Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think the day when women and men are treated as equals will ever arrive?

We don't even get paid the same. Do you think it will ever arrive why or why not?

I think now that brain power is more valuable to physical power that there might be a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

I'm covered either way.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

If they were equal they would be treated equal

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

Some inequalities may always remain due to the physical differences that will forever exist. The gender differences sometimes mean men and women have different needs at times. The trick is in accommodating those differences while still approximating equality for all involved.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

our economy has moved from brawn to brains and social skills. The office environment is perfect for women to thrive. The backstage machinations are ideal. You can laugh at the frau who's planning the build your own sundae bar for the next meeting at your own peril.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

When women grow a pair and stop worrying about what men think and learn to first fight for themselves and the rights of women and children. Does anyone really believe that if women got angry and started protesting everything from war to unequal pay that all the men in power wouldn't get terrified?

Men can't handle female anger and neither can women. So just get angry ladies and voice it loudly and watch everyone shit their pants.

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

It will never happen until you stop leaving work at the drop of a hat to tend to little Madisyn, and stop getting knocked up and going on maternity leave year after year.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

Women may not earn as much as men but they spend and inherit more than men.

I'm not sure I believe all these studies anymore that say women earn less. Traditional male employment such as factory and construction has been dropping while women seem to have the edge in office work which is growing. Then there's the fact that women outnumber men in medical school and other areas now.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

Men will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to women. The hypocrisy of women in this day and age is outrageous. Women have made me not give a fuck anymore. They are sickening. Men need to wake up and stop putting up with these cunts.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

Probably not. Most women wouldn't be able to handle the animosity that comes from being aggressive and taking what you want. You don't think men are hated when they act like dicks? Of course they are. Most just don't give a shit. Women would rather fight fair or worse, not fight for what they deserve at all. You always get more in life when you take what you want and that's why men are in charge.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

Good points, r9. The thing is, women receive animosity anyway, but it's the kind of animosity that comes from being perceived as doormats. By not sticking up for themselves or each other, women aren't seen as "fair", they're seen as weak and ineffectual. Men, straight and gay - as well as other women - see women as easy targets, not worthy of respect. So if you're going to be hated anyway, you might as well be hated taking what you want and, just as importantly, having each other's backs. Better to be hated and respected than just hated.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

Not for a long time.

Until then, Men will still be treated like shit by both women and the Western media.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

Cry me a river about women and men being treated as equals. Legally, they are equal. Lets talk about if the day gays and straights are treated equal will ever arrive.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

Sorry but the unequal pay is a myth. The real problem is children. Women take far too much time off and that hinders the careers.

When you compare childless, unmarried women, with childless unmarried men, you find the pay scale is equal.

The problem is a father working will make more than a mother working. Again, this is due to the mother taking more time off.

Careers are really hurt by lengthy bits of time off.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

I don't think it's as simple as that, r13. For instance, I've read that part of the problem is that women are not aggressive enough and don't ask for raises or promotions at the rate that men do. But I've seen studies demonstrating that when women do ask for raises or promotions at the same rate as men in similar situations, the women are more likely to be denied and penalized. The pay imbalance is a rather complex issue.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

R8 is mentally ill. I wonder if he knows yet?

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

re: But I've seen studies demonstrating that when women do ask for raises or promotions at the same rate as men in similar situations, the women are more likely to be denied and penalized.

Exactly. Women are paid less initially, promoted less, and hated all the way to the top anyway.

When she has children she's hated for having kids like the kids are supposed to take care of themselves

When a woman doesn't want children she's hated because she's a selfish careerist.

Women are treated like shit whatever they do, they cannot win.

The problem has two legs and a disgusting dick in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!