Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bravo's Fashion Queens with Miss Laurence and Derek J

Am I the only one who gets flashbacks to the "Men on Films" sketch from "In Living Color" whenever this is on?

by Anonymousreply 1704/22/2015

I love this show! Much better than RHoA.

Miss Lawrence had me rolling tonight when he said Phaedra looked like Nell Carter's grandbaby.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

Kind of weird, female host, whose hairdo seems whack.

Plus, she's loud talking. I don't know. The show is kind of weird.

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

Oh I like it too, but the "Men on Film" thing is just something I can't help thinking of.

I also like the black female fashion editor lady who comes up with her own pronunciations for shit like "legendary" but she also reminds me of Tracy Morgan as "Brian Fellows" on "SNL" in a way.

Maybe I just watch too much sketch comedy.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

This is what a talk show would be like if Pepper LaBeija and Dorian Corey had lived to tell. Oh wow...there are some laugh out loud moments but it is so Men on Film. For the first time though Miss Laurence looks actually pretty chic and not like something found in the bottom of a trunk. I stumbled upon this and am hooked. Perfect half hour of realness.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

[quote]I love this show! Much better than RHoA.

R2 is what's wrong with society: as dangerous and worthy of avoidance as any mass gunman, along with anyone else who gorges on this trash.

But by all means, continue on with your little minstrel show. But extra sugary and savory snacks too, I hear there could be a marathon this weekend!

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

I watching it for the first time.

Words fail me, and yet I'm intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2013

I love Bevy Smith. Derek J and Miss Lawrence can both be funny but half the time I don't agree with their opinions of who looks good. Also, it's not like they always look good themselves lol

and I disagree with their decision to never criticize any old celeb or legend.

That said, it's a fun show.

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2015

So, who had the power to kick these lovelies off RHOA this season? They were the best, that is until one of them hired Fauxdra to present him in "Hair-Extensiongate." Is he really that 'thirsty'?

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2015

I enjoy the show and their humor though I wouldn't say either Miss Lawrence or Derek J has any great taste. Miss Lawrence embarrassingly loves Kim Kardashian which speaks volumes.

I enjoy Bevy Smith too. She has a fun personality.

I don't agree with their idea that "We can't read the older legends". If they dress like shit, yes, yes you can!

by Anonymousreply 904/13/2015

Oh it's TOTALLY men on film! I thought that from day one. I just wonder if the wayans (sp?) brothers were exposed to gays like that back in the 90s because I didn't think that whole super-queen thing was in back then? I know there were those drag balls in NYC and genderfuck, but they are a whole different thing....that is like *exactly* men on film.

Fashion tv shows are boring for me, but I watched a few episodes of this cuz they are pretty funny. Ultimately I got bored, though.

And yes, R-above , bevy is LOUD

by Anonymousreply 1004/13/2015

It's leeeeeejundery whatever that means.

It was fun at first but the same thing over and over and over gets old.

by Anonymousreply 1104/13/2015

Tyson was their first ever guest. He simulates cunnilingus in this clip!! Damn he's sexy and ageless!

by Anonymousreply 1204/20/2015

FUCK Tyson is hot! I bet he knows how to use that tongue too. Kudos to him for going on this show and even supporting Laverne Cox.

by Anonymousreply 1304/20/2015

It's an odd little show but has heart. Bevy's "Hello Sweet Lovers" cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 1404/22/2015

Personally I would much rather watch a half hour of decades-old Men on Film sketches, but if this is your cup of tea, enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 1504/22/2015

I love that the show pays homage to "Men on Film" its only right lol. It's like "Men on Film" come to life 20 years later.

I enjoy watching it every week. The entire cast is very funny and audience is very vocal. Tyson Beckford was a great treat last Sunday.

Bevy Smith cracks me up with her GAAAAAAAG Award every week

by Anonymousreply 1604/22/2015

What I like about the show is that they are having fun without trying too hard. They don't force things Fashion Police

by Anonymousreply 1704/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.