Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think there is a slow insidious deterioration of society's values?

If look back in history, in every era, intelligence and knowledge are viewed as good things. Now...take a look at the black eyed peas where they chant "Get Stupid!". And this is just an example. I think most kids these days don't realize the importance of knowledge until well after high school. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

Do most kids ever recognize the importance of knowledge? There will always be stratification in society but now more education does not always equal a bigger paycheck. Many kids look for easier ways to make money; that's their sole focus.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

No I do not think there is a deterioration of society's values now or in the past. I do think they change and evolve however. But I am afraid that society today does not "value" our shared (with all forms of life) planet enough to prevent a coming reckoning in terms of climate change, mass species extinctions (going on at record pace as I write this), and shortages of resources. Perhaps that is due in part to those who do not think science or knowledge in general have much value. But I doubt that. It's just part of the human condition to ignore what we do not want to see.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

The world's going to hell in a handbasket.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

R3, So I am worried about climate change and I do recycle. What can I do that doesn't cost a ton of money, besides worry about the future?

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

This country's turn toward unadulterated blasphemy frightens me!

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

I think there is. Feels like no one cares about right and wrong. From the top to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

Hold me David; I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

R8 You're beyond scared, honey. You're DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!