Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Manipulating people

How does it feel? I personally never had the skill to do so, but what do you do to manipulate people?

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 1203/27/2013

I smile and act polite so that they give me a positive response. I also acknowledge acts of kindness to encourage similar behaviour.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 103/25/2013

Shouldn't you be asking Brandon this?

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 203/26/2013

I pretend to believe you really did have that high SAT score you told me you had.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 303/26/2013

I've got a life tip for you OP: Simply treat others the way you want to be treated. No one is going to be a fool forever. Most people will catch on to being manipulated and pull away. Never underestimate someone's intelligence.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 403/26/2013

[quote]I've got a life tip for you OP: Simply treat others the way you want to be treated

Doing it to get a desired response may seem righteous and benign, but it is still a form of manipulation.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 503/26/2013

R4 is correct.

If you are going to con or manipulate someone for a long period of time, first, you need to be organized. The lies you tell better be filed in every cross-referenced way possible in your brain and you better be able to pull something out of your ass and make it believable at a moment's notice.

You need to be smart, but charming works wonders. Being good looking helps. You will need to do a LOT of good deeds where you don't expect anything in return, except to gain the confidence of the person/persons being manipulated.

You need to be able to make people, especially men (they are easier) feel EXTREMELY special. Like only you, somehow, are able to see how unique and wonderful they are.

You need money in the bank.

You need a couple of true friends.

You need to have the ability to make people still love you even after they KNOW you are full of shit or have even hurt them.

You need a therapist and/or priest to confess your guilt to. But it won't usually resolve it.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 603/26/2013

Kind of warm and squishy

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 703/26/2013

I start a thread hoping to "out" manipulators.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 803/26/2013

Always be suspicious of flattery, especially if you think it's unwarranted or exaggerated. It's the manipulator's #1 trick. They zero in on people with low self-confidence because they make the best marks.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 903/26/2013

true

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 1003/26/2013

Flatter them. Let them know that they are your Special Friend.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 1103/27/2013

R9 you have the most beautiful...elbows...I've ever seen.

by I know this sounds like a dumb questionreply 1203/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.