Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

PETA is killing animals

They'll get no more of my money!

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2013

But it's an ethical kill!

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

PETA is the worst. Ingrid Newkirk is a front for the ALF. Humane Society is a better place to donate to, or a local no kill shelter. Sadly, no kills do kill sometimes ( I used to work for one) but they do so when they have to. PETA loses their fucking message by trying to do shocking shit like rolling around in fake blood, comparing farming to the holocaust, showing graphic pictures to kids,etc. Watch the Newkirk documentary "I am an Animal" I don't know if it's supposed to make you like her but it didn't work for me.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

[quote]Ingrid Newkirk is a front for the ALF.

Does she eat cats, too???

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

She probably does eat cats but she's no Shumway. ALF is the Animal Liberation Front and she is pretty reverent of them and says she loves getting credited with funding them but that she doesn't. I don't believe her.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

I think we've been over this several times. PETA accept animals that other shelters won't take. The animals they kill are typically near death or in a really bad way. If you're concerned, OP, why don't you contact them and offer to adopt a pet?

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

PETA is such a fucked-up corporation.

They claim that ALL animals are being tortured and should be free. Yes, including pet dogs and cats!

My cat is NOT being "tortured" by living with me, FFS! She eats better than I do, and she doesn't even have to clean up after herself!

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

r6, read r5, Enough with the anti-PETA brigade. Stop being an ignorant sheep.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

On the contrary, R7, it is YOU who is being an ignorant sheep.

YOU are the one who does not know the true extent of PETA's intentions.

Like I said, PETA believes that there should be NO pets on Earth, and that ALL pets (yes, even beloved dogs and cats in North America) are being "tortured" by their captivity.

by Anonymousreply 803/23/2013

I'm a vegan who doesn't support PETA. They've lost their way. Donate to local, no kill shelters who really need your money. PETA doesn't. They're loaded. Okay?

by Anonymousreply 903/23/2013

It's not even the euthanizations that makes me despise PETA. It's their sickening, terroristic behavior. My brother's life was extended by twice his expectancy because of medical advancements and these PETA fuckheads go around blowing up labs, oh sorry the ALF not PETA does it. Fuck them. I don't think cosmetics should be tested on animals and I love animals but I love people more. And yes r9 is right, PETA has more than enough money since every other moron in Hollywood blindly supports them. And people who support PETA because Pink (or whoever) says it's cool are the true sheeple here.

by Anonymousreply 1003/23/2013

This isn't new information. A lot of no-kills do, as well. Both of these facts have been exposed time and again and people just forget and move on. *shrug*

by Anonymousreply 1103/23/2013

A lot of people, including some on this thread, who have this over-the-top hatred for PETA and animal shelters who euthanize remind me of the anti-choice crowd. You talk and talk about loving animals and how "evil" these shelters and PETA are for euthanizing these sick and unwanted pets. Guess what? It's a human problem, not a animal problem. Every single day, people dump their old, unwanted cats and dogs and wipe their hands free of any responsibilities. There are owners who don't spay/neuter their pets and allow them to roam the neighborhood and breed. Others drop their cats off at parks where they, too, will breed.

Shelters work on little funding and limited space. If people were more responsible, these problems would not have come to pass. It's always a human problem.

by Anonymousreply 1203/23/2013

I know that no-kill shelters kill. My issue with PETA is their attitude towards animal testing for medical reasons. They are completely fucking insane about that and blowing up labs (ALF) is terroristic, period. I will never not be convinced that PETA doesn't suck. Oh and their obnoxious holocaust ads are the epitome of offensive.

by Anonymousreply 1303/23/2013

We get it R13 and your other posts, okay? You don't like PETA. Maybe you're a little nutso.

by Anonymousreply 1403/23/2013

r13 perhaps the problem is you. You don't think that the life of animal is as valuable as the life of a human. That's fine. Most people would agree with you. But not everyone thinks the same way. Nature certainly doesn't. In her eyes, all creatures are created equal.

Science and medicine is a human development and a way to exploit the environment and creatures on earth for the benefit of humans.

Some people don't believe that an animal should be sacrificed to save a human. Lab animals live a very miserable existence. Caged, poked and inflicted with pain. That's the reality.

You don't care because you don't think it matter so long as it's not a human being feeling that pain. Rather than focus on ALF or PETA, what does it say about you and your humanity for all living things?

You turn a blind eye on their suffering. Does your brother's life affect them in any way?

by Anonymousreply 1503/23/2013

Have you been on Mars for the last 10 years, OP? This is ancient news.

by Anonymousreply 1603/23/2013

I say we feed PETAns to the pigs. See how much they love them then.

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2013

r17 I say we sentence you to a life with just only humans around. I bet all the murder, rapes, robberies and prejudice would just disappear!

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2013

I look at it this way. If I'm anywhere near a hungry animal, it will eat me. Fair enough. If Im hungry, or need medicine to be tested before I destroy my health by taking it so I know how badly it will do so, then that's fair too.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013

You're not much of a deep thinker are you r19?

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2013

Speak for yourself R20. If your partner you, or your child were dying, you wouldn't care what had to be done to find a cure, or needed meds, so don't peddle your hypocrisy around here, I'm not buying.

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2013

If R20 got sick and was close to death he'd eat live kittens if he thought it would save him. These animal nuts are always hypocrites, and the OP's link only confirms that.

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.