Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gwyenth Paltrow's Spring Essentials.

And all you need is $450,000 for the whole collection.

Got money? Great! Then has Gwyneth Paltrow got a deal for you. The actress and Goop founder shared her pick of spring wardrobe essentials on her website earlier this week, and the grand total of her promoted purchases is a whopping $458,003.

In the post, the Iron Man actress, who introduces her eight fun springtime looks in a feature highlighting NET-A-PORTER staples, shares some of her favorite trends for the warm-weather season, including punk-inspired leather jackets and colorful skirts.

"Perfect for work, team an eye-catching and colorful skirt with your workwear basics," Chris Martin's wife writes, highlighting a $855 McQ Alexander McQueen butterfly skirt.

The perfect accessory to accompany the pretty print? A printed iPad sleeve for $225 or a braided 18-karat gold-plated cuff for $465, she shares.

A more casual look can be easily created with a $425 plain white leather Theyskens' Theory tank top or, alternately, a $865 Stella McCartney white jersey top.

And for just $1,615, shoppers can add a gorgeous Temperley London satin-and-tulle maxi skirt to their wardrobe.

"For a night in with guests, a long skirt manages to look dressed up while still conveying a relaxed feel," she explains.

Paltrow came under fire earlier this week after fellow actress and mother Jessica Alba pointed out that Paltrow's more privileged background made her website slightly less accessible.

"Alicia Silverstone is a vegan, so she's the extreme side of it," Alba, 31, told the New York Daly News about other celebrities' lifestyle brands and sites. "Gwyneth Paltrow probably lives a very similar lifestyle, but I didn't grow up with a bunch of money, so my tips are much more grounded: repurposing things and making things at home."

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013

Chris must be a wimp, otherwise he'd tell his wife how ridiculous and out-of-touch with reality she is.

by Anonymousreply 103/24/2013

I though a lot of Gwenny hate was just exaggerated but that "Spring Collection" is just nutsy cuckoo.

by Anonymousreply 203/24/2013

I had no idea she sells shit on her web site under "GOOP COLLECTION":

by Anonymousreply 303/24/2013

Here's a link to Goopy's selection of clothes. Some are okay, but there's a lot of expensive fug here, too.

The idea of Gwynnie choosing something for her readers that's "perfect for work", ie, an office job, is pretty laughable. Would love to watch her making photocopies or changing the coffee machine filter, just once.

by Anonymousreply 403/24/2013

SHE SELLS $900 BLANKETS OMFG

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2013

OP shops at Dots

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2013

I totally agree,with R1. Shes freaken ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2013

Who the hell reads that website, except for snarky bitches?

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

The outfits she puts together are horrid.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

She's just trolling her haters at this point, right?

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

Some of the stuff looks cool. She's a cunt of epic proportions but her taste is decent.

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

Who actually admires her site or goes there for real information? Noone. She just runs it so she can take tax deductions on all the expensive bullshit she wants to buy for her life. And of course for self-aggrandizement.

by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2013

I was actually a Gwyneth sympathizer/apologist until a few minutes ago, when I looked at the Goop site. I thought, why don't you leave this poor actor alone? What has she done to you? Now I think she's a twat of epic proportions. Please carry on with your ridicule and disgust.

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2013

It's so funny that SHE models all the stuff.

What an ego trip.

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2013

Who wants an ACNE leather jacket? Not me.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2013

I worked with a girl (she's 41 but acts very girlish, in the worst ways) and she's the only Gywneth fan that I know. She has a "lifestyle blog" filled with instagrams of little tableaus around her house, meals she's eaten etc. She runs a side "business" where she calls herself "web guru." Basically I think she wants to be paid to take over your twitter account. But not savvy enough to not publicly follow Sarah Palin (still! I just checked) She's tiresome and relentlessly cheerful. Relentlessly. She actually bought and raved about the Country Strong soundtrack. So, there, by proxy you know a Gwyneth fan.

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

I'm no Paltrow fan, but why is this kind of blue chip consumption always tolerated when it's in Vogue, GQ or the Saks catalog but appalling when it comes from a celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

It gets plenty of disdain when magazines do it. It's a cliche to call them out on it. Gywneth just proudly put her overbitten and chin implanted face on a practice that is totally ridiculous. "These boots are a steal at $850!"

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

Tom Llamas made a crack about this on the 12 o'clock news this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 1903/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.