Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you ever watched a movie with people

And felt acutely uncomfortable for some reason? Like it wasn't what you expected, and now it's "squirm time"?

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

Did you watch Basic Instinct with your Mom or something, OP?

by Anonymousreply 103/24/2013

The Sensualist, with my mother (she brought me to the film, I was 11).

Brokeback Mountain with my niece (caught myself getting turned on by their sex scene, then realize the company I was keeping)

by Anonymousreply 203/24/2013

Saw "Monsters Ball" with a black co-worker (we're both female; she hated to go to films alone; I've been doing that since was 19!, but she was happy I would go with her; she drove - so that worked out. In SF.)

ANYway: we would end up seeing about 10 more films together over 2-3 years BUT "Monsters Ball" was the first time I had seen a film with her, and during the scene(s) with - the Heath Ledger character's father? (Brit actor; sorry, can't remember); anyway, where he is yelling "n---er", etc. at the Halle Berry character, I wanted to hide in my seat, slide to the floor, disappear, 'cause I had NO idea what my co-worker thought of this.

(After the film was over, I screwed up my courage to ask her, and she laughed and said, that that was they way people like the father's character act. Didn't faze her at all.!)

by Anonymousreply 303/24/2013

"Spanking the Money" ... with my mom.

by Anonymousreply 403/24/2013

r4 wins.

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2013

You mean after that time I took my dad to see "Terms of Endearment" when he was dying of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2013

I've seen Basic Instinct and Unfaithful and Brokeback Mountain with my mom and it didn't faze me; but taking her to see The 40 Year Old Virgin, I guess people verbalizing sex rather than recreating it, that unnerved me and I wanted to crawl under the chair. And she wasn't enjoying it (she loved the first three films I mentioned).

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2013

You don't know the definition of "uncomfortable" until you've watched "Dawson's 50-Load Weekend" with your grandmother.

I can still hear her asking, "How does he keep all those loads in his hole?"

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2013

OP, have you measured as iNFj on the Myers Briggs tests? It's an uncommon result and leads to feeling quite uncomfortable / squirmy at some kinds of entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2013

Saw Bo Derek's "Tarzan" movie with my mom. I'm sure she felt relieved I wasn't queer (I was).

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2013

Aside from seeing Animal House with my grandmother, I also rented Monster's Ball and watched it with my mother. (For reasons I won't go into, I knew nothing about the film except that Halle Berry won an Oscar.)

My mother is a very Catholic Republican. Within the first few minutes, Heath Ledger is in a hotel room banging some hooker from behind who says to him, "Go easy on me. My pussy is really SORE..." I wanted to die. I can't remember if my mother hung in there for Halle's climatic scene but at some point she excused herself and went to bed. Thank gawd.

by Anonymousreply 1103/24/2013

A straight friend of mine took his new in-laws (from Ohio) to see Looking For Mr Goodbar, shortly after he got married. He thought it was going to be a romantic comedy.

by Anonymousreply 1203/24/2013

Do you mean like this?

by Anonymousreply 1303/24/2013

We watched the Swedish version of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" a few Christmases ago. Watching a fairly intense rape scene with your parents and sister isn't exactly...fun.

by Anonymousreply 1403/24/2013

I went to see "Making Love" and saw my homophobic ex-roommates coming out of the theater acting like they were open-minded liberals. Infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2013

When I was younger, watched Videodrome in the same room as my parents, not really having had any idea how kinky and graphic some of the scenes were. Total squirmfest.

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

When I was 13 my grandparents were babysitting me and I got to chose to rent the tape. The tape I chose was The Piano.

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

I also watched "Beloved" with my mother and I think I traumatized her. Scenes of guys squirting the milk out of Oprah's breasts and another character hauling up her dress to show her bush... She said, "Why would she want to make a movie like that?!".

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.