Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Would an American succceed in business in Germany?

I was wondering. Germany seems like a very closed society and have physically attacked those who weren't German. Would it be possible for an outsider or foreigner to make money in that country?

by Anonymousreply 903/23/2013

I worked in Munich for four years and was quite successful. I couldn't speak German and everyone in my office communicated with my in English. That could never happen here with a German speaker.

by Anonymousreply 103/23/2013

"Germany seems like a very closed society and have physically attacked those who weren't German"

Because in the US those who weren't white American-looking never were attacked?

by Anonymousreply 203/23/2013

Germany is part of the EU which grants citizens of any other EU member state the right to live and work there. Germany also has a large Turkish minority. It is not a closed society at all.

by Anonymousreply 303/23/2013

Worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 403/23/2013

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 503/23/2013

"closed society"? Where the fuck do you people get your ideas? Did they use comic books at your school?

by Anonymousreply 603/23/2013

R6, read the part about the stabbing and the German-Turkish politician was called a "dirty foreigner".

by Anonymousreply 703/23/2013

[quote]Germany is part of the EU which grants citizens of any other EU member state the right to live and work there.

I think EU countries have separate agreements with each other regarding working rights.

by Anonymousreply 803/23/2013

Here's an article on the restrictions for work permits within the EU:

by Anonymousreply 903/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.