Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can someone please explain Jennifer Aniston's success?

Why?

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

Is she a success? I mean she was in a successful ensemble sitcom 15 years ago, made a few moderately successful movies after that but what has she done since 2005 that could be deemed a success, except for Marley & Me?

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

I don't understand how much longer she can keep doing these stupid rom-coms. She's like 43 and getting a bit long in the tooth. All her movies seem the same. Why doesn't she challenge herself and try something different, like in "The Good Girl", which was the only movie of her's that's somewhat OK?

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

She's good as part of an ensemble cast but she really can't carry a film on her own. Her last hit was "Horrible Bosses" in 2011, but again, that was an ensemble.

I thought "Friends With Money" (2006) was a good film.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

House Frau comfort food. Same with Reese.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

She does well. She was funny in Horrible Bosses, Along Came Polly, Bruce Almighty, etc. She is a solid comedy actress. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

A deal's a deal.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

Even Horrible Bosses was the number 23 movie that year. Not exactly a runaway hit.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

Solid comedic/ light drama actress, likeable, not threatening, cute.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

hot loose pussay!

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

Better than Reese

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

She's richer than Croesus so she never has to work another day in her life.

I think when she reaches her 50's she might come back to star in a TV series, as TV tends to be kinder to women 'of a certain age' than film. She doesn't strike me as the kind that would play a co-starring role so the series would revolve around her. Maybe something like a 50-something baby boomer's version of Mary Tyler Moore.

Middle America loves her and there's a touch of 'everywoman' about her looks. She's not a classic beauty but she can rock that Hollywood boho classic look really well.

Something tells me that she's one of those celebs that's in it for the long haul and she'll always be hovering around the pop culture scene on some level. ("People Magazine's sexiest 50-something!")

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

I would so love to see her ditch the so-so romantic comedies and actually stretch herself as an actress. She has the talent, but I think she's gotten way too comfortable with being 'America's Sweetheart' and wanting to be seen as cute and sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

I don't understand it either. She lucked out getting Friends. I've tried to watch a few movies of hers but she is a terrible actress. There is nothing solid about her at all. Horrible Bosses had a decent premise but ended up being just cringeworthy and her role was not even funny just sort of crude like a bad Buddy Hackett joke.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

She is a spokesmodel for all of the ugly girls with good hair. You'd be surprised how large an audience that is. Just SJP.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

R8 and r11 nailed it. She may be hell on wheels, but she comes across as someone you can have a margarita and a few laughs with. She's not too beautiful or too aloof.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

Just ASK SJP R14

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

I'll always like her for her appearance in Office Space, the greatest comedy ever.

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

I think her new husband is a closet case and that is just a strong vibe I get from him. He is a major hottie btw. Maybe she might be in the closet too?

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.