Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Book of Mormon

As with any remotely decent offering at the Kennedy Center (which typically peddles shit plays), The Book of Mormon is coming to town and it sold out after a few days. Now I'm wondering if it's worth spending hundreds of dollars for a couple of tickets. Was it *that* good? Considering it's getting shit reviews in London, I might be able to fly across the Atlantic and see it on the West End for significantly cheaper.

Advice?

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013

The same two guys (Gavin Creel and Jared Gertner) are playing the leads in London that played the leads on the first national tour, and one of them was also on Broadway as Josh Gad's understudy (Gertner). I saw them in Denver, and they were great although very different than Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad's performances. I prefer Gertner's Elder Cunningham. It is difficult to compare Creel's Elder Price to Rannells Elder Price. The take is completely different. In short, if it is that much cheaper I would go to London.

by Anonymousreply 103/23/2013

You can watch one of many bootleg videos of the show online, with a position that's probably better than any seat you can afford.

by Anonymousreply 203/23/2013

Not worth it. If you must spend money on it, get the CD.

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2013

Shit I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2013

Saw it in SF and really enjoyed it. I have yet to see ANYTHING worth $500 a seat,'or whatever the going rate. I had a chance to see it in NY with the original cast for $450. I passed and saw Motherf***er with the Hat instead. Saved myself $350. Should have applied that savings to a rentboy, lol...

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2013

Totally mediocre. See it only for the fun of watching other people see it thinking they're watching the greatest show on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 603/25/2013

Plagiarized, lame, in a weird way desensitizing and humanizing evil fuckface Mormons. Like a ten year old's fantasy of what religion is all about.

by Anonymousreply 703/25/2013

[quote] Considering it's getting shit reviews in London, I might be able to fly across the Atlantic and see it on the West End for significantly cheaper.

Tickets are all but sold out there through July-August.

by Anonymousreply 803/25/2013

I haven't seen the show, but I quite like the soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 903/25/2013

[quote] I haven't seen the show, but I quite like the soundtrack.

It's a cast recording, not a soundtrack.

Turn in your gay card.

by Anonymousreply 1003/25/2013

I can practically hear r10's butthole puckering across the aether!

by Anonymousreply 1103/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.