Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you or your loved one smoke?

In my family, my father smokes. He's been smoking for years and has tried to quit various ways but failed. Ya. Thank god, I didn't pick up the habit.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013

I'm a smoker. My mother and all the mothers in the 50s smoked and drank through their pregnancies. Nothing happened. Sure it's a filthy habit for some people but I've always enjoyed it. My father never smoked and never complained, even in Winter with the car windows rolled up. The worst critics are ex-smokers who finally conquered their habits and can't figure out why no one else can.

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2013

My Mother quite smoking last year. She had too because she was having difficulty breathing. After it got to the point she couldn't walk across the room without getting worn out she finally went the hospital and was told she has COPD. The nurse said there was no cure and it was only going to get worse. We all thought- this is it, she's going to need a wheelchair and an iron lung or something.

But the situation put the fear of god in her and she finally quit smoking. Turns out she did get better.

She's doing much better now - even at her age she's healthier than she's ever been. Just the site of Mom buying her own groceries was wonderful to behold. She regrets having to wait till it was that bad to quit.

So people, flame away about your awesome independence and smoking 'rights' but if you want to have a life after 60- just quit now, while you still have your health. Believe me, most people are NOT like r2s family, it will only get worse if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2013

My Mother quite smoking last year

QUIT. She QUIT, sorry..

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.