Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rock Of Ages premieres on HBO tonight

Just started watching, I see it got 1 star so I am not expecting much. Oh dear, Julianne Hough singing...

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013

Watch it anyway, you have to, it's the law.

by Anonymousreply 103/23/2013

The odd part is Tommy really gives it his all as a rock star....although somebody should have told him he is in a comedy. Catherine Zeta Jones seems to be the only cast member who read the script.

by Anonymousreply 203/23/2013

Another Oh dear for Alec Baldwin in those jeans.

by Anonymousreply 303/23/2013

Alec seems like he hated being in the movie. His discomfort shows in every scene.

by Anonymousreply 403/23/2013

Who keeps trying to make Julianne "happen"?

by Anonymousreply 503/23/2013

I'm dvring. I will watch it later. I'm glad there is a thread, I'm sure I will love to hear what you all have to say on it.

by Anonymousreply 603/23/2013

She had a contract with Seacrest which just expired.

by Anonymousreply 703/23/2013

Reply 3, that's nothing compared to Tommy's fat gut. It's unfortunate that he thought it was a good look. He has that weird thing that happens to abs when a man reaches a certain age. No matter how hard, no matter the six-pack, it ends up looking like a beer belly jutting out. Cover that fucking nasty thing. Repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 803/23/2013

[quote] Who keeps trying to make Julianne "happen"?

That notorious pussyhound, Ryan Seacrest.

by Anonymousreply 903/23/2013

Who did the young male lead suck to get in this movie? Never have seen him before and he is homely.

by Anonymousreply 1003/23/2013

R10, He can't act either, and is all wrong for the part.

by Anonymousreply 1103/23/2013

Cruise looked way better with the long hair in Legend. He looks ridiculous in this movie but seems to be taking himself seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1203/23/2013

Lol! No shit, R12. The wild-eyed look when he walks into the warehouse. He carefully takes his hat off to reveal his bandana. What color was it again? That will tell me what he's in to sexually.

by Anonymousreply 1303/23/2013

Cruise's chest looks awful, thank Christ I have a small TV. I can't imagine seeing it up on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 1403/23/2013

So far the only decent one is Mary J Blige

by Anonymousreply 1503/24/2013

I was actually surprised (why?) at how AWFUL Tom Cruise was in this. He just dragged the energy down so far, he torpedoed whatever teeny, tiny bit of goodwill the movie had going for it.

I know that sometimes the trick to comedy is to play it seriously, but boy did it backfire for him here. Not funny, not interesting, just deadly.

by Anonymousreply 1603/24/2013

r8

That's 'roid gut, you get from taking 'roids to cover your POZ status.

by Anonymousreply 1703/24/2013

r4 - I don't blame Alec, this film is an embarrassment. CZJ was pretty good but Julianne Hough, the lead young guy, and Cruise were terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1803/24/2013

Did Tom paint his toe nails himself?

by Anonymousreply 1903/24/2013

Was Cruise's character peeing on the carpet while pouring down the aged whiskey in his ex-manager's office?

by Anonymousreply 2003/24/2013

I thought Alec Baldwin was the only good thing in this.

by Anonymousreply 2103/24/2013

I'm not a tremendous fan of hers but CZJ at least seemed to understand how to do the kind of comedy the film was trying for.

by Anonymousreply 2203/25/2013

Watching now on HBO. Holy shit, it's really bad.

The young lead is ugly and wrong for te part, te blond chicks (both) are annoying and not entertaing and engaging Tom Cruise just fucking awful. Agree, CZJ is the best. Don't get me started on Russel Brand.

80s rock was horrible too (60s, 70s, and even the 90s were way better)

by Anonymousreply 2303/26/2013

Shit, I forgot I taped this. I watched Phil Spector on Sunday and still have this on my dvr. It sounds really, really awful.

by Anonymousreply 2403/26/2013

Loved Adam Shankman's "Hairspray" but God I hated this mess. Based on a really shitty Broadway play who's success is based on the fact that they allow the demographic crowd to bring alcohol to their seats. Nobody has sat through it sober.

Nothing is right about this flick. Julianne Hough sucks the life out of every scene she is in. The lead guy is a blank. You know Shankman wanted Zac Efron again and he wisely said no. My biggest question is why are all the albums in Tower record are $9.44?

by Anonymousreply 2504/06/2013

Im watching now. Sould leave ( gots to get me to La Target). I should see the end.

by Anonymousreply 2604/06/2013

Just started this and the vocals are so auto tuned.

by Anonymousreply 2704/06/2013

OMG Totes cant wait to see TC.

by Anonymousreply 2805/28/2013

I play a raging heterosexul in this movie. It wasn't much a stretch, really.

by Anonymousreply 2905/28/2013

Worth a free redbox rental?

by Anonymousreply 3005/28/2013

Just saw this on HBO and couldn't believe haw dreadful and phony everything was.

I only watched because I heard that Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand turn out to be lovers, but what a let down that was. Their "love song" was embarassing to watch and I didn't buy it for a second. Yet Brand was maybe the most authentic thing in the movie.

Tom Cruise was also cringe-worthy; I couldn't get a handle on his character and his playing of it was all surface -- the guy never let his hair down and was always on. And his costumes were just that.

CZJ overacted her every scene. Maybe she was playing it for laughs but I didn't crack a smile.

And why did the two female leads (the reporter and the waitress) look so alike?

One more thing -- I couldn't even read the acting credits at the end because they were in a sort of rock 'n' roll font and they were indecipherable, even on a 32 inch screen.

Blah.

by Anonymousreply 3109/30/2013

Old news?

by Anonymousreply 3209/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.