Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jessica Vs. Gwyneth: Alba Says She’s ‘Much More Grounded’ Than Paltrow

[quote]"Gwyneth Paltrow probably lives a very similar lifestyle, but I didn't grow up with a bunch of money, so my tips are much more grounded: Repurposing things and making things at home." She said that her book is an honest description of how she handles her life, without the perks of being a successful actress.

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2013

I don't think this is the place for this thread. This belongs on a straight women gossip blog.

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

Alba's just annoying. I hate any celebrity that pulls that "I-grew-up-poor" routine. Paltrow's lack of self-awareness has given me many hours of comedic pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

Please, Alba, don't make me side with Goop. She can't help that she was born to wealth.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

In other news, the sun rises in the east and most of the Jonas Brothers are gay.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

Celebrity Death Match! I don't like either of them so no loss.

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

Wait, Alba wrote a book? I didn't even know she could read.

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

They both suck, but Jessie is correct on this one.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

Gwyneth's advice is only for the top 1%. It's time one of her peers called her out on it.....

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

Will Goop stop fighting with her clothes hangers long enough to hear Jessica's slam?

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

Neither of them are anything approaching "grounded," but arguing that Paltrow can't help being born rich is kind of stupid, r3. She can certainly help constantly opening her idiot mouth and blathering about her idiot opinions, just as Alba can. That's what people find irritating, not the circumstances in which she was born. Because let's face it, her dad was a second string director and her mom was a second string actress--she grew up in affluence, not wealth. The girls she went to Brearley and Spence with had wealth, and were the ones who exposed her to a lifestyle of real privilege before her parents' connections bought her a career in the entertainment industry. This whole WASPy rich girl image is entirely affected, and she's a bad divorce and some successful shilling away from it all falling apart. That explains her increasingly desperate clawing at the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

I can't stand either of them, but take issue with Jessica Alba saying that she lives a similar lifestyle as Gwynneth. Gwynneth moves in far bigger circles than Jessica Alba can ever dream of. She has homes in NYC, LA and London. Married to a rock star. Oscar and Emmy winner. She wins.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

No Jess wins. Look at the hilarious side by side pic of them. Goop is a sea creature next to her.

Alba may have no talent whatsoever, but looks wise I always thought she was perfection.

That Into the Blue thing or whatever it was called with her male counterpart Paul Walker was eye candy city. It's no wonder Taylor Lautner chose her as his dream girl, she's so hot even the gays can see the appeal.

And dead @ that comment about her not being born into money. Zing!

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

At least she's honest. Nobody could ever accuse Jessica of being a successful actress.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

At least I can name a few of the movies Goopy has been in, and can say I liked some of them. Yes, she's a pretentious twat who we love to hate, but that's her thing. What exactly is Jessica Alba known for? A commercial in which she's not even convincing as the mother of her own child?

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

Isn't it rather pretentious for someone like Jessica Alba to write a book?

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

Jessica may be hot, but the smugness and self- adoration and blatant stuck-upidness that emanate from her eyes make me LOATHE HER.

She's an egomaniacal, repellant cunt, and that's all I see when I look at her.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2013

R12 She never had to work for any of that. Spielberg was a good family friend. She swiped a script off of Winona's table for the role that won her an oscar. Not hard work.

Alba is boring and vacant, but she at least worked for the career she had.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2013

[quote]without the perks of being a successful actress

never even nominated

by Anonymousreply 2003/22/2013

R1, are you fucking nuts?

A no-talent slut versus the Queen of All Ego, with the former calling out the latter for being coddled and phony?

Please. It's gay catnip.

by Anonymousreply 2103/22/2013

Jessica Alba is an undocumented worker. Pass it on....

by Anonymousreply 2203/22/2013

R21, don't set our bar so low. It would be "catnip" if it was Martha Stewart in this pissing match. Alba makes it more like "cat piss". You lose.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2013

You can make your point without calling me stupid, R11.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2013

[quote] Jessica Vs. Gwyneth: Alba Says She’s ‘Much More Grounded’ Than Paltrow

don't fight ladies, you're both awful

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!