Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why is Adrien Brody starring in a movie with Lindsay Lohan in it?

I knew his career wasn't doing well, but I had no idea it was this bad.

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2013

Isn't he supposed to be very difficult to work with? I'm sure his reputation has prevented him from a lot of gigs.

by Anonymousreply 103/24/2013

With all the movies he's done, you actually have to think that the Pianist was a fluke.

by Anonymousreply 203/24/2013

When I first heard about The Pianist I was very excited, but that was because I thought the title was The Penis.

by Anonymousreply 303/24/2013

This movie looks horrible and i liked Movie 43.

He's a great actor but he pretty much just does the movies he wants to do. I don't think he really gives a shit.

He was hot to death in Predators.

by Anonymousreply 403/24/2013

[quote]He's a great actor but he pretty much just does the movies he wants to do. I don't think he really gives a shit.

Agree. He's not too interested in having an orderly career. I think he just likes to act.

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2013

The Pianist is one of those movies and his one of the performances that no one remembers and wonders why it was so critically praised in hindsight.

The only reason he won that year was because all his fellow nominees had Oscars already.

It's a shame someone else couldn't have been nominated that year in the leading actor category instead of him who had actually contributed more to cinema. 2002 was a good year for films and there were so many more memorable film performances than Brody's. Like Richard Gere for Chicago maybe. Or James Spader in "Secretary." Hugh Grant for "About A Boy." Even Jake Gylenhaal for "The Good Girl" or Matt Damon for "The Bourne Identity" or fuck... Adam Sandler!!! in "Punch-Drunk Love" were way more memorable than Brody.

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2013

[quote]The Pianist is one of those movies and his one of the performances that no one remembers and wonders why it was so critically praised in hindsight.

He lost weight, a lot of weight, for the role. That always works with the Academy. Trust me on that.

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2013

Then why didn't Christian Bale win for The Machinist?

It was obvi because it was a Nazi movie.

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2013

In my opinion, r6, Adrien gives a fucking incredible performance in The Pianist. It was a justly deserved Oscar. I mean, really, you think Richard Gere deserved a nomination? He's the weakest link in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2013

I disagree, R9. It was the role that was fucking incredible.

Brody did a very good job with it, but a dozen other actors could have stepped in and done it.

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2013

R10 you make no sense. Obviously it is Brody's performance that made the character "fucking incredible," or you wouldn't have mentioned it. We will never know how anyone else would have been because nobody else did.

by Anonymousreply 1103/24/2013

[quote]I knew his career wasn't doing well, but I had no idea it was this bad.

It could be worse; he could be dating Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 1203/24/2013

[quote]He lost weight, a lot of weight, for the role. That always works with the Academy.

But he still had the nose so they had to shoot it in wide screen.

by Anonymousreply 1303/24/2013

Huh r11?

I think he was arguing that the writing/dialogue/story/direction made the role incredible more than Brody's performance.

by Anonymousreply 1403/24/2013

He's trying to compete with Halle Berry in the "Who Can Sink the Lowest After Winning An Oscar" Award. Cuba Gooding Jr was thought to be the winner but then Adrian showed up.

by Anonymousreply 1503/24/2013

At least Cuba is doing theater...Adrien's career prior to THE PIANIST consisted of small budget, interesting independent films. Yes he kissed Halle, but he gave a wonderful speech saluting his childhood buddy who was away at the war (it completely overshadowed Nicole's fake speech.)

Yet his post-Oscar career has had one misfire after another. So disappointing! He had such promise!

So I know he brought his Mom to the Oscars - is he gay or straight?

by Anonymousreply 1603/25/2013

Maybe being jilted by Elsa Pataky ruined him.

by Anonymousreply 1703/25/2013

Would hit it

by Anonymousreply 1803/25/2013

He's did a reality show, Driven to Extremes on Discovery Channel UK.

I guess he didn't want it to be seen in the US. Henry Cavill also did a show for Driven to Extreme.

It's a show where they drive in extreme places. Extreme means desert, rain forest, and etc.

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.