Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Google Maps are kinda fun

I recently discovered how extensive google maps are.

Not only can you pretty much drop yourself off on almost any street in any major city the world, there are some places that allows interior views. You can browse a shoe shop in Tokyo, or a Gallery in Venice, etc. Then take a stroll along the ally ways in Paris.

Where do you like to go on Google maps?

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

Inside gay bathhouses.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

I googled my grandfather's address in Spain and the street view had a picture of him sitting at the cafe on the corner.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

I'm kind of fascinated by looking at North Korea on Google maps. Up until very recently there wasn't even a single road delineated on the map. But you can zoom in and see the cities, the barren countryside, and the labor camps the government claims don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

How'd you know it was him, R2? Google street view blurs out human faces.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

His wheelchair and his companions. The way he was sitting, etc. It was definitely him R4.

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

Why does Joplin Mo still have the Street View from before the Tornado?

You can see the difference when you compare it to the Satellite view of the same street (ex 20th street. )— barren and eerie. It's really eerie to see the 'before' neighborhood and it gives you a scope of the devastation.

In comparison. Fukishima and other coastal Japanese town are all up to date on their street views.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

Joplin MO

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

R2 did they tear down his place to build the cafe? Why is that showing as his address?

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

Bath England has a bunch of animal statues all over the town. I think maybe cows or sheep? I can't remember but I did an online scavenger hunt using google maps once and it had a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!