Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Planning the spring garden

I am ready to plant. Still a month early for many things but have the beds and pots ready.

I have gophers, so raise some things in containers. I buy the plastic tubs everyone stores things in and put holes in the bottom.

Planted my kale yesterday, winterbor is the variety I found. It grows to 4 feet and is winter hardy. I am growing that in containers and will also plant chard in containers.

Many things I no longer bother with but plan on carrots or parsnips, fingerling potatoes, green beans and cucumbers, all in containers.

I have various varieties of corn for the beds, tomatoes both in containers and the ground

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

Are we supposed to respond if we're ready for gardening too, or were we just supposed to read about your excitement?

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

[R2] I apologize for the thread. You would have to tell me why YOU read it. Ignore it please, I get it. Back to your muzzy.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

And there is R1 doing what the R1 traditionally does.

OP, I loved hearing about what you're doing...but I personally have no desire to plant and grow. More power to you. I'm sure you'll have a lovely garden this year.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

Please do keep us informed, inexcruciating detail.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

You're farther ahead than I, and I have three acres to deal with, a pool to open, and a fountain to open along with the mulching and the landscaping. I also need to pull all of the gazebo drapes out from storage, and damn, the outdoor furniture is all stored....this late spring is killing me, and I've got a case of the lazy.

My bulbs planted last Fall are looking happy though!

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.