Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

We're being set up.

Call me paranoid, but I believe we're being set up for a huge fall. And here's why.

Right now there is a globally orchestrated meltdown taking place. The powers that be are robbing us blind, while destroying our freedoms, not to mention our food (Monsanto) and even water supply (corexit and privitization of water). And God only knows what else. If you don't believe it, just take a look at the rising underclass, and the uber-wealthy upper class, the disappearing jobs, erosion of our purchasing power, stagnant wages, austerity measures, the disappearing middle-class, the humongous prison population, drones, unauthorized wars, etc.

At the same time, they're gradually granting us more and more "rights". The repeal of DADT, states legalizing gay marriage...we're more out than ever before.

At the same time, there is already a good percentage of the population who believes homosexual marriage is to blame for everything. So, when the shit really hits the fan, and it will, our ruling masters will need a few scapegoats to take the focus away from them. Who better than the gays? It's not rational. It's not logical. But hate never is, is it?

by Anonymousreply 7503/26/2013

OP I think your tinfoil underwear is on a bit too tight today.

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

At the same time at the same time at the same time at the same time

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

[quote]Call me paranoid,

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

So I guess it's fair to say you're a "glass half empty" type?

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

Eh...I don't know. I'm sure if someone told the Jews that they would become the scapegoats before Hitler came to power, they never would've believed it. Granted, they were already scapegoats to a certain extent, but, then again, so are we.

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

No, R4, not really. I juat have a really good sense when my half-full glass is about to be laced with poison.

If anything, I see my glass as too full.

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

I'm with you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

[quote]No, [R4], not really. I juat have a really good sense when my half-full glass is about to be laced with poison.

That's even worse than seeing it as half empty.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

I do believe we're being set up, but not gays specifically. We're included with the 99% who will be repressed by the 1% global ruling class. Hunger Games society is on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

OP, your observations are spot on. Expect the jerks to come out to demean any serious topic.

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

This was a disappointment. It was a great thread title, but then, it was just a list of the world's problems.

What's next? We're being set up for WHAT?

Details, no "big fall" or "shit hits the fan" cliches!

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

I do think that've real reason Don't Ask Don't Tell was overturned was so we won't be able to get out of being drafted by saying we are gay...

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

I agree with you R9, in that everyone will suffer; however, some, like the gays and perhaps, the Muslims may suffer more for being specifically targeted. African Americans are already targeted through the system, and have been since the beginning. They went from one type of slavery to another. The new Jim Crow started when Nixon instituted the "war on drugs". It's really a war on poverty and African Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

I totally agree, R12. But as always, it's spun to make us believe we're getting something, and to make everyone else believe that as well. With all of the wars going on, they need as many bodies as they can get.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

Ironically, you want to believe that "they" are out to destroy you because it comforts you to believe that someone is actually in control.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

What R9 said. It's important that we realize that ultimately it's all about class. It's the top 1-2% versus the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

Replace gays with "Poor people, especially those of color" and I think you're on to something. Most people are already okay with taking away their rights to have children. Or putting them in jail for stuff that white people (especially rich white people) do every day.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2013

R16, it's really the top ONE-TENTH of one percent against the rest of us. They have the majority of the wealth, therefore, the majority of the control and power.

Someone making $300,000 per year is included in the 1%. They don't have any power, although, they may be better off than most.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2013

Erm, OP? You're about 5 years late with this news.

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2013

It's funny OP, I almost posted a thread with the same title about the leaked GWB paintings. Why would someone hack the email of a former president, just to expose his amateur art? Why not use your hacking skills to get useful information? It seems to me that is some sort of carefully orchestrated effort to rehabilitate his image by portraying him as the victim of bullies. I know my first reaction when I heard about it, was that I thought it seemed kind of petty to mock someone's hobby, even if I despise the man. Especially since it comes on the heels of both his father and brother publicly defending his presidency.

by Anonymousreply 2003/22/2013

and paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 2103/22/2013

Black Sabbath called it, son. You're "Paranoid."

by Anonymousreply 2203/22/2013

Wasn't there a study about the long term use of Ogilvie home perms and the permanent brain damage it caused?

by Anonymousreply 2303/22/2013

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me, OP. I've been expecting something like this since I first heard of Jerry Falwell, in 1979 or 1980.

by Anonymousreply 2403/22/2013

Circle of Life.

by Anonymousreply 2503/22/2013

I can't tell if OP is actually hoping for dark riders on horses slaying sissies in the street, or Stepford Republican Nazis rounding us up and putting us in prison camps where we meet the loves of our lives and die tragic deaths, but not before forming a gay men's chorus hoping Glenn Close will show up to join us inside our little paradise road.

Whatever the case, OP should get to work on barricading the closet he's in.

by Anonymousreply 2603/22/2013

Why would you say he's HOPING for this, R26?

by Anonymousreply 2703/22/2013

If they were smart enough to think of this diabolical plan, OP, they are smart enough not to be actually antigay.

by Anonymousreply 2803/22/2013

I so hope you're right, R28, but given the way they've acted for as long as I can remember...

by Anonymousreply 2903/22/2013

In the past year or so, I have come to realize that one of the deepest threads running through the Republicans/Tea Party is a profound sense of conspiracy theorsism. Posts like this make me also realize that you dont have to be a tea partier to be prone to conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 3003/22/2013

What exactly is the "fall" you're expecting? Isn't a collapsed economy fall enough?

by Anonymousreply 3103/22/2013

The economy is in the doldrums and has been for years. 2 incomes instead of one and then massive usage of credit cards propped up the US economy. That is done for now. Medical costs will be huge.

by Anonymousreply 3203/22/2013

R28, half of them are GAY! Maybe even more than that, but they don't care about gays any more than they care about anyone else. It's all about control, power, and money. If you're not an A-GAY, you're as good as road-kill in their eyes.

So, it's not about being anti-gay. It's about using whatever they can to divide and conquer us. What most do not understand is that they don't look at the 99% as human beings. We are commodities, and once we're no longer useful, we're disposable.

by Anonymousreply 3303/22/2013

I honestly don't think the economy is going to improve. We're seeing the first of the baby boomers retire, and drain on social security and pension systems will continue for the next 25 years. Most people who have any sort of retirement plan have 401Ks, and the markets are not going to provide sufficient returns to allow people to retire. Jobs will continue to disappear. China's economy is on the brink of collapse, meaning say goodbye to low prices and the Walmart culture of disposable/replaceable crap. Everything will cost more. We're truly fucked, and I don't see a way out. It doesn't matter who is in office.

by Anonymousreply 3403/22/2013

We're being set up to become a society of walls and guns.

Walled off and barbed wired gated communities for the rich, "guarding" them against the massive slums of the poor.

Visit Mexico City or Johannesburg and see how people there live, that is essentially America's future.

by Anonymousreply 3503/22/2013

He's no straight, she's no lez

But they only do, what their mommy says.

by Anonymousreply 3603/22/2013

R26, can I just say I live for people like you! Thank you for your service x

by Anonymousreply 3703/22/2013

I just watched this video of a guy who tracked the border fence between US and Mexico and was shocked to find out how completely open it is.

He interviewed American CITIZENS in Brownville Texas living between the border fence and Mexico...outside the U.S. and there is NOTHING they can do about it. Not only that, once the fence went up, all of the security apparatus was removed, including the border patrol. They're totally on their own. Oh, they're told to go inside when they see snipers in the trees because there is about to be a drug crossing.

Then, when they complain to DHS they're told they must sacrifice for the good of America. If they try to attend the local meetings, they're told it's only for important people. And IF they get inside, they're not allowed to talk.

There is no doubt in my mind that the drug cartels in Mexico are all a part of a larger agenda. 120,000 murders since 2006 and most are related to drug cartels. That violence is coming here to destabilize the US.

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2013

OP is partially right, but we're the distraction not the scapegoat. Social issues have long been used to confound the masses from more sinister and powerful policies. While we do back-and-forth about gay rights, abortion and soon marijuana, the corporate overlords are busy putting things like the Trans-Pacific Partnership in place.

Oh, you haven't heard of it? I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 4003/22/2013

R27, because if it's not an EST or an hysteric, the attention for this little drama is exactly what it sounds like he wants -- he "good old days" when persecution was a badge of honour, not the future when the sky doesn't fall and we're actually going to have freedom and equality.

Let's face it -- the line between acknowledging true suffering and turning it into a good play or movie is a thin one. Or a bent one. See the link.

R37, you're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 4103/22/2013

R20 I somewhat agree. On another forum someone posted that Hillary getting her email account hacked was an inside job to clean up her image about Benghazi. I don't know but I am surprised so many still have AOL accounts.

by Anonymousreply 4203/22/2013

R41, I'm glad your bubble hasn't burst, but more and more Americans are waking up to the American nightmare that's replacing the dream that never was.

Maybe you're special and you'll avoid the fallout, but most of us won't. So, go back to sleep and enjoy your fantasy life. You're either an A-GAY, or a deluded one.

by Anonymousreply 4303/22/2013

Oh, I agree, R40. We're most certainly are the distraction, but we will BECOME the scapegoat. I know all about the TPP, as well as all of the other very important issues the mainstream media never discusses.

Trans-Pacific Partnership

National Defense Authorization Act

Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, the cyberspying bill

The globalization of never ending drone warfare

The every growing “surveillance-industrial complex”

Toxic Bayou Corne sinkhole in Louisiana

The continued use of Corexit in the Gulf, which is poisoning the water supply. Because all water is just a cycling of evapotranspiration to condensation to aerial water storage to precipitation to groundwater infiltration and runoff--so they're poisoning the hydrologic cycle--and beyond that. Then, there is legislation at both the federal and local levels in many places to make storage of rainwater illegal; read the accounts of people who have been fined and jailed for doing it.

and I could go on and on about what the media does not cover, but you get the point.

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2013

R43 did you read the entire OP scenario or are you just a dolt?

The OP is not just saying that the economy will collapse, it's a long winding tale that ends with the persecution of gay people, on the theory that we're being given rights just to set us up to be persecuted.

That's what R26 / R41 is focusing on, the gay paranoia.

And he's dead on. The OP is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 4503/22/2013

r45 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 4603/22/2013

As I was reading It, I kept thinking, where have I seen this kind of creative delusional paranoia before, and then I remembered.

It's Rose Nylund "I Want to Live" ....

by Anonymousreply 4703/22/2013

"You're not very good in a crisis, are you, Rose?"

Love it. Thanks R47. You too R46.

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2013

R35 - sounds like a wee slice of heaven!

by Anonymousreply 4903/22/2013

OP's "fear" is hands-down the worst "we can't get married" explanation ever.

Your boyfriend isn't going to buy it OP.

What do you think is going to happen OP? You get married and as you step outside of the church the stock market collapses and Sarah Palin shoots you right there on the church steps?

At least buy a tux and say you got hives.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2013

What R50? I never said "we can't get married"...ever. I'd get married in a heartbeat if I had someone to marry.

by Anonymousreply 5103/23/2013

Gee, I am so shocked OP has no one to marry. Men are knocking down the doors to find a guy with a convoluted, negative and disproportionate view of history and human life.

by Anonymousreply 5203/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 5303/23/2013

The most skeptical will begin to open their eyes this summer when massive droughts lead to food shortages.

In 2015, I believe it will become obvious to all as the stock market and the American dollar loses it's value-eventually so steeply that our country will accept the "new currency."

The porous border with Mexico and the increase in lawless drug cartel violence is a purposeful scheme to give the U.S. coverage to "restore order." This will soon result in the first great merger of the eventual North American Union. Central America will quickly fall in line. Seizing/Coercing the Caribbean Islands will probably be our first priority as the U.S. will raid the wealth of tax havens to pay our national expenses-particularly the debt/deficit.

The wild card is Canada.

1) Because it "doesn't need us."

2) Because the North Polar Region will "The New Middle East." Canada, The US (Alaska), Russia, Finland, Norway and Denmark (Greenland) will battle over sovereignty issues of the oil-rich unfrozen Arctic Ocean. I feel the U.K. will seek stronger Commonwealth ties with Canada in order to have a stake in this new "Gold Rush." Canada will likely reciprocate in order to strengthen it's position as an independent nation. I wonder if perhaps Canada might even be allowed membership in the European Union, due to that Commonwealth status.

The Middle East, by this time, will be largely ignored as their oil runs dry and they are no longer needed. I believe they will be disarmed-except for Israel and possibly Turkey (if it is accepted into the European Union.)

Before a global government is attempted, large regional unions will likely be put in place I order to more smoothly facilitate this transition.

Africa, I'm afraid, will steadily depopulate due to AIDS and diseases (including HIV and sterilization drugs) administered on a mass scale by groups such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The elite will justify this by reasoning that the Congo Rainforest, Savannah and all remaining wilderness areas must be protected to preserve some stabilization of the global climate and halt the desertification that will increase dramatically in the next few years.

I think it's obvious what lies ahead for South America due to an Argentinian Pope.

I don't expect an increase of hostility against gays. It would stand to reason that people seen as foreigners who will actually be fellow members of these large unions will be the cause of friction-politically and culturally.

These are just extrapolations, of course. Only some of my "best guesses." But, I thought it would be okay to share them in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 5403/23/2013

Dude, you're bogarting the joint again.

by Anonymousreply 5503/23/2013

Roy, we will have to wait and see about that. 2015 is right around the corner. Are all of these events going to happen at once, trap door style? If I'm honest, I think you've laid out a plot that would occur over the course of 100 years or more. Still, good to read a thoughtful if a bit doom-y reply.

by Anonymousreply 5603/23/2013

Dude, you're bogarting that joint again.

by Anonymousreply 5703/23/2013

My life is shit and it's all THEIR fault!!

I want to be rich and famous but I'm not because THEY'RE not allowing it!!

It's the secret world government! It's the Jews! It's the Illuminati! It's the Freemasons! It's the Vatican! It's Queen Elizabeth! They've all conspired to keep me down!

by Anonymousreply 5803/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 5903/23/2013

How's that chip in your head, op?

by Anonymousreply 6003/23/2013

This is all to distract and lull us for when our Lizard Overlords from Beta Reticuli arrive in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 6103/23/2013

OP, could you define "we" and "they" more specifically? If perhaps you mean "they" as the Chinese (hacking) and "we" as- the rest of the world, starting with the US: I would agree.

by Anonymousreply 6203/23/2013

If there is a big economic collapse, and things get worse, people and politicians will be looking for a scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 6303/23/2013

'twas always thus. They used to control us with religion (and in many places they still do) but now they control us with money.

Eat, drink, be happy, die.

by Anonymousreply 6403/23/2013

R54 is dead on.

It's not going to take 100 years. I'd be surprised if it takes more than two years.

by Anonymousreply 6503/24/2013

My belief is that they know an asteroid will hit soon so they don't care if we pay back our debts.

by Anonymousreply 6603/24/2013

I agree with other posters who see the signs that we as the 99% are being set up. Not just the gays. There will be some 'faux' apocalyptic catastrophy that gives the 1% and their hand picked slaves the reason to retreat to their hideouts while the rest of us is getting at each others' throats for the little resources the 1% left behind. Maybe there are even surveillance cameras where the 1% enjoys watching the rest of the world fighting for survival.

Unfortunately I see that happen in my lifetime. So I better become one of the 1% real quick or join some self sufficient commune which already stocked up on food, and other supplies.

But most importantly I need to learn some skill that can be of use for me and others when the global acopalypse changed the world we are living in.

by Anonymousreply 6703/24/2013

Read Eustace Mullins' History of the Fed. You'll understand what a sham this is

by Anonymousreply 6803/24/2013

It's really frightening how many of you crackpots walk loose among us.

by Anonymousreply 6903/24/2013

Dear [R58],

If the grown-ups talking on this thread isn't your cup of tea,maybe there's a fun bio. of Katy Perry,or a Dance Moms marathon you could stare at? Also,shut the fuck up! Mmmkay?

Constantly astounded by the number of morons within the gay demographic. Seriously,just gas yourself.

by Anonymousreply 7003/24/2013

in the past it was fear of commies and nuclear war. Before that it was fear of Indians. Before that it was fear of witches or something else. We have always lived in fear, it's part of the human psyche.

You just have to go on with your life and when the shit comes down, THEN you worry about it.

by Anonymousreply 7103/24/2013

Meow, pussies, meow.

by Anonymousreply 7203/24/2013

Good point R15 - much like religion for example.

by Anonymousreply 7303/25/2013

On the news this evening,it seems the court is leaning towards not hearing the California case at all. They don't want to do this now. I hate the SCOTUS right now. Rachel Maddow called Scalia a troll,a couple of weeks ago on the Daily Show. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 7403/26/2013

I don't think the part about the ruling elite is crazy it's always been there. Cronyism. But it's worse now because no one stops it, no one protests. There was a story about the '90s when the US govt encouraged businesses to set up abroad to pay off debts (I forget how that scheme works exactly.)

The gay stuff is easy to sell and insures left wing votes even as they send drones into Yemen, and can wire-tap and lock up US citizens without trials for protesting against US policy.

In other words the gay issue is a crowd pleasing smoke screen. At least for the right kind of crowd. And over all people are a lot more tolerant of gays than ever. But that doesn't mean we are freer.

by Anonymousreply 7503/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!