Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

REPORT: Mayor of Toronto Has a Drinking Problem

The Toronto Star is reporting that Rob Ford, the Mayor of Toronto, has a drinking problem.

As he is doing his drinking during his private life, does the public have a right to know?

by Anonymousreply 3803/27/2013

He doesn't show up to work before noon most days so yes, it impacts his job. Also his refusal to have a driver means he poses a threat on the road.

I feel sorry for him. His family forced him to run for Mayor and he obviously hates the job and can't handle the responsibilities. He'll have a heart attack if he's not more careful.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

He was drunk off his ass when he goosed female political opponent at an official event.

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

Didn't everyone know this already? He's a boozer who also beats his wife. So ashamed to be a Torontonian with that violent conservative sack of shit in office.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

In two hundred years, you could probably count Mayors of Toronto on one hand who haven't had a drinking problem.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

I feel sorry for him too.

Granted, he's mostly idiot, but the Toronto Star has been hounding him since day one.

Ford may have a drinking problem. The Star has a stalking problem.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

Why would anyone feel sorry for some idiotic, alcoholic fool? I feel sorry for the people who DIDN'T vote for his fat, sorry ass but got stuck with him as mayor. He's a complete disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

Thank David Miller.

Ford is the heir he created.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

Define "problem"?

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

He beats his wife?

I've heard the drugs and alcohol rumors before, but not the abuse. Care to elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

R9 there have been several domestic violence 911 calls from the Ford house.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

All Canadians drink

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

R5 Ford acting the fool at a well-attended event and people talking about it afterwards does not constitute stalking. Also, if you read the Star article, the reporter talked to people from the Mayor's office past & present who want this to be a wake-up call for him to get help.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

That's some mighty slow counting, R4.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

If he is sober between office hours, and only gets plastered after office hours.

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

R11, true, but many can't afford to drink daily or be alcoholics

I believe that's y weed use seems to be so high (a high percentage of ppl I know use marijuana regularly, and I see people everywhere just smoking up

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

Toronto thought they were getting a Boris Johnson. Instead they got a Chris Farley.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

As long as he is boozing it up after office hours, what's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

Don't we all.... hic!

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013

Well I can understand it. I mean the mayor of Toronto? I'm surprise he didn't OD on heroin by now.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2013

[quote]All Canadians drink

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2013

Of COURSE the public has a right to know! I can't believe this was even put to a poll. Duh. He's a public official, elected by the public, getting paid with public money.

They should run the fuckhole out of office.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2013

Don't worry... running Ford out of office is the Star's sole mission in life.

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

The mayor of a major metropolis needs to be on his game all the time, so sure, it's OK as long as he's not at work.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

The problem R14 is that he only "works" about 3 hours a day, if that, between coaching football and lounging around the house. And he turns up at these evening events already sozzled.

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

Ford is a joke and very likely a drunk, if not worse, but that Star piece was sub-standard reporting. Nothing was attributed. That's a problem.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

Agree Ford is no prize, on his best day.

Agree even more about the Star.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

The Star had inside sources, they just didn't want their names on the record. But it's significant that Paul Ainslie, who's one of Ford's circle on council, acknowledges that he asked the mayor to leave the party.

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

he is gross in every way

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

When (not if) the numerous lawsuits and allegations about Ford finally get him kicked out of office, who would be a good replacement?

I heard Olivia Chow wants his job?

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2013

[quote]As long as he is boozing it up after office hours, what's the problem?

If he's at an event in his capacity as mayor it isn't after hours. The Mayor, in that sense, is never off the clock.

We, the Toronto taxpayers, are paying him to show up for work drunk .... when he shows up at all.

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2013

What irritates me about Ford is how he automatically denies everything he's accused of. If he had just owned up to it and said, "Yeah I like to have a drink everyone once in a while and like a lot of people sometimes I get carried away. But it in no way affects how I do my job." .... or something like that he wouldn't look like such an asshole all the time. As it is, he can't help looking like the liar he is.

by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2013

The problem with this level of anonymous sourcing is that creates a reverse onus to prove oneself innocent while never knowing your accusers.

They should be used sparingly. This ain't exactly Watergate.

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2013

Canada is being taken over by pigs.

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2013

Uh no, R34, Ford is quite unique. You could say Toronto has been taken over by a Pig.

R32, Yes, and it's also annoying how he says everything three times. "Subways, subways, subways." and "Lies, lies, lies."

R33 my guess is that Ford calling Sarah Thomson crazy was the tipping point that got people ready to talk. I'm also guessing Adrienne Batra is one of the sources and Denzil Minan Wong is another.

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2013

[quote] Of COURSE the public has a right to know! I can't believe this was even put to a poll. Duh. He's a public official, elected by the public, getting paid with public money.

So explain the same argument, but using Bill Clinton groping women in the White House.

At least Rob Ford is doing his drinking AWAY from City Hall.

by Anonymousreply 3603/27/2013

Ford's doing everything away from City Hall because he barely shows up to work and therein lies the problem! And when he turns up drunk at these events, he's on the clock, he's supposed to be representing Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 3703/27/2013

I think it's real dangerous in this country if we don't have some zone of privacy for everybody.

-Hilary Clinton

by Anonymousreply 3803/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!