Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Harry Styles confirms that he's Jewish (sort of)

He'd been dropping hints for a while, but this time it's pretty unambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013

He told a fan he's not

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2013

So he's cut?

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2013

I thought Taylor Swift broke up with him because she couldn't handle uncircumcised cock.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

WTF? Is he ashamed or something?

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

Hm, apparently he's not, after all - just a friend of his:

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

Isn't his dad Jewish and his mom's Catholic?

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

So, he's "coming out" as Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

I really don't get it. It seems you all too care about it too much! I think that even he's jewish , cristian , Muslim or what ever - you guys should love him any way ! Why does it so importent for you to know what religion he belongs forgods saked ? He'll do and be whatever he wants and thinks for right.

by Anonymousreply 806/03/2013

LOL he's not Jewish at all. He's just messing around.

Here, for future reference: People of fully Jewish background: -Logan Lerman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman, Bar Refaeli, James Wolk, Julian Morris, Esti Ginzburg, Kat Dennings, Erin Heatherton, Odeya Rush, Anton Yelchin, Paul Rudd, Scott Mechlowicz, Andrew Garfield, Lizzy Caplan, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Gal Gadot, Robert Kazinsky, Melanie Laurent, Marla Sokoloff, Shiri Appleby, Justin Bartha, Adam Brody, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gabriel Macht.

People with Jewish mothers and non-Jewish fathers -Jake Gyllenhaal, James Franco, Scarlett Johansson, Daniel Radcliffe, Alison Brie, Eva Green, Emmy Rossum, Jennifer Connelly, Eric Dane, Jeremy Jordan.

People with Jewish fathers and non-Jewish mothers, who themselves were either raised as Jews and/or identify as Jews: -Ezra Miller, Alexa Davalos, Nat Wolff, James Maslow, Josh Bowman, Ben Foster, Nikki Reed, Ansel Elgort.

People with one Jewish-born parent and one parent who converted to Judaism -Dianna Agron, Sara Paxton (whose father converted, not her mother), Alicia Silverstone, Jamie-Lynn Sigler.

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2013

You're only considered Jewish if your mother is Jewish. If your mother is Jewish but your mother is gentile, the you're not Jewish,

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2013

People who keep lists of whose Jewish and to what degree they come by their Jewishness make me very uneasy.

Those type of lists were kept by the Nazis you know.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2013

No r10 if one parent is even partially Jewish, the child is to be considered a Jew.

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2013

Okay R12, my paternal paternal great grandfather was a Belgian Jew with the last name Goodman. I think his wife was Swedish. They had a son, who married my gentile grandmother and had my dad (who ended up taking his stepfather's non-Jewish last name).

My mom is not Jewish.

Would I be considered a Jew, even if only 1/8th? I certainly didn't grow up in a Jewish household.

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2013

Considering your nervy, pushy retort, YES r10/r13!

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2013

R12, R13, From "My Jewish Learning,"

"Historically, Judaism has held that a Jew is anyone born to a Jewish mother or converted.

In more recent times, new dimensions have emerged to the discussion of who is legally considered Jewish. In 1983 the Reform movement passed a resolution that accepted the Jewish identity of children of Jewish fathers and non-Jewish mothers. Recognizing what is known as patrilineal descent, the Reform movement ruled that these children were Jewish if they participated in the various Jewish life cycle ceremonies which usually mark the life stages of a Jew."

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2013

Harry Styles is smexy.

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2013

eww

there goes his charm.

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2013

Harry Styles is silly.

by Anonymousreply 1808/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.