Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CBS Sports: Active NFL player considering whether to come out

While I've long believed I would not see an openly gay NFL player for decades, that might be wrong.

Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I'm told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months -- and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

I'm told this player feels the time is now for someone to take this step -- despite homophobic remarks from San Francisco 49ers defensive back Chris Culliver and the controversy arising recently at the Indianapolis Scouting combine, when prospects were asked questions about their sexuality.

This player's true concern, I'm told, is not the reaction inside an NFL locker room but outside of it. The player fears he will suffer serious harm from homophobic fans, and that is the only thing preventing him from coming out. My sources will not say who this alleged player is.

There has never been an active openly gay player in a major American team sport, but the information I've gathered on the player in question comes from several current and former players.

by Anonymousreply 14409/15/2014

Sports...so gay-supportive.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

This is all bullshit. There is no gay NFL player about to come out. The bigoted owners will not let this happen.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

Please let it be someone hot, and not some fat, ugly defensive lineman. And please let it be a quarterback or star running back, and not some no-name kicker.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

Don't be lookin' at me. I date wimmen.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

I hope it's AP!

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

Congratulations, Tank Carder! Welcome to your new life as an openly gay man!

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

Brendon Ayanbadejo

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

AP is married I believe. I know that may not matter as far as a person being gay or straight. However the NFL player that comes out will be single.

I have heard speculation on Tebow and Aaron Rodgers in Greenbay. Rodgers brings his trainer /roommate to all these award shows.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

It's Brett Favre. He has a party fetish. They told him, "No more retirement parties" so he he's aiming for a Coming Out party. He said it will be worth sucking a few dicks if it gets him a Coming Out party.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

If you read any ONTD, it could well be Mark Sanchez or Scotty McKnight, who have been rumoured to take turns with little Hayden as their beard.

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

No way is it Tebow. If he is gay, I doubt he's admitted it to himself much less considered telling the world.

I agree the NFL powers that be will discourage any active player from coming out any time soon. And I agree that the reaction from fans will be far more hateful and homophobic than from teammates or other NFL players.

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

R9 Did you misunderstand the word "active"?

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2013

Brendon Ayanbadejos is a gorgeous man. He would be my pick. He's a bit more invested in gay rights than your average straight man.

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2013

R13 nails it!

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2013

He was on MTP (or was it Face The Nation?) this weekend sounding all kinds of brain-injury free. Made some excellent points; panel had a hard time arguing with him.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2013

Basically the case for Rodgers being a homosexual starts and ends with these two quotes: Darla Rodgers, his mother told KRCRTV.com: “He’s not dating anyone, nothing online is true. Early in his career I would call him and say what’s this, you haven’t told me. Who is she? You can’t let mom be the last to know, he said don’t believe any of that, it’s not true, it never is. I asked him not to let momma be the last to know.”

His father Ed Rodgers chimed in, “Well he’s not dating anyone, those things online, 99.9% are not true.”

Remember the context though, they were answering rumors about Rodgers being linked to the three women I mentioned before and Lady Antebellum singer Hillary Scott and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Julie Henderson.

Then there’s these comments from Rodgers in Sporting News (this is the second gunman on the grassy knoll for the Rodgers is gay camp):

SN: “Do you live with anybody?

RODGERS: “I’ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer, but he was interning when I met him and we just hit it off. He’s been great for me as far as great conversations outside of football. Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do.”

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

From Ayanbadejo's wikipedia page:

Ayanbedejo is married, has a daughter, Anaya Lee Ayanbadejo, born in August 2006 and a son, Amadeus Prime Ayanbadejo, born in April 2011.

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

R17 Those names alone would disqualify him from being gay.

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

Tom Brady wants to come out?

Hey Giselle, you know about this?

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2013

Brendon isn't gay, just a cool pro-gay straight guy.

Besides, no married guy would vountarily come out. Limit the guessing to single guys.

And I don't think a guy who very recently dated (or "dated") a famous chick would be coming out, either.

by Anonymousreply 2003/25/2013

Oladele Brendon Ayanbadejo. Ayanbadejo was born in Chicago to a Nigerian father and an American mother. He has one older brother, Obafemi Ayanbadejo, also a professional football player. Shortly after his birth the family moved to Nigeria, but after his parents separated he returned to the United States with his mother.

by Anonymousreply 2103/25/2013

Brendon Ayanbadejo is such an awesome guy. I don't think he's gay, just a fucking winner of a human being.

by Anonymousreply 2203/25/2013

Wikipedia says Rodgers is engaged

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

Any guesses as to who the guy described in this article is? Or who the other player he dated is?

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

Chris Kluwe?

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

Kluwe and his wife Isabel had their first daughter in July 2008, and their second in 2010.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

Mark Sanchez?

Then shrimpy Eva Longwhoria was a beard?

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

There is no way professional sports can continue to maintain its 100% straight image. Within a few years - owners be damned - the floodgates will open.

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

Why blame the owners?

Homophobia in sports starts in middle school!

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2013

Pure political correctness bullshit. They say one thing in public at press conferences and something completely different behind closed doors where the hire or fire decisions are made.

All these team owners, players, and coaches care for are successful results, endorsement deals, sponsors, stadium ticket sales, and wins. Dealing with fags is an annoying intrusion that totally kills their hetero macho buzz.

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2013

R19 - better luck next guess.

I don't think it will be a big name player, but there has to be a first sometime. I hope he had the courage to come out. I'll support him.

by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2013

Please, let it be Tim Tebow!

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2013

I don't think Sanchez is gay but even if he is he wouldn't be coming out. Guys who date female stars and maintain a "ladies man" image would not even be considering coming out.

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2013

It's either Payton or Eli Manning.

by Anonymousreply 3603/26/2013

[quote]No way is it Tebow. If he is gay, I doubt he's admitted it to himself

That's probably true. He was homeschooled from K thru 12 by Fundie parents. It will take decades to recover from that.

by Anonymousreply 3703/26/2013

It won't be either of the Mannings. They're both married, and this player most likely is single or in a relationship with another man. It's not likely to be anyone who's married or otherwise putting up a hetero facade.

by Anonymousreply 3903/26/2013

Here's Aaron Johnson's 'roommate's twitter page. The profile pic says it all. His follows aren't too bad but Justine Timberlake is a bit of a giveaway.

We have a winner. I hope it's them. You're fabulous boys!

by Anonymousreply 4003/26/2013

er uh Aaron RODGERS. I'm 79 years old and had all those head injuries. Gimme a break, queens.

by Anonymousreply 4103/26/2013

Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 4203/26/2013

I think the player should come out, it's not as though shoe salesmen get paid that little. They have commissions and do quite well. Al Bundy raised his family as a shoe salesman.

by Anonymousreply 4303/26/2013

r42, which fag is the fag?

by Anonymousreply 4403/26/2013

Upon your death, please donate your brain for the study of repeat trauma, Bart.

It would be great if Aaron Rodgers came out. But my sense is that he doesn't have the fortitude to deal with the scrutiny of being the first out NFL player.

That 60 Minutes piece from several months ago showed how pissy he gets when fans meet him and comment on how he's a smaller guy in real life than he seems on TV. Then he was upset that 60 Minutes showed that in their story.

I don't think a guy that lets comments like that get to him is one who wants to open himself up to questions about his dating life.

by Anonymousreply 4503/26/2013

this not at all gay tweet from the male roommate seals the deal:

Kevin Lanflisi ‏@KevinLanflisi 21 Dec

Shout Out to @BrandoNovack for being a 10 year cancer survivor, a stud and my latest J Bieb convert. We see you shining bro. Hide conversation

Reply Retweet Favorite More

by Anonymousreply 4703/26/2013

Late in the night, a well-known actor – Rodgers won’t out him, only saying he’s played a superhero on the big screen – arrives at his table. And just like Miss Instagram, while playing up to the football hero, he ignores everyone else. That includes Rodgers’ older brother, Luke; his lifelong friend Ryan Zachary, who sports a Zach Galifianakis beard and answers to the nickname Papa; and his personal assistant, Kevin Lanflisi. Rodgers is not impressed with the actor’s act.

“I kind of judge how those people are based on how they are to people like Kevin,” Rodgers explains. “Kevin, he’s not a famous person. I want to see if they give Kevin the time of day, or if they big-time him."

by Anonymousreply 4803/26/2013

Well, his roommate certainly seems gay...

by Anonymousreply 4903/26/2013

What about that guy who had some rumor out that his gf was dead and it turned out he didn't have a gf. Some big stink over it and some say it was because he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 5003/26/2013

That's cool that he named his son Amadeus.

by Anonymousreply 5103/26/2013

R50

ACTIVE NFL player.

Reading comprehension, honey. Manti has not played an NFL down.

by Anonymousreply 5203/26/2013

Whatever R52 I don't follow active, inactive nor care to know what it means.

by Anonymousreply 5303/26/2013

Chances are, if true, it's some no name player like the 4th string place kicker for the Bengals or something like that. If it's someone bigger their agent will get to them before the coming out.

by Anonymousreply 5403/26/2013

It's going to be a kicker. I just know it.

by Anonymousreply 5503/26/2013

Well, we know he will not be black. They will continue with their "exclusive" DL Parties, which are fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 5603/26/2013

r56, please share. That's always been my thought with black athletes, hip hop stars...the closet sucks.

But, I think DL parties like that exist.

Fame is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 5703/26/2013

Hopefully it is a beautiful quarterback!

by Anonymousreply 5803/26/2013

So, Aaron Paul might be a gay lover?

by Anonymousreply 5903/26/2013

I don't think this would be him, but it's pretty well known around New Orleans that Saints wide receiver Lance Moore is gay.

Do a Google Image search on him and you'll have no doubt...

by Anonymousreply 6003/26/2013

I'm confused, between the whole Aaron Rodgers/Kevin Lanflisi thing -- and the popping of a picture of a skinny gay guy with TV's Aaron Paul, two-time Emmy winner for Breaking Bad.

can someone please explain?

by Anonymousreply 6103/26/2013

"'I kind of judge how those people are based on how they are to people like Kevin,' Rodgers explains. 'Kevin, he's not a famous person. I want to see if they give Kevin the time of day, or if they big-time him.'"

Oh, please! This is the same guy who was caught refusing an autograph to a disabled, wheelchair-bound fan in an airport! The bastard just strolled right past her!

by Anonymousreply 6203/26/2013

R60, that Lance Moore is one hot man!

by Anonymousreply 6303/26/2013

I fully support his coming out, whoever he may be and wish him all the best!

by Anonymousreply 6403/26/2013

Lance Moore is hot as hell

by Anonymousreply 6503/26/2013

A linebacker? I'd be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 6603/28/2013

I WISH it was Aaron Rodgers, but I don't think so. I've been madly in lust with him since the first time I laid eyes on him.

by Anonymousreply 6703/28/2013

Reports suggest NFL is preparing for a major ‘coming out’ announcement

Outed former NFL player Kwame Harris says he wished he would have come out while he was still playing

The head of the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) said that the league’s union has been working hard to prepare players for the “unavoidable announcement” that an NFL player will soon come out as gay.

Domonique Foxworth, President of the NFLPA, told a Baltimore radio station this week that his organization has had “quite a few meetings with a number of organizations” to help educate and prepare players.

“It’s important that we educate our guys and be ready for this inevitability,” he told WNST Radio.

Foxworth’s revelation coincides with a report by CBS Sports columnist Mike Freeman on Tuesday who wrote that, according to sources, a current NFL player is close to publicly revealing that he is gay:

"Based on interviews over the past several weeks with current and former players, I’m told that a current gay NFL player is strongly considering coming out publicly within the next few months — and after doing so, the player would attempt to continue his career.

"I’m told this player feels the time is now for someone to take this step — despite homophobic remarks from San Francisco 49ers defensive back Chris Culliver and the controversy arising recently at the Indianapolis Scouting combine, when prospects were asked questions about their sexuality."

Freeman wrote that, according to sources, the player’s true concern is not the reaction inside an NFL locker room, but outside of it.

“The player fears he will suffer serious harm from homophobic fans, and that is the only thing preventing him from coming out,” according to Freeman, who notes that he does not yet know who the player is.

“When the public finds out about it, it’s going to be a media storm and it’s going to be a lot of press and a lot of attention, and probably not all of it’s gonna be positive,” Foxworth said. “But the NFLPA, as long as I’m president of it, is going to be behind that player and providing support.”

There has never been an active openly gay player in a major American team sport, but Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita said he thinks “the players of the NFL have been ready for an openly gay player for quite some time now.”

Fujita, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo, and Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, are among a growing coalition of straight allies in the professional sports arena who have taken a public stand in supporting LGBT rights and marriage equality, and who have said the time is right for openly gay professional athlete.

But Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons had a different take, and questions whether the motive is to end the secrecy, or perhaps a publicity stunt.

“I’m not against anyone but I think it’s a selfish act. They just trying to make themselves bigger than the team,” Clemons said.

Former San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Kwame Harris, who was publicly outed days before the Super Bowl in January following an altercation with a former boyfriend, said in an interview with CNN on Friday that he wished he would have come out while he was still playing.

“The cost was great (to) not speak candidly (and be) open about myself in complete manner,” said Harris. “If I could have done it differently, I would have hoped I found the strength (to come out).”

“I want people, whether gay athletes, athletes still in the closet, or youths who are not sure what their sexuality is to know those are common feelings,” he said. “Don’t feel alone in having them.”

by Anonymousreply 6803/29/2013

[quote] Outed former NFL player Kwame Harris says he wished he would have come out while he was still playing

Oh, dear. And this was written by a professional?

by Anonymousreply 6903/29/2013

Please oh please Eric Decker...

by Anonymousreply 7003/29/2013

"Oh, dear. And this was written by a professional?"

You sound really obnoxious. Get a life. Grammar queens are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 7103/29/2013

The editor of a Christian magazine has weighed into the debate over there being no openly gay US professional athletes, said that being gay is “clearly a sin”, and that gay NFL players should not come out.

Jennifer LeClaire, news editor of "Charisma" magazine, a publication for pentecostal Christians, sent an email bulletin with the suggestion that gay athletes should not come out.

LeClaire wrote that gay NFL players should stay in the closet, as by coming out they would be “shining a positive light” on the “sin” of homosexuality.

“Professional sports should stay out of step. If it’s not supposed to matter whether or not an NFL player is gay, then why do we need to know about his sexual orientation? The gay agenda wants us to know because it wants to shape and mold the minds of the next generation. It’s much the same as the gay superhero drama. Shining a positive spotlight on gay role models in any industry serves to validate homosexuality, which is clearly a sin.”

She continued to say that the “radical gay agenda” was pushing a PR campaign to “recruit kids”, and questioned how Christians should respond.

“When I was a kid, watching football on Sunday afternoons was a family tradition for many on my block. But as the gay agenda makes its public relations push from all sides, expect to see more gay professional athletes coming out of the closet in 2013, especially if the US Supreme Court validates gay marriage at a federal level before football season begins.

“In an age of openly gay clergy preaching the gospel, it wouldn’t be nearly as shocking to see a muscle-bound NFL pro doing a wacky dance after scoring a touchdown. But you can bet whoever comes out first will be the poster child for the radical gay agenda’s campaigns as they seek to make all things LGBT mainstream in a nation under God that’s divided on gay marriage,” she continued.

“Where will the gay agenda go next to recruit kids who are confused about their sexual identity? How should the church respond to youth who need to know who they are in Christ so they can avoid the eternal consequences of homosexual sin?”.

by Anonymousreply 7203/29/2013

In high school, it was rumored that at least half of our football team had sex with other male students. I definitely believe that some of those football players - and other gay or bi players from other schools - worked their way up to the NFL. It's 2013 - time for them to come out!

by Anonymousreply 7303/29/2013

Rugby star Ben Cohen said that he believes the continuous media debate surrounding the absence of an openly gay professional footballer in the UK can amount to a “witch hunt”.

“I think there is a bit of a witch hunt to find a professional footballer,” he said. ”There’s already a gay cricketer, a gay rugby player and that was fine but its a gay footballer that people want, someone in the premier league. People will question whether they are high profile enough.”

The former England rugby union international gave a speech at ParliOut, the Houses of Parliament’s gay staff network, earlier this week.

He said more needed to be done to combat homophobia in sport.

At the event Minister for Sport, Hugh Robertson, admitted he was “slightly appalled” by the fact that so few sports people feel able to come out whilst still competing.

Since retiring from professional rugby in 2011, Cohen has dedicated much of his time to tackling the problem of homophobic bullying and has since become a much-admired high profile straight ally of the LGBT community.

by Anonymousreply 7403/30/2013

He's currently a free agent, but could Kerry Rhodes be one?

by Anonymousreply 7504/11/2013

Tim Tebow would have a big impact if he came out.

by Anonymousreply 7604/12/2013

Don't know if he's planning to come out soon, but handsome Aaron Rodgers is hiding in plain sight in the glass closet.

by Anonymousreply 7704/12/2013

April 7, 2018 - Does anyone remember when DL had a thread that claimed an NFL player would come out? We're still waiting. Maybe this will be the year.

by Anonymousreply 7804/12/2013

Lance Moore and his date, Mom.

by Anonymousreply 7904/12/2013

I always thought Kerry Rhodes was one of the children

by Anonymousreply 8004/13/2013

Lance Moore is so hot. And if he's taking mom to events...he's already half out of the closet!

by Anonymousreply 8104/13/2013

Good god, those people on the Aaron Rodgers page are dedicated, aren't they?

And I thought the J's fans were obsessive!!!!

Discussing every minutiae of his dating life?

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 8204/13/2013

Not yet an NFL player, but hopefully soon. And he's already out!

Maybe that's the way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 8304/23/2013

They decided to wait until after Larry Flynt outs those five closeted Republicans in Congress. I think it was three years ago that he said it would happen right after the election.

by Anonymousreply 8404/23/2013

I hope this gay Kicker gets chance to try for a team.

NY Daily News said that the Jets may give him a chance as they are looking for a kicker.

Tebow could be his spiritual mentor!

by Anonymousreply 8504/24/2013

What about Braylon Edwards? He's "friends" with Kerry Rhodes

by Anonymousreply 8605/11/2013

By this time the player has gone back in his closet.

by Anonymousreply 8705/11/2013

This will be years from now.

by Anonymousreply 8805/14/2013

Braylon, too? Seems so.

by Anonymousreply 8907/27/2013

So...looks like this isn't going to happen?

I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers is gay and that Kevin guy, is his partner, but I agree with the poster who said that he doesn't have the thick skin to come out. That's too bad. He's great at football, but not a very courageous guy.

by Anonymousreply 9008/26/2013

It will probably come from left field. WHo say Darren Young coming before it happened?

by Anonymousreply 9108/26/2013

Maybe you're right. I suspected it would happen during the off-season so the media-hub-bub would die down. But, maybe it'll happen at any time. But, I would bet it won't happen for a few years. I could be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 9208/26/2013

Too bad this never happened :(

Also, does anyone know if Aaron Rodgers and his "assistant" still live together?

by Anonymousreply 9310/18/2013

Is this Aaron's roommate?

by Anonymousreply 9410/19/2013

Yes, it is, R94. He has also removed all of his pictures on twitter. I wonder why? One tweet about "taking Halloween costumes off after Halloween" is interesting. That's directed at Aaron Rodgers.

Why hasn't Kerry Rhodes been picked up yet? He's very talented.

by Anonymousreply 9510/27/2013

Thanks, r95. The "roommate" is very cute although his spoken word poetry kinda sucks

by Anonymousreply 9710/27/2013

b

by Anonymousreply 9810/27/2013

The roommate looks like a catch. They probably look quite hot together

by Anonymousreply 9910/27/2013

Kerry wanted more money than what the teams offered

by Anonymousreply 10010/27/2013

The roommate tweeted something about how silence has an expiration date

by Anonymousreply 10110/27/2013

I'm surprised Della hasn't commented on this thread. She's in WI. Maybe she's heard some rumors?

by Anonymousreply 10210/28/2013

Yes, r101, he did. But he also tweeted, "On nights like tonight, I'm certain the girl of my dreams is somewhere in a poetry lounge.. Wondering if I'm out there."

Oh, I have no doubt that he's Aaron's partner. But Aaron Rodgers is never, ever coming out. Did you watch Green Bay's ass kicking of the Vikings last night? If so, perhaps you too saw Rodgers' evil, closeted overlord, Ted Thompson, his dead eyes fixed on his equally craven protege. Brett Favre may be old, but that ain't the only reason he was pushed out of that organization. Thompson can control Rodgers in a way he could never control Favre-- because of the one thing they have in common.

by Anonymousreply 10310/28/2013

Hi,r102.

No, I haven't heard any rumors about Rodgers so I made one up about Ryan Braun being his lover. Now, they're not even friends anymore because of Braun's PEDs scandal.

The local news briefly showed Rodger's girfriend. I was hoping his taste would be a bit more exotic, but she looked like what you would expect the sister of a "The Bachelorette" to look like: blonde, bland, conventional.

Otoh, Ted Thompson (nickname: The Ghost) the General Manager of the Packers IS rumored to be gay. Thompson is probably the most important, respected and accomplished GM in the NFL. I know I'm a biased Packers fan, but that is a tru statement.

Regarding who is gay among NFL players, Sean Jones, a former Packer and Superbowl Champion has a Thursday call-in segment on WDUZ sports radio out of Green Bay.

He said that of course there are gay players in the NFL, everybody knoes who they, and most don't care- it's what you do on the field that counts. Iirc, he did say that it would be more of an issue with fans.

by Anonymousreply 10410/28/2013

"Otoh, Ted Thompson (nickname: The Ghost) the General Manager of the Packers IS rumored to be gay."

Are you actually saying that Aaron Rodgers *isn't* "rumored to be gay," r104? I think you need to google "Aaron Rodgers gay" or simply ask any fellow Wisconsinite. As for the "girlfriend" thing, take a look at Tom Brady and his women, Jay Cutler and his women, hell almost any other quarterback and his women. There's obviously something "off" about Rodgers and his dealings with the female sex, and it's not because he's "Christian" (GMAB!).

Why is it so important to you that Aaron Rodgers not be gay?

by Anonymousreply 10510/28/2013

Feel the heat between Aaron and Destiny!

by Anonymousreply 10610/28/2013

r105, where, in my post at r104 do I come across as it being "important" to me that Rodgers not be gay?

Hell, I wish he were. It would add interest to a man who, off the field, has all the charisma of drying paint.

r102 asked me if I heard rumors of Rodgers being gay- I answered truthfully- no, I didn't. I'll leave the perusal of "Aaron Rodgers gay" Google inquiries to you and others who enjoy them.

As for Brett Favre, I argued even before he shit the bed at Lambeau against the Giants that he should be traded.

I was correct then and I'm correct now.

The Packers needed to move on from Favre; a position that has been vindicated with Rodgers now being the most highly paid player in the NFL and worth every penny.

by Anonymousreply 10710/28/2013

"As for Brett Favre, I argued even before he shit the bed at Lambeau against the Giants that he should be traded. I was correct then and I'm correct now."

Really? Because statistically, Brett Favre had his best season ever AFTER he left the Packers, and just last week the Rams asked him to make a comeback.

And no, I don't believe that you "wish" Aaron Rodgers was gay. If you did, you'd notice little things like, oh, living with another man for six years and a mom who says stuff like, "Aaron's just too busy to have a girlfriend."

by Anonymousreply 10810/28/2013

What ails you,r108?

Just because I haven't heard rumors that Rodgers is gay doesn't mean that he isn't. And your unsupported assertion that it's "Important" to me that Rodgers is not gay is ridiculous and any fair reading of my previous posts demonstrates that.

Here, I'll fix it for you by writing what I should have at my post at r107-

Hell, I HOPE he's gay. It would add interest to a man who, off the field, has all the charisma of drying paint.

Satisfied now? Sheesh

by Anonymousreply 10910/28/2013

Ted Thompson is kind of attractive in a John Slattery/silver fox kind of way

by Anonymousreply 11010/28/2013

Agreed, r110.

Personality-wise, Ted Thompson he is extremely aloof. He avoids interacting with fans even if he has to be rude.

A close relative of mine is a well-informed, knowledgable Packers & NFL fan. She was seated in 1st Class with him on a flight from MPLS.

Of course, she immediately recognized Thompson and attempted a conversation. He was having none of it. He barely nodded as she finished her opening remark,opened his reading material and buried himself in it.

(And no, that wasn't me!)

I don't think it's right to be rude, but, on the other hand, Green Bay fans, probably because the team is community owned, will corner you. It's best to nip that in the bud and Thompson does so, if not in words, in manner.

I know somebody who knows people who work in Packers administration and he says it's tacitly acknowledged (whatever that means)that Thompson is gay.

by Anonymousreply 11110/29/2013

I hate when people bug me and try to start conversations on planes, can't really blame him lol. But I guess part of being famous is learning that you have to deal with fans as part of you life.

by Anonymousreply 11210/29/2013

Yeah, I know what you mean, r112.

I like to think that if I was in a situation where I was seated three feet away from Thompson I'd resist talking to him.

But...

by Anonymousreply 11310/29/2013

I don't recall Della coming to my aid in the Wisconsin quarterback thread. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 11410/29/2013

r114, What Wisconsin quarterback thread? I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 11510/29/2013

[quote]Thompson can control Rodgers in a way he could never control Favre-- because of the one thing they have in common.

So, they are both gay?

Make no mistake, Aaron Rodgers is gay and Kevin is his partner.

[quote]But Aaron Rodgers is never, ever coming out.

This is never a good thing but it always ends with the "never, ever" being outed.

by Anonymousreply 11610/31/2013

An NFL player who wants to come out must be brain-damaged. Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 11710/31/2013

R117 = one of the 41% who are closeted on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 11810/31/2013

Should I go on the radio and say that Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers are queers?

by Anonymousreply 11910/31/2013

You should Dexter.

Outing is really pathetic, but it happens only to the pathetic so I support it.

by Anonymousreply 12010/31/2013

Aaron couldn't do better than a HIPSTER dude?

by Anonymousreply 12110/31/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 12211/02/2013

Kevin is no longer Aaron's assistant.

by Anonymousreply 12311/04/2013

^ What happened? Break-up?

by Anonymousreply 12411/04/2013

Is it possible the player is Jonathon Martin of the Miami Dolphins? He left the team the other day and filed a complaint of harassment for the treatment he's received the past two years. Now the Dolphins have suspended Richie Incognito, who was the ringleader of the abuse.

Among the allegations are the Martin was forced to pay $15,000 so Incognito and several other players could go party in Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 12511/04/2013

They harassed him because he was gay, or assumed gay, R125?

by Anonymousreply 12611/04/2013

R125, I've been reading about that. Incognito sounds like an asshole (and "Richie Incognito" sound like a drag queen name)

by Anonymousreply 12711/04/2013

Details are sketchy, R126. The team initially tried to play it off as rookie hazing, but Martin is in his second year. No media sources have claimed he's gay. It was pure speculation on my part, but it is a very weird story regardless.

by Anonymousreply 12811/04/2013

Probably a class thing. Martin is the son of Havard educated lawyers and went to Stanford.

by Anonymousreply 12911/04/2013

They're now reporting the NFL has copies of voicemails and texts Icognito sent to Martin: lots of name-calling, including the N-word, comments about sexual orientation and women's anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 13011/04/2013

^ I only heard that he had made racist comments, not ones based on sexual orientation. However you slice it, Incognito is a huge piece of shit and a bully

by Anonymousreply 13111/04/2013

Rodgers is injured! For now, he's out of the game.

by Anonymousreply 13211/04/2013

Incognito? Is this a Chad Ochocinco(sp) thing?

by Anonymousreply 13311/05/2013

Did Kerry Rhodes turn down his contract offers because of him being outed and this would cause issues with teammates?

If Kerry Rhodes wasn't outed, would he have taken these offers and be playing right now?

by Anonymousreply 13411/05/2013

That was an absolute embarrassment last night in Green Bay. Losing to the Bears at Lambeau!

But I have to admit the cheese shredder hats are pretty funny. And shred us they did.

by Anonymousreply 13511/05/2013

Hmmm.....

by Anonymousreply 13611/05/2013

The cheese shredder hats are fantastic. How long did it take Bears fans to come up with this response to the cheese hats?

by Anonymousreply 13711/05/2013

WEHT

by Anonymousreply 13809/15/2014

Hope it's Eli Manning and not his big toe brother.

by Anonymousreply 13909/15/2014

It was a fake report.

by Anonymousreply 14009/15/2014

"It was a fake report."

Why are you assuming it was fake? It came from a legit reporter. It's possible the guy genuinely did consider coming out, but then didn't go through with it. Maybe he was cut from his team and thought "why bother" or was sidelined because of an injury or some legal issue and just had too much on his plate.

by Anonymousreply 14109/15/2014

I like this quote from Aaron Rodgers' mom that someone posted early in the thread:

"He’s not dating anyone, nothing online is true. Early in his career I would call him and say what’s this, you haven’t told me. Who is she? You can’t let mom be the last to know, he said don’t believe any of that, it’s not true, it never is. I asked him not to let momma be the last to know"

I think momma really is the last to know....

by Anonymousreply 14209/15/2014

I think it's Aaron Juvicoklesworth the black jewish guy who kicks the ball all the tiem. He always kicks with both feet and lands on his back all the time. That's gotta be a sign.

by Anonymousreply 14309/15/2014

"Big toe", r139. Hehe. Apt.

by Anonymousreply 14409/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.