Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think there is a slow insidious deterioration of society's values?

If look back in history, in every era, intelligence and knowledge are viewed as good things. Now...take a look at the black eyed peas where they chant "Get Stupid!". And this is just an example. I think most kids these days don't realize the importance of knowledge until well after high school. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

Slow?

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

Do most kids ever recognize the importance of knowledge? There will always be stratification in society but now more education does not always equal a bigger paycheck. Many kids look for easier ways to make money; that's their sole focus.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

No I do not think there is a deterioration of society's values now or in the past. I do think they change and evolve however. But I am afraid that society today does not "value" our shared (with all forms of life) planet enough to prevent a coming reckoning in terms of climate change, mass species extinctions (going on at record pace as I write this), and shortages of resources. Perhaps that is due in part to those who do not think science or knowledge in general have much value. But I doubt that. It's just part of the human condition to ignore what we do not want to see.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

The world's going to hell in a handbasket.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

R3, So I am worried about climate change and I do recycle. What can I do that doesn't cost a ton of money, besides worry about the future?

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

This country's turn toward unadulterated blasphemy frightens me!

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

I think there is. Feels like no one cares about right and wrong. From the top to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

Hold me David; I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

R8 You're beyond scared, honey. You're DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.