Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Prince Harry to visit US in May – but no Las Vegas stop this time

Prince Harry to visit US in May – but no Las Vegas stop this time

Twenty-eight-year-old prince will visit east coast and Colorado in support of veterans' charities, and will play in charity Polo Cup

Associated Press; guardian.co.uk, Monday 25 March 2013 12.20 EDTt

Prince Harry is returning to the United States – but this time he's skipping Las Vegas.

The 28-year-old prince will travel to the US east coast as well as Denver and Colorado Springs, Colorado, to support veterans' charities and get in a bit of polo.

Harry, a longtime supporter of charities that rehabilitate war veterans, will attend several events at the 2013 Warrior Games, a competition in which veteran athletes from both Britain and the United States take part.

"Prince Harry wants to highlight once again the extraordinary commitment and sacrifice of our injured servicemen and women," said Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Harry's private secretary.

Harry recently spent 20 weeks in Afghanistan as co-pilot gunner on an Apache attack helicopter.

His visit, from 9 to 15 May, will include trips to Arlington national cemetery, Walter Reed national medical center and an exhibition on Capitol Hill about land mine clearance, a favorite subject of his late mother, Princess Diana. He will also visit areas in New Jersey hard hit by Hurricane Sandy.

Harry will also play in the Sentebale Polo Cup in Greenwich, Connecticut. Sentebale which means "forget-me-not" is a charity founded by Harry and Lesotho's Prince Seeiso that helps children struggling with poverty in the tiny southern African country.

On his last US visit, the third-in-line to the British throne stormed into the headlines last year when he was caught frolicking in the nude with a woman after an alleged game of strip billiards in his Las Vegas hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

He's going to fuck up again, I bet, and engage in randy antics.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

Why don't these Brits stay in their own shitty country?

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

The low IQ can be blamed on royal inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

Anyone else think it's weird to play polo to raise money for poor children?

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

Anyone can get naked anywhere. Harry, sweetie, it doesn't have to be Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

He and his trashy family can keep their asses in England. Holy fuck, are they going to terrorize us every summer from now on? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

R6. Had enough of the royals? Wait til boring Kate's baby hatches this summer. It'll be wall-to-wall coverage.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

I'm not convinced she can carry a baby to full term, but if she does...the press is definitely going to have a field day. I hope it's a girl, which will help temper some of the excitement.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

R8. I'm hoping for a girl too for the same reason you mentioned.

Princess Diana and Sarah, Duchess of York had personalities. They were engaging, fun and could carry on a conversation. They could give an interview, and people were interested in hearing what they had to say. However, the current crop of royals are bland and dull.

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

Just think what he can get up to in Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!