Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Beckham Tattoo Unveiled In China

More hideous ink. Something is psychologically wrong with David Beckham.

by Anonymousreply 4403/26/2013

Those tattoos are going to look like shit by 50. They'll be all faded out, discolored, and wrinkled.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

He has had admitted that he has OCD and it's manifested in tattoos. He is aware but has a hard time controlling this tic.

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

Most people with tattoos are victims of childhood abuse (either verbal, physical, or sexual...often all of the above). He'll hate himself no matter how much money he earns, or how much fame he enjoys.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

R2. I read something similar. I don't recall it being a tic, but Beckham did say he's addicted to tattoos.

Beckham needs therapy. He's ruined his body with ink.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

He said it in an interview. Don't shoot the messenger.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

r3, I've read the same thing before. You're the one who sounds like the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

Looks at the 2nd pic.

His teeth are HORRIBLE AND HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

Beckham Peking University? They named a college after him?

Also, since his so-called football ambassadorship didn't work in the US, is he trying his luck in China?

He's such a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

Physically repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

Calm down R12. Things will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

R2, ever considered seeing a shrink?

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

Oops, meant for that to be R12, not R2.

Sorry, R2.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

[quote]Also, since his so-called football ambassadorship didn't work in the US, is he trying his luck in China?

Things aren't going very well for him in China. The news on NPR said he was supposed to make a spectacular kick while wearing a special suit made in China and he fell on his ass. As a result, he's the laughing stock of the whole nation.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

I like him a lot, partly because of a sort of innocence about him despite global exposure.

Doubtless fame's distortions have increased his unlovely progress to illustrated manhood.

I can't think of a comparable case: handsome, beloved, fit, wealthy, but so unnecessarily self-decorating. And designedly irreversible.

If he's into pain, it's too bad he never spent some informative time with say Christian Bale. A good dominatrix would've spared him all that ink.

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

[quote]Most people with tattoos are victims of childhood abuse (either verbal, physical, or sexual...often all of the above).

I love it when assholes like r4 make up "statistics" to "prove" their invalid points. You're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

The ONLY people who seem interested in this has-been are Brits. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013

There are a number of different disorders that would explain excessive tattooing. However, OCD would probably not be one of them; OCD people have obsessions with order, symmetry, purity, hypochondria, etc.; and hodgepodge tattooing basically runs counter to those ideals.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2013

ANYONE WHO DOES SOMETHING I DON'T DO IS MENTALLY ILL AND THE VICTIM OF ABUSE!!!!!!! I AM PERFECT AND A MODEL FOR ALL!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2013

"Those tattoos are going to look like shit by 50. "

They look like shit now.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2013

Wrong, r19. We were delighted when he left Europe and it became clear he wasn't going to come back to England to play. You Americans fell for him and made a big hoo haa about him going to the US. Europe just laughed.

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

David Beckham was never anything here, r23. If Europe is laughing, as usual the joke is on you. He couldn't make it here no matter how hard you tried to shove him down our throats, so he ran home where his lame tattoos and queeny voice are apparently a big deal. Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

[quote]Things aren't going very well for him in China. The news on NPR said he was supposed to make a spectacular kick while wearing a special suit made in China and he fell on his ass. As a result, he's the laughing stock of the whole nation.

Why doesn't he just retire? He hasn't been a good soccer player in years, so why don't him and his famewhore wife just go back to England?

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

[quote]You Americans fell for him and made a big hoo haa about him going to the US.

What the fuck are you talking about? We've never given a shit about him or his wife. Soccer isn't even a big deal in America. When him and his wife first came over here in 2007, they had a reality show that was cancelled after a few episodes because nobody gave a shit.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

Such BS, R4.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

Soccer is bigger in the US than you think.

But the US is definitely over Beckham.

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

"Hee Hee, tell him it says "Life and death are determined by fate, rank and riches decreed by Heaven" but really write something like, "My wife is a skank and this tattoo makes me look like an asshole""

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

[quote]I like him a lot, partly because of a sort of innocence about him

Is "innocence" the politically correct word for "just plain stupid"?

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2013

Chinese character tattoos don't look dated already at all.

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2013

Soccer is big for small children and their SUV-driving frau mommies r28. It is not a big spectator sport in the U.S., and it won't be in the near future any more than lacrosse, rugby or any other such marginal sports. The Beckhams were accordingly Hollywood hangers on here. They are stars in Europe and Asia, so let's hope they just stay they.

by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2013

It was Tom Cruise who got the Beckhams to move to Hollywood and even helped pick out their house near his. Prior to that, Tammy had been stalking Beckham at soccer games all around Europe. While David was barely noticed in the U.S., Posh got some slight attention simply because she was so annoying.

When they left the U.S., a few people cheered but the rest still didn't know they had ever been here.

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2013

This guy is a big load of nothing. He's not even attractive. He looks plastic, and greasy as hell. Enough already! He and his ugly wife came to America and were getting no PR. That didn't stop the British tabs reporting his big career in the US at the time. lol Typical. It wasn't until he shacked up with Tom and Scientology that they got in the papers.

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2013

Soccer is growing, R32. Deny it all you want.

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2013

Amercans seem to "grow out" of playing soccer. It looks weird to me when I see adults playing the game on TV.

by Anonymousreply 3603/26/2013

Poor Beckham...no respect from a bunch of vintage queens!

by Anonymousreply 3703/26/2013

Ugh, David Beckham is a walking billboard. He seriously has psychological problems. No wonder his wife never smiles.

by Anonymousreply 3803/26/2013

[quote]Poor Beckham...no respect from a bunch of vintage queens!

I happen to be 38, and feel the same way about ugly tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 3903/26/2013

Yeah, I always found it odd that soccer is big among kids -- hence Youth Soccer and the term "soccer mom" -- and while high schools and colleges have leagues/teams, most boys have moved on to football/baseball/basketball/hockey. Those four sports arr the most popular sport respectively depending on which region you're in. For example, football is huge in Texas, baseball in New England, basketball in Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 4003/26/2013

I've always wondered if Chinese people get random English words tattooed on them?

by Anonymousreply 4103/26/2013

[quote]Why doesn't he just retire?

Because kicking a ball has defined his entire life, given him everything, and he can't let go. All the time he can keep up, he'll turn out.

He's probably the type to fear the big gaps retirement will bring, plus the lack of camaraderie, etcetera.

In a way this comes back to the 'innocence' I ascribed to him upthread. I think he's limited but very decent, and knows his limitations.

Possibly these make his second act unwelcome, so he'll try to keep it at bay. Charity work and being an icon can't give him the buzz of playing.

by Anonymousreply 4203/26/2013

I've never gotten his appeal. There are tons of athletes, even regular guys, who look better than he does.

by Anonymousreply 4303/26/2013

I feel the same as R17/42.

I've met him and he really is a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 4403/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.