Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Powerball for Saturday is $320 million

If you won, would you still post on Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 3103/24/2013

I bought a ticket last week. Is it for this sat?

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

No, I owuld host a gaggle of twinks and boy toys for a Greco-Roman style orgy out in The Hamptons and screw my life away.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

I have this fear that karma will get back at you for winning such a huge sum of money.

So no thank you. I will be happy with just 2 million:)

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

I fear I'd be too busy travelling around the world first class and furnishing homes in the best cities to post here, but I might squeeze in the odd comment of extreme bitchiness just to keep my hand in.

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

Once the drugs wore off, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

I know me. I would hardly ever leave the house. I'd be on DL all the fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

Same here, r7. I might even send the PTB a check to nix prime time.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

I doubt I would move, I would however spend a month in Paris and divide the funds between the banks of several countries in case one or the other came crashing down.

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

I'd have my Butler do it. I'd call him Bates.

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

I'd buy DL & make it free to everyone all the time -- then I'd post whenever I felt like it.

Which might not be too often, because I'd be busy using the rest of the money to cure cancer while also providing homes for needy cats.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

You're sweet, r11. That is why people like you never win these things. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

Yeah, and if I won, I would even dole out a little to hurting dlers.

Probably set up a post office box and they could send me an overdue bill or two.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

If I win I'll buy DL and donate to r11 so s/he can cure cancer and provide homes for needy cats.

And I'll continue posting and reading constantly, no doubt, but from a warmer climate.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

I'm not buying this time. I NEVER even get one number.

I've started playing games that have better odds...like Fantasy 5.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

[quote]I have this fear that karma will get back at you for winning such a huge sum of money.

"Karma". Wow. Another real thinker.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

No, probably not. I'd host salons in the manner of Stein and Toklas or build an art colony somewhere and make lots of creative friends and become a patron to a few starving artists or writers or composers.

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2013

I'd hire someone with a heavy accent to read posts to me - preferably an old lady from Liechtenstein.

I'd have my ball washer or butt wiper type out my wit and wisdoms.

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2013

Of course, at least for three months after I won. They say after a lottery win, you shouldn't change your behavior for 90 days.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013

I sure would. I'd be posting some of the time from exotic locales though.

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2013

I live in Illinois. It would be made public and it would suck. I'd do my press and get it over with. Pay off debt, get the money tucked away and get away, if that's possible.

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2013

I've often thought I wouldn't change much if I won. I'd switch jobs, but I would stay in the same home, drive the same car, etc. and try to find ways to put the money to good use.

I like the concept of paying off bills for people who need assistance for a few months, because of unemployment or medical problems.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2013

People always say they won't make any changes if they come into tens of millions of dollars overnight.

That's crazy. You'd make changes because you'd have to. A person who just won $200 million in a lump sum couldn't continue going to work. Your coworkers would never leave you alone. You would resent every second of work knowing you don't have to be there. While you were sitting in traffic on your way home, you'd realize that the one thing you really can't buy any more of is time.

You'd also worry that someone would try to kidnap you for ransom. This would be a new risk in your life. Not to mention the number of people who would be at your doorstep with a pitch for assistance.

You'd buy a new car because you'd look at how many safety features are available on a S-Class than on your 2003 Honda Accord. You'd get a new house because your neighbors would find out and then they wouldn't leave you alone and there would always be that skeevy nephew of that widow three houses down who looks at you funny when you drive down the street.

A million bucks and you might not change much. For a hundred times that, your life would be completely different whether you chose that or not.

by Anonymousreply 2403/24/2013

Someone in New Jersey won.

by Anonymousreply 2503/24/2013

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 2603/24/2013

I hope at least it was a poor person and not one of those already rich Jersey fucks.

by Anonymousreply 2703/24/2013

I bought a ticket for fun. I had one number so I won nothing. I only play if it's over $200 million. Anything less is a waste of my time.

by Anonymousreply 2803/24/2013

I could hire someone to post. Meanwhile, I'd provide grants for research into alternative treatments for diseases that did not have to be patented.

by Anonymousreply 2903/24/2013

i won...$4 lol

by Anonymousreply 3003/24/2013

I’d pay Madonna a million bucks to have her sit on my face and have her ride it like the Kentucky Derby.

She should pay me, though.

by Anonymousreply 3103/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.