Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

People Who Goof On Others

Have you ever met these people? I've seen new people walk in, they pick someone out, and they start making them the brunt of jokes, being sarcastic towards them in front of an audience, making them look like a fool. The victim could even be part of the in-crowd initially. Then some asshole comes in and starts trouble.

I had this happen once or twice as a kid, and as an adult, I've seen others do this to others around me. It drives me up the wall. Of course everyone falls in line suddenly behind the person doing the goofing, just because they don't want to be goofed upon.

Has this ever happened to you? How did you deal with it?

I always want to knock these people upside the head.

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013

Eva Braun's signature move. Will she report in? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

It's probably because you use the word Goof.

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

This thread is goofy.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

When I was a freshman at college several of my frightfully insecure roommates tried to do this but they were laughably bad at it, generally creating more support for the victim than he could have won on his own. When they turned it on me it actually improved my popularity. Then in a later year they met a drunk rich kid sad sack who was good at it and they started improving their game. Fortunately, I graduated early and didn't have to see what they could manage with their newly acquired skill.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

OP meant to type "People who go off on others"

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

They sound like horrid meanies, OP! I hope you give them a good piece of your mind!

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

OP, you should've titled this thread "People Who Enjoy Playing the Victim" instead.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

And then some fool started on a thread on the word "goof."

Another thread asks why people keep fish as pets.

Yet another asks what we know about "I Love Lucy" and whether it was funny.

Are people trying to be funny, ironic, clever? They are failing miserably.

Jesus, DL ain't what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

The phrase is 'goof on people.' What's your issue?

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

"Goof on someone" is an idiom.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

I just didn't think people used that "idiom" anymore, have not heard it in ages. Then you used it 3 times in your post, please stop horsing around.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

Just tell them to FUCK OFF, OP, you are old enough to handle yourself in such situations.

Only children cry when goof upon

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

r11, I'm in my 20s. We use it. Maybe it's a younger generation thing.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

Pffft

by Anonymousreply 1403/27/2013

Andy goofed on Elvis

by Anonymousreply 1503/27/2013

[quote]I've seen new people walk in, they pick someone out, and they start making them the brunt of jokes, being sarcastic towards them in front of an audience, making them look like a fool. The victim could even be part of the in-crowd initially. Then some asshole comes in and starts trouble.

Where is this happening? Who are these "new people" and what are they walking into? A high school cafeteria? A prison yard? This "in-crowd" you describe, who or what makes them the "in-crowd"?

Is this happening at work? If so, where the fuck do you work? A mental ward?

[quote]Of course everyone falls in line suddenly behind the person doing the goofing, just because they don't want to be goofed upon.

How old are you? This is middle-school shit.

What is wrong with you? Are you impaired in some way, or just emotionally stunted?

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.