Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Tina Fey=Paul Rudd movie Admission

is getting horrible reviews. I saw it and liked it. I think people are expecting a different movie. The movie I saw was good but not what I expected. Some serious issues.

In all truth I could have watched 90mins of the shower scene...

by Anonymousreply 2703/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 103/24/2013

I liked the novel it was based on, but I don't feel the need to see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 203/24/2013

Does Paul show butt?

by Anonymousreply 303/24/2013

Floparooney. Paul Rudd is no movie star.

by Anonymousreply 403/24/2013

So far nobody saw it but me.

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2013

Tina Fey equals Paul Rudd?

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2013

op tell us about the shower!!!! was their Paul nudity?!!!

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2013

I saw it last night. 6.5 out of 10.

Tina Fey is probably a great writer but when it comes to acting she only seems able to get a laugh when her character is caught in an awkward situation and she mutters something.

The movie was filled with cliche plot moments. I thought it was trying to be too many different things.

Lily Tomlin was a stand out.

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2013

r7, it involved cow placenta..

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2013

Was there nudity from Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2013

The only skin was his upper chest in the shower scene.

by Anonymousreply 1103/24/2013

I love them both but had no desire to see this movie because it just didn't interest me.

by Anonymousreply 1203/24/2013

What's happening here?

by Anonymousreply 1303/24/2013

r13, that's the kinda movie I was expecting.

by Anonymousreply 1403/24/2013

Tina Fey's brand of comedy is an acquired taste. One I don't care for. Rudd is ruining his career playing the same lame role in every movie he's done for the past five years. He's the go to guy for any movie requiring an attractive, sensitive schlub whether the role is husband, boyfriend or potential romantic prospect. He's phoning it in and it shows.The problem with Fey is that she has a face and persona that works on television but not on the big screen. She is not a movie star. She wrote a very entertaining movie in Mean Girls. She needs to go back to writing and leave the acting to the professionals. The only reason the Golden Globe hosting gig was a sucess was because she was doing the same kind of comedy that she did on SNL when she was teamed with Poehler. Of course, what do I know. Jennifer Aniston still has a career and she plays the same character in every one of her movies.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2013

I agree with every single thing you wrote, R15.

Fey had better chemistry with Carell than she does with Rudd. She may have dodged a bullet recently by turning down a movie that was to be directed by Nancy "Nothing gets me hornier than a fabulous kitchen!" Meyers.

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

[quote][R13], that's the kinda movie I was expecting.

Then you're an idiot. Nothing about this movie said it was going to be a raunchy comedy.

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

Then I'm an idiot and I liked it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

I loved Mean Girls. Baby Mama had its moments.

by Anonymousreply 1903/25/2013

Are we suppose to buy Tina Fey and Paul Rudd as a couple?!

The only Tina Fey movie worth watching is Baby Mama.

by Anonymousreply 2003/25/2013

She was supposed to do a movie with Meryl Streep but that fell through.

by Anonymousreply 2103/25/2013

When it was first advertised, it seemed like it was about a guy who tries to reunite a woman with the son she gave up for adoption years ago...

Then it kind of morphed into some Notting Hill bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2203/26/2013

I agree with R15 and R20. Also, I think of Tina Fey, the pretty hair commercials notwithstanding, as a character actress not a lead. And I don't mean because of the scar, either. But she's not even "romantic lead" age anymore. In scenes with Rudd she looks a bit like his mother or at least, older sister.

Maybe pair her up with a 50ish actor, playing 45. Yes, like Carell. In the previews, all I could think of, vis her and Rudd, was: "cougar."

She's intellectual not visceral. IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

She's stale.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

Gosh R10, it's sounds as though you are obsessed with PauL now.

by Anonymousreply 2503/26/2013

Rudd is older than she is. I think some of you are just so used to seeing men paired up with much younger women in Hollywood films, that when you see a couple who is actually around the same age, you think the woman is "too old" for him.

by Anonymousreply 2603/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!