Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

can't stop throwing up.

been puking like clockwork in the past few hours and I can't keep anything down. What do I do? I already called my mom for help but she didn't answer...I haven't had a screwed up stomach like this since I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 2703/25/2013

food poisoning?

what did you eat last night?

it will pass. I feel your pain. If it doesn't get better in another few hours go to a "doc in the box" clinic (or your regular doctor) and they can give you something that will help.

the only time i ever had to give myself an enema....

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

Say that again and I won't have to take my appetite depressant!

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

r1, I'm wondering if I do have food poisoning. I made meatloaf, but it was fully cooked. If I keep going like this, I will have to go to my doctor. I'm drinking water slowly to keep hydrated because I'm literally at the dry heaving point.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

Sounds like you're circling the drain, OP.

Let me be they first to say I hope you get better, but if you do not, do you have good stuff?

If so, may I have all of it?

I especially need a new ride, as mine is getting up there in age. Could use some good furniture too.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

I told you not to watch "Glitter."

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

Drink lemon lime Gatorade. You're losing electrolytes and you'll get better faster with it. Tiny sips. And nibble on saltines.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

R6 has very good advice.

When you can eat again start with plain, boiled rice. It'll help to expel whatever is in your digestive tract that is causing you grief.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

If you continue throwing up you should seek medical attention ASAP. If your electrolytes continue to drop you could have kidney failure and die. Take care, op. I hope you feel better soon.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

Thanks r6, a friend is grabbing me some gatorade and saltines now.

Puking is a lot easier when you're drunk. Sober it SUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

At least my mom loves me, r10.

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

If you continue, you'll easily lose at least ten pounds. Keep it off by brushing your teeth on the hour - makes everything taste odd.

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2013

The last time I was hurling and beyond recovery I called my mom and dad. They said they would drop off some soup, 7up, and crackers. A few hours later I wondered where they were. I called, my Mom said they left the stuff on my doorstep!

Oh well, nurturing never was her strong suit, and who can blame them for not wanting to be around sickness!

Anyway, hope you are on the mend, op.

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2013

Has it stopped?...try to eat some bananas too...you don't want your potassium level to drop..exposing you to a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2013

It won't do any good to drink the Gatorade if you're just going to puke it back up while your body is trying to rid itself of the toxins. The best thing to do is to drink some warm water and puke it up. Then, once you have gotten the toxins out of your system for the time being, sip the Gatorade. You should be able to keep it down until the toxins build back up.

When you feel the urge to puke again, drink some more warm water and puke that up. Dry heaves are not good for your stomach.

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

Stop re-watching those Lena Dunham nude scenes.

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

Why do people insist on asking medical advice on DL? I wouldn't even trust you bitches with advice on interior design.

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

well I'm not dying, r18. I have a stomach bug or something. And I am drinking gatorade and eating saltines now...so even if I throw up again, at least it won't be dry heaves.

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2013

Buy deactivated charcoal capsules and keep them on hand. Next time you get food poisoning or the trots, take a dose.

Taking then on an empty stomach is ideal. Ido not take them with meds because the charcoal will absorb them. I get mine from Whole Foods.

by Anonymousreply 2003/25/2013

can't even breath[e]...

by Anonymousreply 2103/25/2013

If it started about 5-7 hours after you ate something questionable, don't forget, even salad can cause food poisoning, doesn't have to be meat, fish or poultry or eggs, then once you started to puke it came at pretty regular intervals like very 20 minutes or every 30 minutes it is most likely food poisoning and probably salmonella.

If you're reasonably young and in good health you'll probably be okay but you should still go to a doctor or an ER for supportive care like an IV.

by Anonymousreply 2203/25/2013

Still sick here. I'm positive I have food poisoning. I took a bit of apple cider vinegar and just got some sugar free popsicles so I am hoping this gets me on the fast track to health.

by Anonymousreply 2303/25/2013

Sounds like the norovirus. Highly contagious. You'll feel better tomorrow but until then you'll feel awful.

by Anonymousreply 2403/25/2013

FOOD POISONING

by Anonymousreply 2503/25/2013

Well, a nice fat joint is seemingly helping. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 2603/25/2013

Glad you are feeling better OP.

by Anonymousreply 2703/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.