Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Phil Donahue On MSNBC Firing: Chris Matthews Was 'Threatened' By Me

Phil Donohue is the best. I wish he were still on television.

Video:

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

I despise Chris Matthews.

He's also a Warren Commission shill.

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2013

Phil had a great show on MSNBC several years ago. It was highly rated, and Phil was very much against going to war in Iraq. Phil's opinion was not popular at the time when Bush was lying to us about "weapons of mass destruction."

Despite his high ratings, his show was canceled. And yes, Chris Matthews was threatened that Donohue would eclipse him.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

Chris Matthews was threatened that Donohue would become the person most identified with MSNBC.

Ironically, all these years later, while Matthews' show is popular, he has been eclipsed by Rachel Maddow both in ratings and as the face of MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

Cable news has shown they don't care about ratings. They will fire you regardless. Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, Rick Sanchez, Dylan Rattigan, Phil Donahue, Keith Olbermann and soon to be Ed Schultz have all been fired because they held views that cable news didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

Phil Donahue would be a perfect fit on the MSNBC of today. Donahue is a sharp and erudite man who always seems to be ahead of his time. I would rather watch him over Chris Matthews any day.

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

That clip really changed my view of Chris Matthews. What a petulant little cunt.

Oh, and by the way, R4:

- Rick Sanchez was fired for saying something bigoted

- Keith Olbermann quit because he's an egomaniacal asshole

- Ed is still with MSNBC, but he's moving to Saturday evenings

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

Ummm....

Glenn Beck is a crying, blubbering retard.

No one liked Rick Sanchez. He, in fact, made my skin crawl.

Too many people knew Olbermann was a douche.

Schultz is an obese blowhard. He's hard to look at, much less listen to.

Same goes for Chrissy. Can't wait until he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

Chris Matthews had to put up with Keith Olbermann for a long time.

During election night and primaries nightly coverage, Keith was the appointed main host and main moderator while Chris Matthews was one of the analysts.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

MSNBC would fit in perfectly on MSNBC today. However, they would never hire him because he'd be looked at as too old. But he's smarter than almost everyone on television.

I think Phil Donohue is great. I wish he'd come back to TV--even MSNBC for at least once a week, maybe on the weekend like Ed Schultz will be doing in the evening or Melissa Harris-Perry on weekend mornings.

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

[quote]During election night and primaries nightly coverage, Keith Olbermann was the appointed main host and main moderator while Chris Matthews was one of the analysts.

And now Rachel Maddow holds court front and center among the men on election night, and Chris Matthews is still one of the analysts--and not the lead.

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

I miss Phil's daytime show so much. The only thing better than Donahue was Phil Hartman playing Donahue.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

This story really paints Chris Matthews in a poor light. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

Chris Matthews has aged dramatically in 10 years.

It's incredible how much younger he looked 10 yrs ago.

I think the stress of a daily TV show - he even has a show on Sunday too - has drastically taken a toll on his health and well-being.

I know he has diabetes so maybe that combined with the stress of daily TV have not been good for him health-wise and looks-wise.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.