Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Racquel Welch at 71

Damn. I want HER plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 4103/24/2013

She has a great wig line.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

She does look really good in that picture. Clearly a lot of makeup and also clearly some surgery, but she doesn't look freakish, IMO.

I thought she was older.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

She hasn't starred in anything of note since Scarsdale Surprise.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

Someone has done a really good job on her. She doesn't even look like a freak.

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

She looks great!

Where are the guys that look youthful at 71?

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

Wow, she's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

Can't she just show her normal hair? These older glam ladies lose me there.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

[quote]Where are the guys that look youthful at 71?

Most 71 year old men can't get away with wearing that much make up not to mention a full wig (which is probably disguising the surgical tape and bands used to pull her face taut...aging H'wood female stars have used that trick for many many years).

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

Cher! Dolly! Tina!

Get out your Gold Cards, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

She looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

She still looks beautiful. She truly one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in her heyday. In real life she could probably pass for a woman in her fifties.

[quote]Can't she just show her normal hair? These older glam ladies lose me there.

Her normal hair is thin, dry and grey. You don't want to see it.

Jane Fonda who was never a beauty also got good plastic surgery but her thinness makes it look obvious. And the once beautiful Faye Dunaway no longer looks human.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

It's RAQUEL. No 'c'. Get it right, fellas!!

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

She does her own makeup too. Flawless, even on HD.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

Wow. She looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

She does indeed look great for 71; however, that photo has been retouched, especially under the eyes. If you saw her up close in person you would be less impressed.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

r16- I've seen her up close (worked with her on a TV series)- I guarantee you that she's flawless.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2013

Raquel was the first choice for the role of Jennifer in DL fave "Valley Of The Dolls". She would've been infinitely better than Sharon Tate.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2013

She has only the hint of cosmetic cat eyes, the cheek filler is almost natural looking compared to her younger look, her smile lines - and she has many - look nicely natural but not saggy, and her chest and breast cleavage show a pleasant amount of tone while not being freakishly taut - you can see some dimpling and sagging there in a 55-year-old look.

The makeup, thanks to her Latina (Bolivian) look, is acceptable and lovely, even, and doesn't look overly Hollywood cronish. The hair also somehow manages to work, against the odds.

Pretty amazing. Since she's always been an interesting combination of asshole/cunt, sassy fun, smart business and confused bimbo, she's done a great job keeping herself together. And such a tiny thing, too.

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2013

[quote]Since she's always been an interesting combination of asshole/cunt, sassy fun, smart business and confused bimbo

She's a bitch in a good way. She's not dumb. I wonder if that breathy voice she has is real, she still has it and it still sounds young.

[quote]And such a tiny thing, too.

She was never tiny, she's curvy.

by Anonymousreply 2003/22/2013

Move over Linda Gray, we have a new defending champion

by Anonymousreply 2103/22/2013

Linda Gray was never a stunning beauty, Raquel was.

by Anonymousreply 2203/22/2013

Still bangable. I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2013

Beautiful then, beautiful now.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2013

Tell us stories of her feud with Betty Bacall!!!

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2013

the web claims she's a 'staunchly conservative christian who's a life-long member of the GOP.' now i don't like her nearly as much. :(

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2013

Whoa r10, some of those wigs are pretty, pretty awful. They remind me of the Revlon wigs that my crazy step-mom wore and were advertised in The Enquirer and the like back in the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 2703/23/2013

"Where are the guys that look youthful at 71?"

Sun damage. Most men don't pay attention while out boating, doing lawn care, etc. It literally fries your skin over a period of decades.

The only remedy would be a skin transplant.

by Anonymousreply 2803/23/2013

I'll take an "intimate," please!

by Anonymousreply 2903/23/2013

I don't think there was a feud, R25.

Raquel replaced Betty when she got sick in "Woman of the Year" on Broadway and got great reviews and then Betty made a miraculous recovery.

by Anonymousreply 3003/23/2013

Does Raquel have a boy toy these days? She looks plastic BUT what a glorious piece of plastic she is.That shriveled old cunt,Joan Rivers, should go to RW's surgeon instead...or maybe it's too late for her.

by Anonymousreply 3103/23/2013

Linda Gray's work, though, looks age appropriate. With Linda you say she looks great for her age. With Raquel you say she looks great at her age.

Both women look awesome, no doubt, but Linda at least isn't trying to fool anybody, she's just making the best of where she is in life.

And no matter how good anybody's doctor is, they can never do anything about the hands. Eh, Madge?

by Anonymousreply 3203/23/2013

How is the unnaturally smooth effect created? What's the actual technique? Rivers has it, Welch has it... so many women who've had work done have it but I don't know what it actually is and I am curious.

by Anonymousreply 3303/23/2013

Rivers has it? What fugliness?!She looks terrible for her age. She looks like someone injected two pounds of silicon in each cheek.

by Anonymousreply 3403/23/2013

[quote]And no matter how good anybody's doctor is, they can never do anything about the hands. Eh, Madge?

They can, Christie Brinkley got a chemical peel on her hands.

Madge would also look much better if she never started lifting weights and gained some fat to cover her veiny arms.

by Anonymousreply 3503/23/2013

Horrible wig. Horrible. She looks like Simba in the Lion King.

by Anonymousreply 3603/24/2013

Film Society of Lincoln Center.

"Whaddaya mean, honey, a museum?"

by Anonymousreply 3703/24/2013

Ugg . . . she's a fundy.

by Anonymousreply 3803/24/2013

I loved how they got her to present Best Actress (and she even made a comment about causes which Dame Liza rolled her eyes at) when she was essentially just a celeb/sex symbol, that would be like getting Kim Kardashian to present Best Actor at the Oscars today.

by Anonymousreply 3903/24/2013

You will of course seen this, but while the Oscars rebooting for a younger audience with Hathaway/Franco may have an epic fail they did a great youtube channel. Remember the 10 minute actor presentations they had recently?

by Anonymousreply 4003/24/2013

[quote]that would be like getting Kim Kardashian to present Best Actor at the Oscars today.

Do you honestly think that day isn't coming?

by Anonymousreply 4103/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.