Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are some things you do that are bad for the economy?

I rarely if ever buy DVDs or Cds. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am. I don't like spending the money even if it is just one dollar. That one dollar could be used to do more productive things. I also don't get how you can buy the CD when you like one song from an artist. Just because that one song is good doesn't mean the rest of tracks will good as well.

I usually go to youtube or the library for music or movies. Maybe going to youtube drives up the revenue for that site? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 1003/23/2013

I have bought CDs -- lots of them, actually -- but it seems that's changing. The new Justin Timberlake CD is the first new disc I've bought in a long time.

But I almost never buy DVDs. And when I do buy one (meaning I couldn't find it any other way), I resell it as soon as I'm done looking at it. Why pay all that money for something I'm going to look at once?

I don't buy books much anymore, either. They've become so expensive, I read most at the library. The only books I buy are large picture books (art or design, sometimes cookbooks) or reference books.

by Anonymousreply 103/23/2013

[quote] But I almost never buy DVDs. And when I do buy one (meaning I couldn't find it any other way), I resell it as soon as I'm done looking at it. Why pay all that money for something I'm going to look at once?

The word you're looking for is "watch," unless you just stare at the DVD box until you've had enough.

by Anonymousreply 203/23/2013

I totally agree with you. When I was younger I spend thousand on developing an amazing and complex VHS collection of all my favourite genres. Only for them to be dumped into the recycling a few years ago as I can't find a decent VHS player these days to watch them. Factor in that I foolishly re-collected most of them as DVDs and realised what the Hell am I doing this for? They gather dust, have no resell value and no-one will want them if I pop my clogs anytime soon. Now I just stream or download the stuff I really enjoy, then delete.

Same applies to photographs. I had around 10k lying in boxes. Burned the lot once I had uploaded my favourites to online storage.

by Anonymousreply 303/23/2013

I might buy a cd once performers begin producing songs that are worth listening too.

by Anonymousreply 403/23/2013

You know you can rip music from Youtube, right? That way you don't have to keep being a patron of Google.

by Anonymousreply 503/23/2013

I shop at factory or discount outlets like Marshalls and buy refurbished items from Amazon. However, the last time I bought something from Amazon was a flat screen tv about 2 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 703/23/2013

I save my money. I shop at thrift stores. I don't buy more than I need.

by Anonymousreply 803/23/2013

This thread sounds like a lot of very, very old people talking about gramophones and beta max tapes.

You're exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 903/23/2013

I sold one of my yachts and the summer home in the hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 1003/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.