Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are some interesting online relationship you've made?

Back when I was in grade 10, I went on this penpal web site and "befriended" a guy from Russia. We even sent sent recorded videos of ourselves on youtube with it on private (so only we can see each other). Anyway, he sent me pictures of Russia and talked about its might. And then we stopped communicating.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

In 1997 I made a friend from the AOL chat rooms. He lived in London and I in Texas. We met up about twice a year in Miami or NYC. Tried to date but didn't have a sexual spark. Nearly 16 years later, he's moved to Manhattan, married a wonderful girl, I moved to CT and married also. Our families are friends, our kids are friends. It's nice.

That a straight guy and straight girl from opposite ends of the planet could meet up and stay platonic friends is pretty cool IMO.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

That was interesting R1!

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

I have a good friend I started chatting with on AOL teen chat 15-16 year ago when we were freshman/sophomores in HS and we're still long distance friends and chat today (on the phone, we live in different states).

I had a friend from Germany back in HS and we used to talk. He turned 18 and had to do compulsory military service and I never heard from him again. His name was Frank. I'm A.A.(f) and had a much different background, in general. He was a really cool guy.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!