Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Planning the spring garden

I am ready to plant. Still a month early for many things but have the beds and pots ready.

I have gophers, so raise some things in containers. I buy the plastic tubs everyone stores things in and put holes in the bottom.

Planted my kale yesterday, winterbor is the variety I found. It grows to 4 feet and is winter hardy. I am growing that in containers and will also plant chard in containers.

Many things I no longer bother with but plan on carrots or parsnips, fingerling potatoes, green beans and cucumbers, all in containers.

I have various varieties of corn for the beds, tomatoes both in containers and the ground

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

Are we supposed to respond if we're ready for gardening too, or were we just supposed to read about your excitement?

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

[R2] I apologize for the thread. You would have to tell me why YOU read it. Ignore it please, I get it. Back to your muzzy.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

And there is R1 doing what the R1 traditionally does.

OP, I loved hearing about what you're doing...but I personally have no desire to plant and grow. More power to you. I'm sure you'll have a lovely garden this year.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

Please do keep us informed, inexcruciating detail.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

You're farther ahead than I, and I have three acres to deal with, a pool to open, and a fountain to open along with the mulching and the landscaping. I also need to pull all of the gazebo drapes out from storage, and damn, the outdoor furniture is all stored....this late spring is killing me, and I've got a case of the lazy.

My bulbs planted last Fall are looking happy though!

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!