Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Falwell's Liberty University & Kirk Cameron team up "to create tens of thousands of Kirk Camerons"

An evangelical university famous for its conservative ideology is partnering up with a similarly controversial activist to create a new religious film.

Liberty University, founded in 1971 by televangelist Jerry Falwell, will team with former child star-turned-Christian activist Kirk Cameron to produce the 90-minute film, slated for release later this year. Cameron said the film will answer questions about why God lets bad things happen. The partnership was announced last week during Christin television program "Praise the Lord,” which airs on the Trinity Broadcasting Network.

Liberty's Chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. said on the program that Cameron is the "example of the type of graduate that Liberty is trying to turn out" and praised Cameron for "using your profession to impact the culture, and that’s what we’re trying to do in every profession.”

“So that’s why we decided to partner with you on your newest project," Falwell Jr. went on to explain. "We’re trying to create tens of thousands of Kirk Camerons and put them out there.”

Cameron and Liberty University have both made a point of supporting conservative candidates and causes over the past several years. Liberty has hosted many Republican politicians (including Mitt Romney in 2012), while Cameron has defended Todd Akin (of "legitimate rape" fame) as a "good man" who "is defending life."

But the thought of "thousands of Kirk Camerons" might strike particular fear into the hearts of LGBT advocates familiar with the "Growing Pains" actor's track record on issues like same-sex marriage.

Cameron gained infamy in March of 2012 after he told CNN's Piers Morgan that homosexuality is "unnatural" and "ultimately destructive." Despite criticism, Cameron later defended the comments, saying to Fox News' "Fox and Friends" hosts, "I don't think anything I said surprised anybody as a Bible-believing Christian."

Mathew Staver, the school's vice president and law school dean, meanwhile has made several anti-gay statements and supported the criminalization of homosexuality in the southeast African country of Malawi. And after 9/11, Falwell Sr. said gays and lesbians, among others, were partly to blame for "help[ing] this happen."

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

I want one without a mouth that I can fuck every night before I go to bed.

(I was also going to add "without a brain," but then I realized that's already one of the standard features.)

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

So Kirk Cameron knows why God lets bad things happen? What a smug douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

Cameron has become a growing pain.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

What is up with 80s hasbeens like Kirk Cameron and Victoria Jackson becoming homophobic fundies?

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

[quote]But the thought of "thousands of Kirk Camerons" might strike particular fear into the hearts of LGBT advocates

Is this from The Onion?

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

no

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

That Cameron kid is still milking that ancient sitcom? I saw 15 minutes of that show once and thought it sucked beyond belief. Cameron couldn't even act. Now he's a religious whacko, that makes it even worse.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

Why can't a giant sink-hole just open up under Liberty University and swallow everyone there, never to be heard or seen from again?

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

We need 10,000 blow up Kirk Cameron sex dolls with a fuckable mouth and anus.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

HuffPo is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

Is this the premise for a horror movie?

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

N, R11, Drudge is far worse.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

Tens of thousands of moderately attractive white guys in sweaters with rolled up sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

Yes it is, R12, "I Know What You Pretend You Didn't Do Last Summer".

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

Who will be next? Ryan Phillippe? Shia La Boeuf now that he's falling out of favor (who was he in favor with, actually?)

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

I hope all of the idiots who were obsessed with his simian features and bad perm in the 80s feel bad about foisting this asshole on us.

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

I voted r15 for wit and wisdom

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

Kirk Cameron is handsome and has aged very well, but he's too judgemental, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013

Wouldn't an army of Joanna Kearnses be way more fun?

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2013

What happened to this kid to make him this way? My feeling is he is a closet case but something happened in his past to fuck him up big time.

Was his family all weird and uber relgious?

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2013

Wow, the trolls are out today aren't they?

Intolerance, douche @R22, goes both ways. Why should people be tolerant of religious hypocrites who wish death or imprisonment to gays?

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

The Cameron clones could minister to the heathen hoardes in Griffith Park just like the original model, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

R22/25 are you talking to yourself? From my end it looks like you are.

You just called yourself a rump ranger or maybe it's my numbering that's screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

I feel a Clone-War coming.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

The fattest group of people in the world are fundamentalist Christians (Protestants).

The second fattest group are Muslims.

Gluttony is a grave sin especially in these times of dwindling resources and disappearing food suppplies.

Stop the sinning. Eat less.

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

I hope they're all yummy bottom boys like Kirky.

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.