Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oscar sets date for 2014 and 2015

Wouldn't it be cool to win #4 in 2014 and #5 in 2015!!

by Mreply 2703/26/2013

Yes, best original song and best director!

Who the hell is this "M"? I'm M!

by Mreply 103/25/2013

new in town r1?

by Mreply 203/25/2013

How dare you, I know all about Hollywood. Harvey Weinstein is a good friend of mine and I have many celebrity fans like Glenn Close. And I sat next to Meryl Strep at the Golden Globes. Oh wait...

No, you're right. I never got the first 3 Oscars, just Razzies and Golden Globes. There can only be one M on a gay messageboard and that will be you, since everyone hates me. :(

by Mreply 303/25/2013

All I know is that I had to blow a lot of cock and smear even more vaseline on the camera to play Grace Kelly. Naomi and Meryl are "friends" but they cannot compete with my millions. Wish me luck, bitches!

by Mreply 403/25/2013

Don't count your Oscars before they're hatched, Meryl dear. I've got a juicy one coming up, I'm under-Oscared, and I'm going blind.

That trumps anything you've got going on.

by Mreply 503/25/2013

No

by Mreply 603/25/2013

Even Meryl must admit that most of her nominations were not worthy.

by Mreply 703/25/2013

Oscar is already competitive with Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Cameron Diaz, and Jennifer Lawrence wanting best actress spots. Do you think Harvey will test screen Grace of Monaco? My prediction is that no one will see that film until it opens.

by Mreply 803/25/2013

Most of M's were deserved. I would have nominated Reese for Election over Music of the Heart, but otherwise, she is pretty solid.

by Mreply 903/25/2013

Isn't M getting nominated on average twice a year a sad indictment of the actress race or does it mean there just isn't anyone as good as her?

The reason she gets in all the time is cause there isn't anything better, they wouldn't keep nominating her for nothing. And there's a shortage of good female roles overall.

The actor race seems tougher to get into a lot of the time, you rarely get anyone under 30 in that.

There are maybe some actresses similar to M in what they can do like Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton, but they choose odder non Oscar friendly projects a lot of the time. There's few male actors in this rarefied league as well.

As for this year's race, I just hope there's some new faces in it and it's not all The Usual Suspects.

by Mreply 1003/25/2013

I think the final 5 will always be a mix. It always seems predestined but then some of the movies flop or the actors don't deliver. Last year had the oldest and the youngest nominee. With Streep, she does great work and chooses great roles, but she is getting older and I think her nomination rate will slow down.

I am shocked that people are already campaigning for Oscars a year in advance. HW and DO are really competitive. Same with Nicole Kidman, she wants another Oscar like a gay guy wants a fat cock.

by Mreply 1103/25/2013

[quote]Isn't M getting nominated on average twice a year

huh?

by Mreply 1203/25/2013

I'm due for another, aren't I?

by Mreply 1303/25/2013

There are plenty of actresses over 50 who are just as good as Meryl, or at least have the potential to be. Unfortunately, these actresses don't have the box office clout that Meryl has, and they frequently get passed over by the bigger studios who only want box office hits. Quality roles for women over 50 are rarely being produced by the big studios as it is, so even Dame Meryl sometimes takes a big role in a weak script. The rest of the good actresses of a certain age end up in independent features that may never get wide distribution, or they have to produce the films themselves, or they do theatre or television.

by Mreply 1403/25/2013

No!

by Mreply 1503/25/2013

R15 was for R13. I see a big turnover happening now. Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Kristen Stewart, etc. have a lot of clout. Hollywood likes young women. Charlize is on top for her age group. Gwyneth gave up. Nicole wants a comeback, but I dunno. The plastic surgery turned off people. Maybe she can pull of Grace Kelly if it's really well done and stylized, but it could be horrible.

by Mreply 1603/25/2013

Emma Stone and ESPECIALLY Kristen Stewart, aren't getting near an Oscar. After this year, it will be a miracle if KStew is ever invited back.

by Mreply 1703/25/2013

I watched an Oscar red carpet recap and K Stew looked jacked on coke. Mess. Studios will give her a few shots though because of Twilight. Emma Stone is in the Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock category. She has potential for a lot of box office success. I do think the jury is still out on Jennifer Lawrence. People are expecting miracles from her now.

by Mreply 1803/25/2013

Grace of Monaco rough cut screened for TWC execs, but I have not heard anyone say it's a work of art. They are releasing it late in the year in "limited" release, to nab Nicole Kidman an Oscar nod.

by Mreply 1903/26/2013

Erm, every two years on average I meant to say R12. Her first nod was like 35 years ago, divide by 2.

The longest gap was the first half of the 90s but she's had loads of back to back noms which are rare and really difficult to get.

by Mreply 2003/26/2013

And word of mouth on the AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY rough cut is not only another Best Actress for M, but a Best Picture, too...

by Mreply 2103/26/2013

If August: Osage County is best picture material, it helps all of the actors involved tremendously to get nominations. The Nicole and Naomi competing princess films seem a little Lifetime drama to me. Oprah will also try to butt in with The Butler.

by Mreply 2203/26/2013

And DDL gets to pass the 3 (lead) win baton.

by Mreply 2303/26/2013

OP writes:

[bold]Oscar sets date for 2014 and 2015[/bold]

[quote]Wouldn't it be cool to win #4 in 2014 and #5 in 2015!!

Why is it that not one date, with either 2014 or 2015, was mentioned by OP?

And why is it not one of the previous responses (to mine) had asked that question of the OP?

by Mreply 2403/26/2013

Oscar set March 2014, and February 2015, as next broadcast dates.

by Mreply 2503/26/2013

How come I'm never mentioned

by Mreply 2603/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.