Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stars Voice Thoughts on Supreme Court as Gay Marriage Hearings Begin

Celebrities are voicing their thoughts as the United States Supreme Court hears arguments on the constitutionality of Proposition 8, California’s ban on same-sex marriage.

On Tuesday, the Court heard arguments from both sides, with two California couples saying the ban violates the Constitution’s equal protection clause, while defenders of the ban argue that states should be able to decide for themselves whether they will permit gay marriage.

The hearing will continue on Wednesday.

See what stars are saying about the historical case here:

Barack Obama: RT if you agree. #MarriageEquality

Kristen Bell: today, the Supreme court is hearing 1 of the most important cases in history. dont sleep on it #equalitymatters

Sophia Bush: People who hide hate & excuses 4 inequality behind God r missing the point of faith entirely. @EqualityMatters

Ricky Martin: Supreme Court #SCOTUS #Prop8 #UnitedForMarriage #Time4Marriage #loveconquershate #OneDadAndOneMomisOK #TwoDadsIsOK @TwoMomsIsOK”

Katie Couric: A historic day as @scotus hears case on Prop 8! We look at what it means for gay families in America on @KatieShow

Andy Cohen: All eyes on #SCOTUS - today is about equality! Overturn this hateful #prop8 !

Alyssa Milano: Changed my profile picture and header in support of marriage equality. Feel free to do the same!

Russell Simmons: I hope that the Supreme Court stands on the right-side of history today by acknowledging marriage equality for all.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson: History in the making: @AFER ‘s Olson and Boies arrive at @SCOTUS. @MarriageEquality.

Cooper Hefner: Ignorance isn’t always bliss. Lets hope the United States Supreme Court can remind us that seperate but equal has never worked. #prop8

Chelsea Clinton: Eagerly awaiting news from today’s Supreme Court hearing on @Prop8. #UnitedForMarriage

by Anonymousreply 903/27/2013

Lindsay Lohan: Whu...whuuu? What year is this? *pukes*

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

Miss America 2013, Mallory Hagan (@MissAmerica):

[quote]What do you stand for? #equality #freedom #humanrights

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

[quote]Seriously why would any straight support gay marriage?

Seriously, R1?

1) Because its morally right to support equal rights for all.

2) Because they have friends or family who are gay and they want equality and justice for those loved ones.

3) Because they have (or plan to have) children, and they want their kids to grow up in a world/country/community that treats everyone fairly, especially if one of their kids grows up to be gay.

4) Because many are liberal, or at least socially liberal, and support for same-sex marriage is a logical extension of the political philosophy they follow.

5) Because they are not bigots, they can recognize unfairness, they possess the moral compass that tells them that it's wrong, and they aren't threatened by gay marriage or gay people in general.

What shithole do you live in, that the concept of "straight allies" is so foreign and unfathomable?

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

Jaclyn Smith-My first cat was a shelter cat . I named her Bootsie Gum Drops. 10 Minutes ago@BOOTSIEGUMDROPS

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

Me me me me me me me me me me me. #me

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

Jaclyn Smith/Bootsie Gum Drops references make me laugh out loud every single time.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

What's a supreme court?

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

Sophia Bush,being a Bush,should shut the fuck up and fuck off! I think all these celebs should do the same too!

by Anonymousreply 903/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!