Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chief Justice John Roberts Has A Gay Cousin

The lesbian cousin of Chief Justice John Roberts has the hottest ticket in D.C.: a seat at this week's Supreme Court hearing on California's marriage equality ban.

Jean Podrasky, the first cousin of Roberts, lives in San Francisco and tells the Los Angeles Times she hopes to marry her partner of four years. Podrasky is an avid gay rights supporter and campaigned against Prop. 8 before voters narrowly passed the constitutional amendment in November 2008.

Podrasky, along with her partner, sister, and niece will attend Tuesday's hearing on Prop. 8., sitting in seats reserved for Roberts's family (Podrasky and family members will also attend Wednesday's hearing on the Defense of Marriage Act). Podrasky obtained the tickets through Roberts's sister; Podrasky appears to be on very good terms with her cousins, who she is related to through Roberts's mother.

"[Justice Roberts] is a smart man," she told the Times. "He is a good man. I believe he sees where the tide is going. I do trust him. I absolutely trust that he will go in a good direction."

Appointed by George W. Bush in 2005, Roberts has long been seen as a conservative addition to the court. That changed last year when Roberts cast the deciding vote to uphold President Obama's landmark health care reform law.

Podrasky says she doesn't know how Roberts will vote on Prop. 8, but she believes the court as a whole will strike it down.

by Anonymousreply 4103/27/2013

My guess is that the family relationship will soon be sorely tested.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

I think Roberts could be the swing vote, in our favor.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

I think Roberts will arrange a unanimous decision to strike down DOMA. Prop 8 will be 7-2 in our favor with Scalia and MeToo dissenting.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

He's a judge, not a political stooge.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

He's been stung by gay rumors (quickie late-in-life marriage, adopted kids, etc.). He may now try to appear super-conservative.

It disgusts me that people have the right to "decide" whether a human being can get married, when any whitetrash fleabag tard can waddle down to the courts and get a license- again and again and again.

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

He was gay according the his peers in the Washington DC law firm he worked at in the 1980s- so said my sister who was told by one of them (she is an attorney as well.) The world of blue chip corporate lawyers is small.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

[quote]He's a judge, not a political stooge.

There's ample evidence that he voted to uphold Obamacare because he was concerned about his legacy as Chief Justice. It's doubtful he supported it on legal grounds. I think he might do something similar in this case.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

He'll want to come down on the right side of history and knows that marriage rights for gays WILL be available in the future. He won't want history to record him as denying civil rights to any group of citizens.

Further, if he votes against gays, you can be certain that some of his former conquests will approach the Enquirer for big bucks to tell their story.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

It's just about that time in the thread to link that old photo of him at the quiche brunch!

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

Smelling cookies.

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

If he had been out at his law firm the topic would be fair game for the media. Not a peep. Makes me skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

If Anderson Cooper had been out at his work the topic would have been fair game for the media. Makes me skeptical of his recent tale.

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2013

Anderson Cooper's sexuality was a private matter. John Roberts' sexuality is directly relevant to major cases before him.

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2013

R6 didn't say he was out at his firm.

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2013

Oh, I forgot. Anderson Cooper didn't cover any gay stories, thus he had no real interest or bias in putting them out there. Thanks for the reminder, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2013

I see a spinoff of the Patty Duke show coming...

But they're cousins.....

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

How long until Clarence Thomas suggests Roberts recuses himself on the Prop 8 case due to conflict of interest?

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

Who likes cake? Gay cake!

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

I was just thinking about that vile cunt, R17... and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2013

[quote]Who likes cake? Gay cake!

Isn't that pie? Fire Island gay pie!

by Anonymousreply 2003/25/2013

Aren't there two Me Toos on the court, R3? Thomas and Scalito.

Wouldn't it be funny if he transforms into something of a latter day Earl Warren?

by Anonymousreply 2103/25/2013

Well, it is genetic. Just what we've always said.

And, of course, the man is political.

by Anonymousreply 2203/25/2013

This is exactly why it's so important to come out, because people are more likely to re-think their views when it hits close to home and they have a family member or friend who's gay.

by Anonymousreply 2303/25/2013

Wharever Roberts ' sexuality is it will have NO bearing on his vote.

by Anonymousreply 2403/25/2013

Roberts has a gay cousin and his wife has a gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

Gay runs in the Roberts family.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

John Roberts is a big ol' closet case.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

This photo of John Roberts has a similar gay vibe as Aaron Schock's torquoise belt photo:

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

Wow, he does look super gay with that mousetache.

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

DL's own charlie says his sister was friends with Roberts during the time that photo was taken and that she says he IS gay.....

by Anonymousreply 3003/26/2013

How could anyone look at that photo and NOT think John is gay??

It is the very definition of gay!!!

by Anonymousreply 3103/26/2013

[quote]John Roberts Has A Gay Cousin

So does his cousin.

by Anonymousreply 3203/26/2013

They will strike down Prop 8 in as narrow a way possible.

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2013

I love some of you guys who think that adopting kids is proof a guy is gay, as if no gay man ever impregnated a woman!

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2013

Major gay face

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2013

I ate a whole bag of potato crisps.

Oh jeez

by Anonymousreply 3703/26/2013

Let the tide flow

Let the love grow

When the rain showers

Let the rose flower

Love it seeks and love it finds

Love its meek but oh it binds

We come to each other from different worlds

Brought to each other by Ray Romono's mother

Long as we can do it.

Life is gonna see us threw it

Let the tide flow...

by Anonymousreply 3803/26/2013

I don't see the smelling cookies face at all in that picture. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 4003/27/2013

[quote]DL's own charlie says his sister was friends with Roberts during the time that photo was taken and that she says he IS gay.....

I find this interesting because Charlie usually airs on the side of caution about guessing sexuality. At least when it comes to Tammy Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 4103/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.