Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So sad ;( Lucy Meadows took her own life after being harassed by the Media for her decision to transition from a man to a woman

All Lucy Meadows ever wanted, she told her friend via emails shared with the Guardian, “was to be me“, the person she always felt she was meant to be, a woman and not the man she had been born 32 years earlier.

Meadows had undergone gender reassignment surgery, a transition to become female, which lead the school she worked at to send a letter to parents informing them to the new identity of one of their children’s teachers.

“Mr Upton has recently made a significant change in his life and will be transitioning to live as a woman. After the break, she will return to work as Miss Meadows,” wrote the head of St Mary Magdalen’s C of E school, Karen Hardman.

What was unforeseen, was that this letter would leak to the press and make national tabloid headlines.

Meadow’s life was turned upside down into a personal hell as newspapers phoned friends trying to get pictures of her. Her email correspondence suggested she had to go to work early and leave late to avoid media harassment. She would even slip out her back door early in the morning to avoid the press outside her home. She told her friend via email on New Year’s Day, “I know the press offered parents money if they could get a picture of me.”

She then contacted the Press Complaints Commission (PCC), requesting that journalists and photographers stop hanging around outside her school and home in Accrington, Lancashire.

Meadows even went as far as releasing the following statement asking for her privacy: This has been a long and difficult journey for me, and it was certainly not an easy decision to make. I’d now ask for my privacy to be respected so that I can continue with my job, which I’m committed to and which I enjoy very much.

On Tuesday, March 19, Lucy Meadows was found dead in her Accrington home. News of the primary school teacher’s death has sparked widespread anger and calls for a Daily Mail columnist who belittled the teacher in a December article, to be immediately fired. (Read more below)

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

This is horribly sad, why can't people mind their own miserable lives and let people live the lives however they want to. RIP

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

Trannies have no place on The Land. Only womyn born womyn will trod our consecrated space.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

R4 Haters are just jealous they cant play dress up

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

Define fucked up? Many people consider gays fucked up lol. You are only fucked up because of what society tells you, you should be

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

I have a transgendered friend, and they are very misunderstood. This is very sad.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

Some of them refuse to get surgery, R1. If women are going to Michfest to get away from men, having transexuals with dicks walking about sort of defeats the purpose.

I swear, this is what a male to female "lesbian" posted on Autostraddle not long ago:

"My penis is 100% woman!".

That being said, this story is very sad.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

I can never understand what transgendered people go through as a gay man, but either way they have the highest suicide and depression rates for our community. Lets be a little more responsible about what we write in these forums. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

I don't get the whole "trannies who MUST attend Michfest" thing. Michfest is basically a private party thrown by women-born-women, intended for other women-born-women. So, if that doesn't include me, [italic]SO FUCKING WHAT[/italic]?! The fact is, it's the Michfest organizers' party - they get to invite whomever the hell they want to it. If my self-acceptance were to hinge so much upon being accepted by a group of people who simply don't choose to include me on their guest list, then it would seem pretty clear to me that I have other serious issues outside of my gender identity.

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

Trans are becoming the new gay.

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2013

And yet who was at the frontline at Stonewall, hurling their pumps at the riot police...

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2013

Exactly, I got their back! Dont mess with them

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2013

Not in a million yrs r12

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2013

"Best thing for her, really. Her therapy was going nowhere."

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

Sadly a lot of transgender men and women think all of their problems are gone when the procedure is completed and then really break down in a 'now I did it and yet I am still not happy???? Fuck, what is wrong with me??' kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

Sad story, and the Daily Mail writer was a dick for going after her in the media, but I can't say I disagree with his opinion that she should have changed schools post-transition.

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

good post r11 and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2013

This is stupid, trans-gender is a psychological problem.

It's nothing to do with homosexuality.

Look at it like this. Being gay means accepting WHAT you are. Not changing to straight.

But transgenders want to CHANGE not accept what they are.

If a black guy spent millions in surgery lightening skin and straightening his hair, you'd call him an Uncle Tom and much worse.

You'd say "there's no shame in being black"

So why do you encourage TG to be something the will never be.

Unless there is some chromosome issue or intersex organs, they will always be the sex they are born with

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2013

So not wanting transwomen at MichFest is the equivalent of wanting them to kill themselves? That's just ridiculous hyperbole. The whole guilt-tripping/shaming people into doing whatever you want thing smacks of bullying in its own way. It's sad that the public pressure was too much for this person to take and I hope she rests in peace.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2013

ITA r21

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

EXACTLY r22, those trans trying to force their way to Michfest are nothing but bullies.

It's a festival created by women for women, not trans or men. They need to GTFO and stop harassing women.

Those trans are so angry they can't attend Michfest they get violent, cut water pipes, attack people physically and shit, wtf?

They're sociopaths.

I don't give a fuck about those fucking trannies anymore, they're just demented.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!