Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING Canadian Jim Carrey speaks out against the Gun Lobby & gun violence in America!

He makes his point across the only way he knows how. Through humour (Canadian spelling).

The Canadian-born comedian is in character as both Charlton Heston (hence the title) and a performer named Lonesome Earl who mocks gun owners through music.

Backed by a band of impersonators (purportedly Gandhi, John Lennon and Abraham Lincoln), Lonesome Earl sings that a typical gun enthusiast makes "banditos out of molehills."

"You're a big, big man with a little, bitty gland so you need something bigger to fill your cold, dead hand," goes another line.

See link below

by Anonymousreply 3103/27/2013

He's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

It's funny.

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

I can't think of a more worthless opinion.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

He should've done it as Fire Marshal Bill.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

access denied?

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

I like that he's passionate about this cause to stick his neck out and rile up the freepers (like r1&3 apparently.) I had no idea he cared about anything more than being rich and getting richer. The song goes on a little too long though, as far as that. But if he really did sing it, he did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

He is Canadian R6. The defunct long gun registry notwithstanding, Canada has some of the most strict gun laws in the world.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

Gee, and I wonder why Canadian murder rates are so low....?

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

I think it's great, and funny too.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

Good intentions but the song and skit are just not that funny. I watched it but didn't laugh once.

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

has been must be feeling really lonely

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

We don't want him anymore. You guys keep him.

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2013

I think good for him and loved him in "I Love You, Phillip Morris."

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2013

I loved it and it was pretty ballsy considering his fan base.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

good for him - no one else is taking this issue on, and it's a big problem

I didn't think I would laugh, but I laughed at the Sam Elliot bit

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

Wikipedia says Carrey gained US citizenship in 2004 and retained his Canandian rights for dual citizenship. He's American.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

R16 he might have dual citizenship, but he is a Canadian FIRST

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2013

Backlash is starting

Laura Ingraham “Here’s a theory I have,” Ingraham continued. “I think it’s more of a deflection deal. You know, Jim Carrey’s famous for The Mask. This is kind of a mask. It’s a mask to, perhaps, direct our attention away from the cold, dead career.”

“Not only is it not funny, it’s kind of embarrassing for Jim Carrey given the fact that he has the luxury of being protected by an armed security person when he travels,” she said.

“Horton hears a career sputtering,” Ingraham concluded.

Asked by Hannity if she thought Carrey would make fun of African-Americans or Muslim Americans the way he mocked rural white gun owners, Ann Coulter responded, “no, you’re allowed to make fun of white southerners and Christians in America.” She chalked Carrey’s video up as the latest example in the “epidemic” of “wealthy people” trying to tell the rest of country not to carry and own firearms, a clear allusion to Mayor Bloomberg‘s gun control campaign. Linking Carrey’s video to Hannity’s assertion that the government is buying up a billion rounds of ammunition, Coulter claimed, “that’s the only question with gun control: should the government and rich elites like Bloomberg, Feinstein and Jim Carrey have a monopoly on force?”

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2013

In a press release Jim Carrey said, ”I find the gun problem frustrating and ‘Cold Dead Hand’ is my fun little way of expressing that frustration.”

Carrey also took to Twitter yesterday saying, ”Gun folks are afraid that control won’t stop with large magazines. Their nervousness is far less important than the safety of our children,” ”’Cold Dead Hand’ is abt u heartless motherf%ckers unwilling 2 bend 4 the safety of our kids,”’ and much more.

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013

Good initiative. I hope it makes the freepers self-combust.

by Anonymousreply 2003/26/2013

I liked it. They got the HeeHaw vibe down pat. Gun owners ARE PUSSIES. You need a fucking sidearm to pick up your dry cleaning? A parody song makes you feel like a victim whose rights are being trampled?

by Anonymousreply 2103/26/2013

It was well-intentioned, but not very funny.

It also made me feel uncomfortable for Carrey to be mocking another actor because people don't come to see his movies anymore, given Carrey's latest bomb.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2013

On Monday evening, Greg Gutfield, co-host of Fox News Channel's The Five, called Carrey a "sad little freak" and "the most pathetic tool on the face of the earth."

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

Whatever -- Carrey still has balls for speaking out on an issue that bravely confronts America's (stupid) "right to bear arms." In Canada, our simply done, tighter gun control has given us less of these shootings and here, it's a privilege, not a right, to have a gun.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

So name -calling is what passes for "fair and balanced "news in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

Yeah, Carrey has the balls to attack a dead man.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013

At least Jim stands for something, I'm glad.

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

chris matthews doesn't let the names fly?

"The Cycle" doesn't engage in name calling?

by Anonymousreply 2803/26/2013

I wonder what his new movie is about. LOL

by Anonymousreply 2903/26/2013

Autographed photo of Jim Carrey for sale on eBay.

Seller wants to use the money to buy a gun.

by Anonymousreply 3003/27/2013

thanks for share this valuable thing

by Anonymousreply 3103/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!