the media find the biggest stereotypes of local population (rednecks, trailer dwellers) and splash them all over the news.

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

Oh Please, they're no worse than the Kardashians or DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

"these assholes represent us in the eyes of a lot of str8 people."

Correction. It should read: these assholes represent us in the eyes of a lot of homophobic str8 people.

You do realize that str8 people that aren't homophobic don't think these guys represent us right? You do realize that the ones that think these guys represent us still wouldn't like us if we were all "appropriate" right?

Guys like the ones in OP's picture annoy the hell out of me but they are not the reason homophobia exists. OP sounds desperate to please the homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

I like freaks. They're a lot more interesting than OP.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

OP is representative of the deeply self loathing homosexual that is terrified straight people won't like him if he acts in some self described undignified manner. He is of course ignorant of the history of his people and movement - a movement that was spearheaded by radicals rather than middle class flyovers who are more interested in the approval of heterosexuals.

One more thing OP, the media and their straight allies will never tell the truth about our lives no matter how well we "behave," so save your sanctimonious breath.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

OP is shit stirring.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

I hope this is a troll post. Those "freaks" were there every step of the way, they deserve to be front and center for the big dance.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

I think OP feels improperly represented by these people and therefore doesn't want to be represented at all by them. Not really that hard a concept to grasp -- it is the justification for gerrymandering.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

The 'phobes wouldn't like them anymore if they were wearing pressed jeans and sensible sweaters.

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

R11 straights who are not homophobic aren't the ones who need to be won over. We already have their support.

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

If you don't like the image they present, get out there and put your own image before the world.

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013

Those "freaks" were where every step of the way, r15? Dancing in the streets? Good for them if they're enjoying it. But I'm not going to thank them for it.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2013

It was those so-called freaks who blazed the trail for gay rights when it wasn't fashionable.

It was the drag queens who led during Stonewall.

Learn your history, you self-loathing jackass.

Without the in-your-face, don't give a crap attitude of the truly out and proud queers like these, you'd just be another closet case, married douchebag sucking cock on the side before going home to the wife and kids.

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2013

I agree with OP. How fucking humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2013

r17 maybe not the phobes, but their frau wives would like them more

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

r21 just pull every cliche known to man.

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

Haha, r34, good parody post!

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

I want to thank the webmaster for allowing posts today...Thank you on this historic day webbie!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

I like freaks, but that bitch in the red mesh needs to settle down.

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

Sorry, but it is not self-loathing to say these people do not represent me.

I don't care about the Rosa Parks of drag queen and naked leather activists. Cover your ass if you want to be taken seriously.

I ain't old neither, and won't play, so say what you like. We don't give up our right to disagree with how other people act just because we have the same sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

The freaks aren't harming anyone by dressing up. Anyone who isn't open-minded enough to know that, isn't open-minded enough to accept homosexuality either. The most tame, vanilla gay person still a big threat to anyone who believes in rigid gender roles.

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2013

R29, yes, you are self loathing, if you project these hostilities.

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2013

[quote]Sorry, but it is not self-loathing to say these people do not represent me.

Get out there and represent yourself, then. Oh wait, you're cowering under mama's aprons.

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2013

Yes, if only every gay wore banana republic or j crew, we'd all be accepted as equals!

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2013

I totally agree with R2, if you're such a fine example, OP, then shut the fuck up and get to the front of a line instead of being a coward and yapping about it on the DL!

by Anonymousreply 3803/26/2013

Very good r36, you play right into the homophobic hand.

by Anonymousreply 4003/26/2013

I tend to agree with OP.

That pic is hilarious, though.

Looks like Jerrica "Jem" Benton vs. Abby Lee Miller.

by Anonymousreply 4103/26/2013

[quote]Did that queen HAVE to show up like that?

SHE showed up yet you didn't.

by Anonymousreply 4403/26/2013

I love freaks! They make life interesting and stir the pot a bit. They tend to be trailblazers and should be honored as such.

However, there is a time and place to let your freak flag fly and a time and place to keep it at half mast. I think today it would be better to be a bit more subdued.

I would never want to censor anyone, but today it should be about the collective "us". By wearing a red mesh shirt, that guy is making it all about him. For Pride? Awesome. For Civil Rights? I don't know. It shouldn't be about the movement, not the individual.

by Anonymousreply 4503/26/2013

While I roll my eyes when I saw that also, it is true that the only people who are going to use them as a stereotype to represent all gay stereotype are people who were already homophobic anyway.

Anyway straight person who is already open minded isn't going to be in any way offended by that.

by Anonymousreply 4603/26/2013

Agree with op. this isn't what should be in the history books. This isn't a party, this is a court decision hearing. How is that queen in pink helping?

by Anonymousreply 4703/26/2013

R46. I very respectfully disagree. They may not be offended, but they will be less likely to defend that kind of asshole to their straight friends.

by Anonymousreply 4803/26/2013

When the black people were trotted out tap dancing with fried chicken and a watermelon grin, lots of black folk thought it was OK too.

But it wasn't

by Anonymousreply 4903/26/2013

r44, who fucking asked her to. She showed up because she knew there'd be a camera.

Some costume in the street isn't going to get the case won in court. You know who is? The old, nerdy lawyers representing our side, one of them who is a hardcore republican.

Court is a nerd proceeding, ms. fabulous startling the participants doesn't help us at all.

by Anonymousreply 5003/26/2013

I think that the more the public connects these "freaks" to equality, the better. These next days are about everyone, not just the plain gay set and not just the A-gay set.

If the people see that everyone, especially the dressed up, courageous, prideful group has been officially made equal then that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 5103/26/2013

Total false equivalency, r49!

by Anonymousreply 5203/26/2013

And yet, R48, you defend Kirk Cameron and Jerry Falwell on another thread. A silly drag queen is a danger to gay rights but bigoted fundies aren't?

by Anonymousreply 5303/26/2013

I'm far, far more repulsed and embarrased by the most well-dressed and buttoned-down Log Cabinette than by and pink-body-suited freak in devils horns.

by Anonymousreply 5403/26/2013

I think it's great. It's pathetic that those who are part of a hated minority group and are often themselves called a "freak" should throw that insult at members of that same minority.

Gays come in all variety. Embrace it. Diversity is always a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 5503/26/2013

Really you are all focusing on the wrong thing. This flaming soul is likely one of the very few who showed up in "costume".

Of course the media will pick up on this and that little clip of him harmlessly posing will be played and printed over and over and over. The media are the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 5603/26/2013

"It puts the lotion on its skin..."

by Anonymousreply 5703/26/2013

r56 is right - she's been in tons of pictures on the web, and she's all over the cable channels. The media are happy to attach her image to the cause of marriage equality. That's not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 5803/26/2013

If you want to show up in the voting booth while freaks show up in the streets, then don't be mad when people remember the freaks. Nobody can see you vote.

by Anonymousreply 5903/26/2013

The self-loathing posters in this thread who only want the public to see gays as buttoned down and "normal" straight-acting are what gave rise to organizations like GOProud and Log Cabin Republicans. Sorry, drag queens are also part of the LGBT, and they played a large part in gay acceptance. You know someone is very tolerant when they can look at someone who is so far out there and so different from themselves and say "that's okay."

by Anonymousreply 6103/26/2013

Like anyone else can get camera time anyway when there's a drag queen around. You can't represent anything if no one sees you.

by Anonymousreply 6203/26/2013

r50 - They don't represent me either in the sense that I don't look that way, but you sure have a lot to say for someone who has probably never done a thing. And you're no better than any bigot, thinking that your way of being gay is better than someone else's.

Besides, you're so busy clutching your pearls, you don't even consider what r56 says, that the media coverage is biased toward showing more colourful protestors.

by Anonymousreply 6303/26/2013

What does "I BET HELL IS FABULOUS" have to do with the fight for marriage rights? His sign seems inappropriate and overly defensive to me. Does he think he's protesting the WBC or something? The sign alone makes him look stupid, given the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 6403/26/2013

Agree with above. I'm more offended by the sign not the loon.

What does hell have to do with a very important issue? Dude seems very immature and inappropriate to the circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 6503/26/2013

r64 whether you're in drag or straight acting, homophobes don't give a shit. They think you're going to hell anyways. That is the point, dear.

Who wants to go to heaven with the likes of bigots anyways? I think it would be much more fun in hell with the drag queens. They know how to have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 6603/26/2013

Why do drag queen always have to make these things about them and their need for attention?

Yes he has a right to act and dress the way he did, but it would have been nice to see everyone attempting to turn the freak flag down a bit for the sake of optics.

If he wanted to be expressive, he could have worn the same outlandish getup while waving a pro marriage equality placard. Instead, he simply had to prance around in an obvious attempt to both offend as many as possible while proving stereotypes are still alive and well, and all for the cameras.

This is what self loathing is to me. He hates himself so much that he has no respect for his own rights and must focus on being a silly stereotype.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 6703/26/2013

He has no respect for his own rights? That's double talk. By being over-the-top he's showing that he still has a right to be himself in the US without being thrown in jail.

This thread is full of self-loathing gays who only want the public to see the straight-acting gays.

by Anonymousreply 6803/26/2013

Just Stop OP! Who the hell are you to call anyone "freaks". Go back into your closet with your shame.

by Anonymousreply 6903/26/2013

People like the OP are stupid.

The people who would be offended by a flaming gay like the one in that pic are the same people who would get offended if they saw two cookie-cutter gay men/lesbians holding hands and wearing completely "acceptable" clothing.

However, it allows insecure people like r67 to think of themselves as the "good" gays. How come you're not saying "fuck him" to the actual homophobes who are the ones denying you your rights?

by Anonymousreply 7103/26/2013

Please post more funny pics from the crowd, please.

by Anonymousreply 7203/26/2013

Many of these posts make me fear it is only a matter of time before the flyover idiots are registered Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 7303/26/2013

I'm sure the OP is thrilled in creating this bitchfest of ignorance!

by Anonymousreply 7403/26/2013

OP wants everyone to join his revamped Mattachine Society.

by Anonymousreply 7503/26/2013

It's not that I don't respect OTT drag queens.

It's that this is not a valid or accurate representation of the serious and valued commitment we are fighting for.

Fun soldier, wrong battleground.

by Anonymousreply 7603/26/2013

I have to agree with R39. I'm all for people dressing however they want, but there's a time and place for everything and this isn't the time to dress like a freakshow. This is a serious issue. I mean, would you go to work looking like that (unless of course you work at a costume shop)?

by Anonymousreply 7703/26/2013

One of the most vocal conformists on this thread casually threw in an anti-gay slur in a different thread. Why do you even assume that all these trolls are even gay?

by Anonymousreply 7803/26/2013

I wonder if they are paid actors, hired to create a debauched scene. Like when Michael Jackson used to pay people to cry and scream, "We love you Michael!" (I love you more)? Or the whole Tea Party, which is obviously funded by the Repugs?

Then drop a Jerry Sandusky scandal into the mix and you erase all sympathy for the queers who want to get married "like normal people".

by Anonymousreply 7903/26/2013

Most groups have freaks, not much you can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 8003/26/2013

Michael Jackson used to pay people to scream, "I love you, Michael!"??? First I've heard of that.

by Anonymousreply 8103/26/2013

Let him have some fun. Anyone who sees him has probably also seen the plaintiffs and the rest of the gay people at the rally. We have room for freaks.

by Anonymousreply 8203/26/2013

What "stereotype" is this person confirming? That there are gay men who are feminine? There are gay men who are feminine. So what? There's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with this person showing up at this protest as they wish. If 10,000 people like OP had shown up and surrounded this guy we never would have seen him, no matter how hard the camera searched. The OP had to work. That's life.

by Anonymousreply 8303/26/2013

R42/R60, I'm not sure you know what self-loathing means. Have a blessed day, sister dear.

by Anonymousreply 8403/26/2013

R67, the only people getting offended, are posters like you and those who want to get offended. There is absolutely nothing 'freaky' or offensive about the person in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 8503/26/2013

[quote]Let him have some fun. Anyone who sees him has probably also seen the plaintiffs and the rest of the gay people at the rally. We have room for freaks.

This isn't a pride parade, idiot. This is historic, and it deserves some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 8603/26/2013

[quote]The self-loathing posters in this thread who only want the public to see gays as buttoned down and "normal" straight-acting

Blah, blah, blah. Get going, toots!

by Anonymousreply 8703/26/2013

Again, it's his message that is offensive. WTF does going to hell have to do with this? He's "going there" when it's not even warranted.

by Anonymousreply 8803/26/2013

I agree op!!

by Anonymousreply 9003/26/2013

R77, I'm sure freakshows everywhere appreciate your concern, and now that you've voiced it, they surely will take it into consideration next time they leave the house. Next!

by Anonymousreply 9103/26/2013

I should have gone and worn my shirt/halter!

by Anonymousreply 9203/26/2013

That "freak" as you call him, is doubtless the distinguished Republican senator from South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 9303/26/2013

Unfortunately, they are who the media picks to show. Makes it look like the gays are a freak group sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 9403/26/2013

No, R89, I just don't think it is your place, or anyone else's for that matter, to judge anyone's contribution to our cause. Whether the sister in OP's pic is their for attention or because she genuinely is showing support, is not your business. If anyone were seeking your validation, they'd let you know.

by Anonymousreply 9503/26/2013

It's true though, this isn't a pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 9603/26/2013

There has been some great coverage of all types outside the Court today. We've seen the colorful gays bashed by the OP, parents and friends of gays, Fundie freaks, Fundie hatemongers, and (best of all) children of same-sex couples. NPR just interviewed a cute little girl who was there with her two Dads.

Three days ago, a DL thread complained that the gays wouldn't be out there today. The OP of that thread can shove it!

by Anonymousreply 9703/26/2013

Actually, they do look ridiculous. I thought you fellas took this serious and here we have Ru Paul mashup. It is funny though, so thanks for the laugh I guess.

by Anonymousreply 9803/26/2013

How long does this Supreme Court stuff go on for?

by Anonymousreply 9903/26/2013

A decision on the case will be made without influence of who is protesting.

I'm more interesting in the case being won for the marriage equality.

OP's focus is not mine.

by Anonymousreply 10003/26/2013

Why are flyovers so filled with hate and intolerance?

by Anonymousreply 10103/26/2013

[quote]How long does this Supreme Court stuff go on for?

The arguments over Prop 8 ended today.

Tomorrow, DOMA is the topic.

by Anonymousreply 10203/26/2013

Decisions not expected before June.

by Anonymousreply 10303/26/2013

[quote]Decisions not expected before June.

Oh, fucking hell. It amazes me how long this stuff has to drag out for to make a decision.

by Anonymousreply 10403/26/2013

What color jockstraps and caftans are we wearing to SCOTUS tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 10503/26/2013

[quote]Those assholes are interested in getting a second on television. None of the will sway or influence least positively.

by Anonymousreply 10603/26/2013

[quote]Anyway straight person who is already open minded isn't going to be in any way offended by that.

This is true.

by Anonymousreply 10703/26/2013

I am a gay man who is offended.

Liberal straights love to see gay men as court jester. So of course they don't mind a drag queen or a hairy-chapped bare-assed village person.

The next step in gay evolution is to acknowledge that like any other group, we are not all alike, and can only represent ourselves.

Drags queens and leather boys have rights too. I don't have to identify with their presentation.

by Anonymousreply 10803/26/2013

[quote]Liberal straights love to see gay men as court jester. So of course they don't mind a drag queen or a hairy-chapped bare-assed village person

What if it's not about that, but just plain old acceptance?

by Anonymousreply 10903/26/2013

These folks represent your point of view just as much as the Westboro Baptist Chuch freaks represent everyone who opposes gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 11103/26/2013

You think his picture will be in history books?

by Anonymousreply 11203/26/2013

[quote]Why are flyovers so filled with hate and intolerance?

Those flyovers, which you've been harping on in this thread, are the ones who are fighting harder than that thing in OP's picture. Those flyovers are the ones that are living in a straight person's world. Those flyovers are the ones that choose to live outside of gay ghettos in NYC and LA and have the most to benefit from this historic event. Those flyovers are just as gay as you and me, and you are the very definition of hypocrite to put this drag queen who adds nothing to the fight on a pedestal of your gay brothers and sisters trying to live normal lives in that flyover land you despise so much.

by Anonymousreply 11303/26/2013

r113 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 11403/26/2013

There's a reason it's hard to get a job as a fat ramp model. Images count. So God or Gaia bless 'em, but realistically parading around the cliches about gay life isn't particularly helpful, whether we're free to be you and me or not.

I wish the image was of a dads and dads or moms and mom and their families but the media never saw something shiny and sparkly they didn't like.

Everybody rushing to defend the extremes seems to be undercutting the popular argument around here that everybody has to come out in order to show everybody else we're just like them.

So what's it gonna be?

by Anonymousreply 11503/26/2013

This whole thread makes me think of

jews who are offended about "new yawk money grubbers" representing them

italian americans who are offended by the Sopranos and Jersey shore

blacks who are embarrassed by ghetto queens and gangstas

women who hate the "girls" at the playboy mansion

I could go on but you all get the drift. In each case it is all about the opinions of the "others" the ones who hold the cultural power, who judge whichever group one belongs to and identifies with. It's people like ____ who hurt our progress and make them deny us.

Blacks and women would never have gained the rights they now have if the opinion of the others/majority held sway forever. It wasn't winning them over that gained rights. It was law, federal law.

Carrying on over the effect of "embarrassing gay pride freaks" is not going to be fruitful.

Nor is trying to win over people who are inclined to deny your rights, whether prompted by religion or outright bigotry.Gays have the same inalienable rights that every american has, and it is up to the SC to affirm and recognize that. We will win in the end, now, or in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 11603/26/2013

I wear sensible clothes, have a respectable job etc. If homophobic people want to think that all types of gay people are represented at a protest, then that's their issue. Personally, I appreciate "the embarrassing gay pride freaks" for not giving a shit and fighting for equality.

by Anonymousreply 11703/26/2013

He is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 11803/26/2013

No they hate us because they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 11903/26/2013

They hate us because judges like Scalia have been telling them it is socially acceptable for a hundred years.

by Anonymousreply 12003/26/2013

[quote] Personally, I appreciate "the embarrassing gay pride freaks" for not giving a shit and fighting for equality.

Yes, but what in that picture signifies a fight for gay marriage? The sign about going to hell?

I think you were right to phrase it as "not giving a shit" before "fighting for equality."

by Anonymousreply 12103/26/2013

They hate us because unlike them if we 'misbehave', it is representative of all gays and lesbians. If it is a straight person, either they are accepted, or more usually cast out from the fold.

She means no harm, but my mother often says that she is OK with gays, but not with promiscuous ones who center their lives around sex. Plenty of straight people are promiscuous, but she would never differentiate in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 12203/26/2013

That might be because its not flaunted r122. But even those straights who do flaunt it, are looked down on.

by Anonymousreply 12303/26/2013

No, not exactly, R114. How does R113 know how much anyone is adding to the fight? It is so sad that some of you people are just as hateful as the anti-gay crowd.

by Anonymousreply 12403/26/2013

Yes R123, but it isn't used as an example of why heterosexuality is sin/ immoral etc.

by Anonymousreply 12503/26/2013

Ok, a little story, not a false equivalency.

When I was 18 in 1994, I decided to go to the gay pride parade in my hometown of Toronto. I had been the year before with friends, but wanted to go on my own and look sexy. I wanted the full experience and to drink in the warm atmosphere, get some attention, hopefully get served in some bars later and probably get laid. I was excited and looking good. I was out to my family even if not all were happy about it yet. Heading into University. Far from a virgin.

I wore a tank top and some cargo shorts, was tanned and worked out, showed off what was good, and was looking forward to seeing the hundreds of thousands of people.

They closed down streets and set up booths for every possible group, from gay firemen to Wiccans, to PFLAG and lots of drag performers. There is going to be a big and wonderful parade at 3:00 p.m. Hot guys. Friendly lesbians. Voyeurs and straight supporters of gay people and a great party on a beautiful day. Families.

One of the booths, in the middle of a closed down street on a hot summer day, next to The Gay Poet's Society for all I know, had a guy in a free standing sling, getting fist fucked. At noon. It was representing a leather group or something I don't remember.

I do remember staring and turning around, fighting back through the crowded streets full of lovely people saying hello to me, and holding hands in couples or in rowdy groups. I went right back home and cried.

I was something other than offended. I was young and new and not sure that I could deal with what I had seen. Not only fisting, but in the streets where lots of kids were around with their families, not to mention young and somewhat tender me. I knew that I was gay, but it ruined that day for me, and I spent a lot of time wondering if I could join in this "lifestyle". I never attended the gay pride parade again, until my bf basically made me 15 years later. It was alright.

Aren't some displays unnecessary.? Yes the Toronto Gay Pride Committee put a stop to that particular display eventually(not that year) but not the group of gay men who love boys, or men and women near naked being whipped in public. The NAMBLA dudes even get their own float in the parade. Some others are relegated to their booths. All are public displays, open to anyone walking by.

Maybe I over-reacted, but it hurt my heart to be honest to see a dude with a crisco fist deep in his hole in the middle of a city street. I thought this being gay and proud stuff was not for me.

Y'all are gonna come after me now. I am just sharing a past experience. I have never been anti-sex and have done most everything wild a guy can do, but I have some sense of time and place and what is appropriate.

I wasn't concerned about what others would think of me, I was offended and freaked out and wondered how much I could accept. I went home and cried. Ha.

Have at me. I am a big boy now.

So I live in Montreal today with my legal husband of seven years. We are both in the arts and participate in many forms of pro-gay fundraising and activism, especially Amnesty International and Broadway Cares. These are our communities. I have come to appreciate drag queens even if I cannot identify with them. I think that leather is funny, but I have my own image that is half jock and half musician. A bit of a show off in my own way. Intolerable to some no doubt.

I hold hands and kiss my bf on the street all the time, and have gone further in clubs and on vacation. Isn't that where some things belong ?

I don't think that kinks and freaks should be pushed underground, but I do think they are self serving and not about any cause other than themselves. They do not represent most of us. I am no flyover.

Sorry for long story. I am in favour of all social justice and full equality and protection for gay people, naturally. But what is wrong with saying that some individual representations are offensive to me?

I have presented a false equivalency I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 12603/26/2013

I thought the Crisco fisters led the charge at Stonewall?

by Anonymousreply 12703/26/2013

So much for never reading newspapers, that must have really got to her or she was told about the negativity her claws were generating. But doesn't she have eyes? And speaking of eyes, what's the line besides the sunglasses? Her latest blepharoplasty?

by Anonymousreply 12903/26/2013

I am a top. Nothing gets me off like some little twink or even a daddy sucking on my cock, looking up at me.

by Anonymousreply 13003/26/2013

Den almost looks like he's ready for the old folks home.

by Anonymousreply 13103/26/2013

R126, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 13203/26/2013

R126, I get your point and I agree with it.

Just because I support everybody's right to be who they are doesn't mean I surrender the right to think in some cases who they are is pretty fucking stupid.

I can't think of a reason for a public fisting that passes the smell test.

by Anonymousreply 13403/26/2013

The entire nation should just watch RuPaul's Drag Race, the best reality show ever, and get over it.

by Anonymousreply 13503/26/2013

Rights are not supposed to be open to popularity contests. Throughout American history, if all contentious decisions over civil rights were left solely to popular will and the political process, progress would have been very slow, indeed. It's precisely why Americans have turned to their last available option -- the courts -- as a way of ensuring their rights are yes!

by Anonymousreply 13603/26/2013

Meeting the water and filtration requirements was challenging and required a lot of technical learning and attention. Feeding and plant life and proper environments also required ongoing self-education. nEver does this happen well.

by Anonymousreply 13703/26/2013

you CUNT, should probably know a little bit of Spanish because there is a huge legal immigrant problem here. Traffic is a nightmare, even on hours and weekends. It never used to be like that but now even going 75 miles on a weekend you have to allow 2 hours to get there.

by Anonymousreply 13803/26/2013

Already on the commercial they showed one of the girls (maybe you) kind of falling and gliding down the diving board on your stomach, it looked painful.

by Anonymousreply 13903/26/2013

I'm more embarrassed by the reaction here than the flame throwing protesters!

by Anonymousreply 14203/26/2013

A bat from hell just blew through at 143!

by Anonymousreply 14403/26/2013

They are CIA put there to discredit the movement.

by Anonymousreply 14503/26/2013

F&F r143

by Anonymousreply 14603/26/2013

Au contraire r147, freeper bigots get banned all the time. Better watch your step.

by Anonymousreply 14803/26/2013

143 meet 147, talk amongst yourselves. Here's a couple cocktails.

by Anonymousreply 14903/26/2013

Cunty cunts will cunt cunt cunt!

by Anonymousreply 15003/26/2013

[quote]The entire nation should just watch RuPaul's Drag Race, the best reality show ever, and get over it.

And there you have it. The advocates for this nonsense are quoting RuPaul, and think that a cheap reality show should be the backdrop of the gay community. Sorry, jobs. Life ain't a drag. Life ain't a movie. Stop regurgitating cliches spewed forth from RuPaul and co. Enough with the drag queen Stonewall crap too.

by Anonymousreply 15103/26/2013

[quote]You think his picture will be in history books?

This one, and a thousand others in the coming days no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 15203/26/2013

You're a drag too r151, just not the fun kind.

by Anonymousreply 15303/27/2013

I suppose humor is never used by the superior heterosexual class?

by Anonymousreply 15403/27/2013

Someone asked a few months back what the gay equivalent to an "Uncle Tom" would be.

That equivalent would be Andrew Sullivan. And there are shades of him all over this thread.

At least now we have a name for these types.

by Anonymousreply 15503/27/2013

Someone should put an end to RuPauls agony.

by Anonymousreply 15603/27/2013

R13 is representative of the deeply idiotic brand of homosexual who believes that anyone who does not love the trash of our community is self loathing.

by Anonymousreply 15703/27/2013

R21 bullshit.

Sylvia Rivera attempted to re-write history. Drag was not allowed in Stonewall.

Learn real history.

by Anonymousreply 15803/27/2013

Amen, R155!

by Anonymousreply 15903/27/2013

If the drag queen/Stonewall thing was fake, that'd be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 16003/27/2013

R160 it is fake. There were not drag queens at Stonewall. The closest thing were the Stonewall girls. A group of men who rolled their trousers up and acted girly and sang a ditty the second night.

Because the bar had no license they could not afford to attract attention and only those in conservative dress could enter.

by Anonymousreply 16103/27/2013

I agree with the OP too. It is embarrassing and I don't want to be represented by these people.

However, it is also 100% true that these people have been at the forefront of fighting for gay rights for decades and we owe them a debt of gratitude. They have put themselves in harms way and never flinched - crazy looking/behaving as they are.

I'm not sure how to get the balance right but I am not represented by these people. Sorry if you find this offensive.

by Anonymousreply 16203/27/2013

Ultimately, we know you aren't there OP, and neither are any of the other people in here complaining. Not showing up then complaining about the people who do is beyond weakness. Drowning out someone's voice and making sure they aren't seen really isn't that hard--there just have to be more of you than them. Of course, considering the stakes, that this is your focus is pathetic. You are a weak, weak person.

by Anonymousreply 16303/27/2013

R162 Not it is not true...they are not the ones who did anything but public display.

by Anonymousreply 16403/27/2013

I wish Storme DeLarverie was in the crowds at the Supreme Court now kicking some Republican ass.

by Anonymousreply 16503/27/2013

I wouldn't consider a flaming freak in devil horns parading a "I'm sure Hell is *FABULOUS*" sign to be fighting for my rights. If that's fighting for my rights, I'd rather him not.

by Anonymousreply 16603/27/2013

I agree with OP as well. The flaming drag queens on skateboards do not represent all of us. There is a time and place for that stuff

by Anonymousreply 16703/27/2013

Oh, sure, R163. I live in California. Am I supposed to fly all the way across the country to show up the attention whores? You're simple-minded.

by Anonymousreply 16803/27/2013

I'm not simple-minded enough to stamp my widdle feet because I'm ashamed of some ugly queen I've never met parading around in front of the Supreme Court. I really don't give a damn what you do, because I don't know you, have no relationship to you, and whether you show up in front of a courthouse has nothing to do with how anyone sees me. So take your excuses and shove them up your pathetic prolapsed ass you worm. Apparently that queen found a way to be where she wanted to be. If you can't do the same that's your problem. Other people aren't obligated to refrain from going where they want because you can't scrape together the airfare--or the nerve to have everyone on the big bad teevee see you for the the fag you are (like anyone whose been within 100 feet of you doesn't already know). Idiot coward.

by Anonymousreply 16903/27/2013

When justices are weighing whether or not the "gay lifestyle" has an adverse affect on children, the depiction presented at OP does NOT help the cause.

A sorry state, I agree, but this is a fact.

by Anonymousreply 17003/27/2013

...and I would call drag queens cowards. They are afraid to be seen as they really are and instead invent unrecognizable personas.

by Anonymousreply 17103/27/2013

I have the itchiest pussy lips in town!

by Anonymousreply 17203/27/2013

[quote]Because the bar had no license they could not afford to attract attention and only those in conservative dress could enter.

PSmoking marijuana was also against the law and against the rules, but that didn't mean it didn't happen.

And there were plenty of drag queens throughout the village and in the square at the time. It was famous for it. One of the slogans appearing graffitied on the bar during the riots was "Drag Power." That would be an odd thing if there were no drag queens involved.

The 'good gays' always want to rewrite history so it's a bunch of Abercrombie models fighting for gay rights.

Not. the. way. it. was, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 17303/27/2013

The only thing I saw that caused me a problem was the devil guy and I guess I can sort of see the point he was trying to make, but I do think there is a solemnity to the legal process that makes baiting the Christian bears like that sort of inappropriate.

I truthfully wondered if that fellow was a plant.

by Anonymousreply 17403/27/2013

You are correct R173 that was written.

Trashy village types did join the protest on the second night. They glammed on and tried to re-write history to make it THEIR night, when in fact they joined an already thriving riot. 'Involved' and 'leading the fight' are two different things.

I never stated it was Abercrombie models, in fact, fact far from it.

It was nebbishes, and nerds and regular folks and lesbians that led the fight. Abercrombie types likely were not in abundance in that period of history.

by Anonymousreply 17503/27/2013

With due respect to "Abercrombie" types, they rarely are. I'd say almost never. Mostly they move into the comfort zone created by the freaks after the freaks forge ahead.

by Anonymousreply 17603/27/2013

[quote]When justices are weighing whether or not the "gay lifestyle" has an adverse affect on children, the depiction presented at OP does NOT help the cause

It doesn't hurt it either. Or are you implying that Supreme Court Justices are influenced by these images?

[quote]This isn't a pride parade, idiot

It's not the waiting room at a law firm or a religious altar either. It's the STREET. Open to all kinds as long as they are not breaking the law. There are offensive straight people protesting in Wash, DC making homophobes look 100 times worse than these drag queens do the gays. I for one am glad everyone's allowed.

by Anonymousreply 17703/27/2013

r177, thank you , a voice of reason.

by Anonymousreply 17803/27/2013

I suspect money problems. According to a Wiki entry on them, it's some sort of producer but doesn't seem to have much of anything to the credit card.

by Anonymousreply 17903/27/2013

Who cares what anyone thinks, stick it in their faces, there should have been leatherbear butts, nudity and sex in the streets in front of the court - they didn't go far enough. TAKE OVER HRC!

by Anonymousreply 18003/27/2013

Thank you R177. Sending you my love. Do The Right Thing SCOTUS!

by Anonymousreply 18103/27/2013

[quote]Ultimately, we know you aren't there OP, and neither are any of the other people in here complaining. Not showing up then complaining about the people who do is beyond weakness. Drowning out someone's voice and making sure they aren't seen really isn't that hard--there just have to be more of you than them. Of course, considering the stakes, that this is your focus is pathetic. You are a weak, weak person.

by Anonymousreply 18203/27/2013

[quote]However, it is also 100% true that these people have been at the forefront of fighting for gay rights for decades and we owe them a debt of gratitude.

No, they haven't. Not more than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 18303/27/2013

Yes, the sure have, they have done more FOR gays than not.

by Anonymousreply 18403/27/2013

Just seeing this thread and OP's photo--sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone recognize that guy from the Times Square subway station? He dances during the PM rush for money. He's a really good dancer and draws a sizable crowd.

by Anonymousreply 18503/27/2013

[quote]It doesn't hurt it either. Or are you implying that Supreme Court Justices are influenced by these images?

How are you so sure they're not to some extent? Why haven't they decided in favor yet?

The court of public opinion also matters.

by Anonymousreply 18603/27/2013

OP, R8 and others- why are they embarrassing? Because they do not look like you? Oh I see.

All who feel passionate about this issue should look like straight white males and their wives with a sprinkling of well groomed and dressed blacks and Asians. Ok, good idea. Equality is all about being the same- preferrably like you OP/R8, right?

by Anonymousreply 18703/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!