Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tea Pouty Boycotts Fox News ... Too Liberal

Tea Party Boycotts Fox News For Being Too Liberal 2013/03/24 By Egberto Willies

At first the piece from The Raw Story seemed like a joke, “Tea Party group boycotting Fox News for becoming ‘too liberal’”. When realizing it was in fact not a joke it was necessary to find out exactly why the Tea Party thought Fox News was going Liberal. Here is what the Daily Beast reported one of the participants in the boycott had to say.

Particularly after the election, Fox keeps turning to the left,” said Stan Hjerlied, 75, of Fort Collins, Colo., and a participant in the boycott. He pointed to an interview Fox News CEO Roger Ailes gave after the election in which he said that the Republican Party and Fox News need to modernize, especially around immigration. “So we are really losing our only conservative network.

In other words they are boycotting Fox News because Fox News decided to lay off the Benghazi lies. They are boycotting Fox News because Roger Ailes is “retooling” to prevent the total irrelevance of Fox News as a news organization.

Any expectation that Fox News is Liberal or has any affinity for the President should have been dispelled by the coverage they gave to President Obama in Israel. President Obama received the highest civilian Israeli award, the Israeli Medal of Distinction, and while that was being covered they were attacking the President’s commitment to Israel and his Affordable Health Care bill.

by More at linkreply 2203/26/2013

Those people are fucking Nazis. For real.

by More at linkreply 103/24/2013

They want propaganda not facts.

by More at linkreply 203/24/2013

What a bunch of dolts.

by More at linkreply 303/24/2013

Aw, man. This gets better by the day. This really does sound like something Onion staffers would come up with.

[quote]A leader of the boycott, Kathy Amidon, of Nashville, declined an interview, instead directing The Daily Beast to a website, Benghazi-Truth. The website, a single-page, 23,000-word manifesto complete with multicolored fonts, supposedly incriminating videos of Fox News’s complicity in a coverup, and communist propaganda photographs, is kept by someone who identifies himself online as “Proe Graphique,” and who other members of boycott described as someone who works “in New York media.”

[quote]By way of explanation, the website reports: “People ask why not all mainstream media? Why just Boycott FOX? The answer, again, is that FOX needs the Tea Party/conservatives more than the conservatives need FOX after FOX turned left, basically selling out the people who made FOX successful in an attempt to earn an extra buck. FOX is extremely vulnerable to these boycotts while the rest of the MSM doesn’t need us at all, to speak of.”

[quote]“It is honestly because Fox is everywhere. If you are on Twitter, you click on a link, chances are it might go through Mediaite or Drudge, but it ends up at Fox because Fox originated the story.” He quickly clicks away, instead relying on Glenn Beck’s website The Blaze to stay informed.

[quote]“The more I research into Fox—I saw that they donate more to Democratic candidates than conservative or Republican candidates—I was like holy cow! Maybe they are just trying to snatch our pockets. Maybe they are just talking the talk, because it sure doesn’t look like they are walking the walk.”

by More at linkreply 403/24/2013

Talk about conspiracy theorists!

by More at linkreply 503/24/2013

Pretty soon even the Tea Party will be too lefty for some of these teabaggers.

by More at linkreply 603/24/2013

Any day now they'll build their own Waco-style compound.

by More at linkreply 703/24/2013

Anyone else think The Tea Party is two guys in a cold, cramped room somewhere in Nebraska?

by More at linkreply 803/24/2013

[quote]The website, a single-page, 23,000-word manifesto complete with multicolored fonts, supposedly incriminating videos of Fox News’s complicity in a coverup, and communist propaganda photographs, is kept by someone who identifies himself online as “Proe Graphique,” and who other members of boycott described as someone who works “in New York media.”

I can't be the only one who nearly pissed their pants laughing at this?

by More at linkreply 903/24/2013

We want our Fox news hacks to be just like our teeth: false, soaked, slippery and tea stained white.

by More at linkreply 1003/24/2013

[quote]Anyone else think The Tea Party is two guys in a cold, cramped room somewhere in Nebraska?

No. There was a parade float full of them in a St. Patrick's parade in a nearby city. About five of us booed them; they got a lot of applause from other parade watchers.

by More at linkreply 1103/24/2013

Ha! I love it! I hope they push Fox News over the edge. I'm telling you, the right wing is cannibalizing itself!

by More at linkreply 1203/24/2013

R12 it will be interesting to see who prevails. The more moderate ones or the Nazi wing of the party? Maybe this is the beginning our own pre-WWII Germany arena.

by More at linkreply 1303/24/2013

[quote]They want propaganda not facts.

So what is the problem here?

by More at linkreply 1403/24/2013

I like that OP calls it the Tea Pouty. FNC does criticise them now and when they do it I imagine all the Tea Pouty people's heads exploding from not knowing what to think.

FNC acknowledges that the GOP is in disarray and in danger of marginalisation; they said they're playing to three different parties within the GOP.

by More at linkreply 1503/24/2013

"...they said they're playing to three different parties within the GOP."

It's somewhat like the 'The Three Faces of Eve', with a whole lot more multiple personality disorders and a deep obsessive focus on the "black out".

by More at linkreply 1603/24/2013

I say, put them all is the same room, lock the door, and let them fight it out.

by More at linkreply 1703/25/2013

[quote]FOX turned left, basically selling out the people who made FOX successful in an attempt to earn an extra buck.

Sounds like some dirty hippy commie has a problem with the free market system.

by More at linkreply 1803/25/2013

If they abandon Fox News, what do they have left? Glenn Beck?

by More at linkreply 1903/25/2013

"FOX turned left, basically selling out the people who made FOX successful in an attempt to earn an extra buck."

If it said that Fox 'turned right', then we'd be screaming that those 'Bitches stole our hook!'

by More at linkreply 2003/25/2013

Now they only get their news from the guy at the gun club who agrees with them on everything.

by More at linkreply 2103/26/2013

“Tea Party Report” Anchor, Susie Sampson, joins David Pakman on his show to discuss the Tea Party’s boycott of Fox News  for being “too liberal.” Does losing 20% of the main GOP news outlet’s audience mean trouble’s brewing in the Republican party? Sampson thinks it’s time for conservatives to “occupy Fox News” and kick out “all those Liberals” sitting outside.

by More at linkreply 2203/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.