Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just don't like beyonce

Her music sucks, her dance moves are weird. She isn't pretty. She's just an all-around unlikeable person. I have no idea what the hype is about.

by Anonymousreply 13008/04/2015

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2013

R2, look a an old pic of Beyonce , say before 2003, she looks very average.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2013

The line starts back here, kid.

by Anonymousreply 403/21/2013

And you're just figuring this out? She's the phoniest phony ever. Hate her.

by Anonymousreply 503/21/2013

I watched Obsession on BET today because I don't like basketball. I was surprised by how ordinary and unremarkable she looked. Bags under her eyes, bad weave, dead eyes. And the acting was just as rough. The movie is a mess but at least I had fun listing how many words she mispronounced. Ask is ass. Just is juss. Assed for asked. Mah for my. Is for it's. Yore for your.It went on and on. What a dumb hick.

by Anonymousreply 703/21/2013

put me on the list

by Anonymousreply 803/21/2013

I think she's a good entertainer, but she seems like she would be prissy and boring in real life.

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

attractive she ain't

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

Paging BeyBot

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

Her new single, "Bow Down Bitches" isn't helping her either.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

People accuse Britney of being all marketing hype but (just see that other thread) but Beyonce has never truly been able to connect with an audience without the help of massive amounts of pr. There is no "there" there.

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

OMG... that photoshop might beat Rosie's for best EVER!

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

She's not a great singer like an Aretha or Whitney. I hate her whiny voice.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2013

If you want to see some serious Beyonce hatin', go to urban blog Hollywood Street

The people there will say nothing but horrible things about her all day everyday. They genuinely believe that she and Shawn Carter are satanic.

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2013

You can say her music sucks (tastes vary) but she is undoubtedly beautiful and a good dancer. Her dances have become part of culture. Give it up, OP. There are much less talented people you can hate on.

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2013

Her dancing is mediocre, she doesn't choreograph either. Pre-nosejob, she was average. Her entire look is pretty fake. Fake hair, looking much lighter even right after being in the sun during a vacation (that's bleaching folks). She's ghetto and no amount of money will change that. She's what 30? She's had laugh lines for year, I'm sure she'll start on fillers soon.

by Anonymousreply 2003/22/2013

She's also ignorant. Ever hear her speak?

Fantasia just might be more educated and refined than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 2203/22/2013

racist! racist! La,la,la,la,la....

by Anonymousreply 2303/22/2013

[quote]People accuse Britney of being all marketing hype but (just see that other thread) but Beyonce has never truly been able to connect with an audience without the help of massive amounts of pr. There is no "there" there.

Oh, look, it's britbot!

by Anonymousreply 2403/22/2013

Her old dance teacher will be the first to tell you she wasn't the greatest of dancers, although she wasn't hopeless. When the dance teacher heard Beyonce sing she encouraged her to go in that direction. I remember this because it surprised me Beyonce had ever had dance lessons at all. She's a very jerky, stilted dancer. She has rhythm but not an iota of grace.

by Anonymousreply 2503/22/2013

r2 could not be more correct or reasonable.

Beyonce is not a lot of things, but not pretty is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 2603/22/2013

You people are insane. She's beautiful, and her dancing is breathtaking and I love her voice. Did you ever see her SNL performance? Perfect. The footage someone shot on their phone and put on youtube of her rehearsing a cappella in her dressing room before she performed on American Idol? Just watch those and if you still think as you do, I won't argue, there will be no convincing.

by Anonymousreply 2703/22/2013

Never liked her. Much prefer Solange. At least she seems to know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 2803/22/2013

R27, Beyonce never goes anywhere without her full Photoshop.

by Anonymousreply 2903/22/2013

I used to like her and her music, but in recent years her voice and music has become lame and her dance moves are incredibly cheap. I will remember her as the shallow low brow celeb who dared to lip-sync at the presidential inauguration. That's all

by Anonymousreply 3003/22/2013

Her stinking rich ugly husband is the epitome of overrated. His career is fading too since he is working with insufferable douche bags like Timberfake now.

by Anonymousreply 3103/22/2013

Her husband really is ugly. I'm sorry, but he is.

by Anonymousreply 3203/22/2013

I like her music, but I think she's a vapid cunt with few redeeming qualities.

by Anonymousreply 3303/22/2013

I don't hate her, I just don't think about her. She's pretty enough, and she is another one of these marketing phenoms. Destiny's Child would've been a forgettable girl group except they decided to market Beyonce, using sex as a hook, in an in your face way with a lot a glitz and hype.

She's an entertainer. From what I've heard she puts on a good show. Seeing it won't change your life. Her choreography is mediocre but it works for her. When I compare her to someone like say, Pink, who puts on an amazing concert, there is no comparison.

Beyonce sings catchy tunes that are very commercial and whoever designed her entire program of appeal needs to be the one who is lionized. She just shows up.

by Anonymousreply 3403/22/2013

OP, believe me - you're not the only one who doesn't like her. She's a year older than me, so I've had to hear about this dumb bitch ever since I was in high school when she was in Destiny's Child.

I guess the black community just likes her as their token black girl since she's bleached out and weaved out. Just like with Diana, Janet, and Mariah - they seem to prefer light skinned black female singers. They've never supported someone that looks like Grace Jones.

by Anonymousreply 3503/22/2013

Yes, but of all those you mentioned Mariah has real talent. Serious vocal abilities. Mariah has an amazing voice. Beyonce can't touch Mariah.

I put Beyonce on the same level as JLo. Neither will overwhelm you with vocal talent. Except IMO, JLo is a much better dancer. Better actress too.

by Anonymousreply 3603/22/2013

R36 Mariah Carey can't sing live. She is the product of studio techniques and an excessive PR machine. At least Beyonce was able to sing live during her early career.

by Anonymousreply 3703/22/2013

Because it's been at least 20 minutes since you all got to vent your spleens on the last Beyonce hate thread.

by Anonymousreply 3803/22/2013

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3903/22/2013

Good for you OP want a jar full of freshly baked chocolate cookies for not liking a popular singer? You don't like her don't listen to her, support her or buy her music.

by Anonymousreply 4003/22/2013

Her dancing looks like she's trying to beat up a little person with her ass.

by Anonymousreply 4103/22/2013

Her voice grates on my nerves, so much that I've never actually been able to watch her long enough to know if she's a good dancer or not. As an actress, I've only seen her in Dreamgirls. She's pretty, but not beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4203/22/2013

R21. Help me understand. If you don't like someone that is black you are automatically a racist?

by Anonymousreply 4303/22/2013

It's sad that she started bleaching her skin and wearing copious amount of blonde wigs/weaves. She now looks Latina/white

I liked beyonce in the early days of her career when she was black and singing with DC

by Anonymousreply 4403/22/2013

She still had a nosejob in those early DC days. Solange is actually better looking.

by Anonymousreply 4503/22/2013

Have you told your mother, OP?

by Anonymousreply 4603/22/2013

I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs, and I probably wouldn't recognize her if I passed her on the street. She's kind of a non-entity to me.

by Anonymousreply 4703/22/2013

I think all the black awful singer princesses are in freefall with their sales these days.

Rihanna is probably the tops but her last album did not sell all that well, she reached #1 with Unapologetic but only 238k, so...who knows how many it's sold now.

Something will take their place, I'm hearing that they want to promote rock music again and I'm really hoping they do.

by Anonymousreply 4803/22/2013

One thing you can say about her: bitch can dance in heels!

by Anonymousreply 4903/22/2013

[quote]You can say a lot of things about her, but you can't say that she isn't pretty. Because she is.

No, no, she's not. Not without a ton of help from hair and makeup, that is.

Just look at Dreamgirls, Beyonce is absolutely hideous in that film. Jennifer Hudson, otoh, is naturally pretty.

by Anonymousreply 5003/22/2013

I am the first person under 50 posting on this thread. You queens are really out of touch, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 5103/22/2013

As much as she gets slammed for being fake, she has kept her unintelligible southern ghetto accent. Unsure if she's too stupid for elocution lessons or if it's her way of keeping it real.

by Anonymousreply 5203/22/2013

Look, Britney Spears tries to be genuine, and she's not fake. So, before you start saying, "Oh, look at the Britney Bot" don't assume that you know everybody, and their motives.

by Anonymousreply 5303/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 5403/22/2013

She wuz in mah houze? Wit mah CHILE?

by Anonymousreply 5503/22/2013

[quote]Her stinking rich ugly husband is the epitome of overrated. His career is fading too since he is working with insufferable douche bags like Timberfake now.

You are right about Jay-Zzzzz, but totally wrong about Justin Timberlake....did you hear his new album? It's phenomenal.

What bothers me about Jay-Zzzzz (besides getting rich for having no talent) is his involvement with the illuminati. I hope it's false rumors, but we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 5603/22/2013

r49 that's not dancing that's gyrating her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 5703/22/2013

Jennifer Hudson is ugly as sin. Beyonce could actually look decent if she toned down that ridiculous hip/ass thing she's got going on. It looks good on some women, but not her; not to mention the trying-extra-hard way she walks. Her voice is, and has always been, rotten. Disgusting technique, if you can call it that.

However, she really is an amzing dancer in my opinion. She has mastered the art of replicating anything that moves (better than her). That's the only thing one can't deny her.

by Anonymousreply 5803/22/2013

Her "dancing" consists of stomping around and wiggling her hips. Big deal.

She's a wannabe Tina Turner, but Tina actually had good songs that are still remembered today.

by Anonymousreply 5903/22/2013

Stop. Beyond has presence. And star quality. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 6003/22/2013

R60, there will always be those that like a particular person and those that don't. I never liked beyonce for anything except her dancing...btw - I feel the same about elvis as everyone on this thread does about beyonce. It's life and we are all entitled to our opinions.

by Anonymousreply 6103/22/2013

Of COURSE OP can say Beyonce isn't pretty; "pretty" is subjective. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I agree; I don't see it either. Perhaps Destiny's Child was interesting when it first started; rendolent of The Supremes for some people? Kinda, sorta?

I would give Beyonce props for work ethic, discipline, making something of herself. And she's probably not any more deluded than other entertainers in thinking she's "all that." (and a documentary???? "Mary!" doesn't begin to say it!

SHe was pretty good in "Dreamgirls", too.

by Anonymousreply 6303/22/2013

I don't know if I would dislike her as much if we were not bombarded by her kamikaze P.R, machine on a daily basis. Just today, in the New York Daily News, there is a page long article written by their idiot music critic, Jim Farber, about Rush Limbaugh's comment that her newest single is anti-feminist. Not in the entertainment section of the paper, mind you, but the second page. Of course, it was accompanied by a photo of her doing a shoot for H&M in the Bahamas. Enough with this bitch! I hope she runs into a few of those Big Pimpin' bitches JayZzz was so fond of hanging with when he went there with his niggas.

by Anonymousreply 6403/22/2013

anybody read online the rumors she and Jayz are Satanists?

by Anonymousreply 6503/22/2013

R64, I agree. A day of peace would be nice. If she is, R65, more power to her, but could she please do it where no one can bear witness to it. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 6603/22/2013

I can't believe someone is seriously trying to claim that Mariah was the "product of studio techniques." Bitch could definitely sing live back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 6703/22/2013

Beyonce's face has no bone structure. She's done the best she can with it but she's by no means a classic beauty. Her sister got all the looks and talent in that family.

Beyonce is also similar to Madonna in that she's incapable of anything approaching vulnerability. She's completely hard boiled.

She had a few good pop tunes with Destiny's like Independent Women and Bootylicious (I hope Stevie Nicks made a ton in royalties off of that) but most her solo stuff is eminently forgettable. Her solo career consists of Crazy In Love and a novelty hen party song. Her success is mostly based on PR overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 6803/23/2013

She has regressed musically. Her first album was her best. Crazy in Love & Naughty Girl are R&B/dancefloor classics and Dangerously in Love and Me, Myself, & I are timeless slow jams. None of her later offerings measure up in quality. Single Ladies sounds like a playground jumprope chant. It's supposed to be her most successful song but it's such a shitty tune.

by Anonymousreply 6903/23/2013

Well R69 and that just proves my point: if my life depended on it I couldn't tell you what those other songs sound like.

by Anonymousreply 7003/23/2013

Rihanna has no talent and hardly any self-respect but she is much more likable than Beyonce. Ri's self-depreciating sense of humor is refreshing. Her catty tweets are to die for. She constantly is cursing out her haters or conversing with her fans on Instagram/Twitter. She admits that she loves to troll blogs. It's obvious she is just this unassuming young woman who doesn't believe in her own hype. She even said she doesn't have that much talent, and that she just got by on pure luck and that she hopes to just ride out this wave until the end. Her likability and carefree attitude is precisely why producers seem to save their best work for her.

by Anonymousreply 7103/23/2013

Me Myself and I 2003

I wouldnt like Beyonce either if I was only familiar with the pop stuff she has done in the last few years, its not as musically notable as her earlier solo stuff off the first two albums

by Anonymousreply 7203/23/2013

R71 Rihanna gets big PR boosts from selling her sick relationship to Chris Brown to the media. She is beyond disgusting! Because of greedy idiots like her we have a rape culture.

by Anonymousreply 7303/23/2013

She's like Kraft cheese. Over processed and extremely popular.

by Anonymousreply 7403/23/2013

WTF are you doing reading the Daily News, R64? Are you 102 years old?

by Anonymousreply 7503/23/2013

Rihanna is prettier, but Beyonce really is a pretty woman. Beyonce is also very talented, but I do think it was a little dirty the way Destiny Child was basically a conduit for Beyonce to reach superstardom. With Papa Knowles at the helm, he other girls in the group never had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 7703/23/2013

I like that song too, R72, but her voice just ruins everything. The same song sung by a tone deaf person would appeal to me more than what she does with it. Maybe it's just her basic education drawl.

by Anonymousreply 7903/23/2013

While I am personally not a fan, you people are overly brutal on the girl. Cmon, you are judging someone by his or her regionalisms and accents? Really? And her dancing has a lot of roots in the African dances that Blacks have inherited. Sorry if you want her to waltz around and fox trot but I can appreciate her dancing as a Black person. She has paid homage to Josephine Baker in her Deja Vu video, her Run The World (Girls) video featured two male dancers from Africa who taught her those indigenous moves she did. Her single Ladies video paid homage to Fosse and his dancing style. I am ot saying she is the greatest dancer but please not be so narrow minded about her dancing, it is really insulting to me as a Black person when you dismiss it as mere booty popping

by Anonymousreply 8003/23/2013

R80 I think people are over brutal because of Bey's PR machine, it's been on over drive lately. It's a pop culture gag reflex of sorts in action.

Anyway, I think R68 sums up her shortcomings perfectly. She is a lot like Madonna in that oversly self-conscious, calculated sense; she's also relied on PR and capitalizing off of 're-imagined' dance trends to stay on top.

by Anonymousreply 8103/23/2013

She's ripe for Ru Paul's Snatch Game. In the mean time here's a dead on impersonation.

by Anonymousreply 8203/24/2013

Not sure why people say Beyonce is "ghetto." Is it because of her accent/pronunciation? She certainly didn't grow up in any ghetto, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 8303/24/2013

r82 that is some funny shit! Loved it! That woman who did the parody is dead on and funny as hell!

by Anonymousreply 8403/24/2013

That's the irony R83, she didn't grow up poor, not even close. It's too bad her Dad was encouraging her to shake her booty instead of attending class. Wendy was right, sounds like she got a fifth grade education and not at a good school either.

Her diction is awful. That, in addition to how unintelligent she comes across, is probably why she rarely gives interviews. Her interview on 60 Minutes only happened because she was expected to clean up during the Grammy's an hour later. She didn't understand some of the questions. Strenth..... there's no g in there for Queen Bey. Anyone who glues a blonde wig to their head is ghetto to me, even if the wig/weave cost 10000$.

by Anonymousreply 8503/24/2013

That "Life Is But A Dream" parody was fucking hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 8603/24/2013

Her special almost made me cancel HBO.

by Anonymousreply 8803/24/2013

Well I’m a fan, but not a deluded stan. She is as fake as a Jackson, can barely string a sentence together, is uneducated and it shows. The song stealing and fake songwriting credits also rankle.

But other than that, she’s really the new Queen of the gays these days. She’s like a new Miss Ross and kind of replaced Janet Jackson whose fans are very resentful toward her, here is someone after all who can actually sing.

Entertainment wise she’s unrivalled, though her shows go on the cheesy Babs side at times she’s the only vocal diva who’s the complete package – singing, dancing and stage presence a la Tina Turner. If she lips at times who cares, all these types of acts do at some point and she really puts on a show.

It all comes down to the music though, Destiny’s Child had their moments but the solo career was a lot better starting with the all time classic “Crazy in Love” which set off her path to domination.

First album was patchy other than that but B’Day is one of the best pop albums of the 00s. It has loads of live instruments and great r&b bangers which always work for spring/summer music.

Sasha Fierce also good and the last one 4 in some ways the most interesting yet; it was baffling and took ages to grow on you but yet again another winner. Only Rihanna gave her competition, she really has the songs and perhaps displaced her recently.

And of course Queen B brings the glam, the most beautiful of all the divas. Anyone who says she isn’t pretty must have some kind of low lying mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 9004/06/2013

[quote]and kind of replaced Janet Jackson whose fans are very resentful toward her

gurl, you tried it!

by Anonymousreply 9104/06/2013

Give it a fucking rest, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9204/06/2013

[quote]kind of replaced Janet Jackson whose fans are very resentful toward her

Ha! Nice try, darlin'. No Janet fan is resentful towards Beyonce, namely because B has gone out of her way over the years to give proper respect to Janet for paving the way--most recently in her HBO documentary. Janet helped to build the house Miss Carter performs in.

by Anonymousreply 9304/06/2013

Hate the bitch...never liked her... don't get it

by Anonymousreply 9412/20/2013

I just agree with you, OP. Except for "Single Ladies." If all her songs were that good, she'd be one of my favorite singers.

by Anonymousreply 9512/20/2013

Beyonce queen of the gays that is the stupidest thing I read who cares she sucks. I'm from new mexico and I don't know anyone who likes her.l......atleast over here anyway

by Anonymousreply 9612/20/2013

I laugh whenever people call Beyonce a good dancer. Shakira. Gwen Verdon. Janelle Monae. Janet and Michael. Mya. Tina Turner. Those are good dancers.

by Anonymousreply 9712/20/2013

So the intro to her song "XO" is from the Space Challenget disaster. What was the point of that? It seems unnecessarily fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 9812/29/2013

she's just, blah. like, very generic and boring.

by Anonymousreply 9912/29/2013

I liked her around the dangerously in love year, but now I just find her trashy and annoying.

She also has lost her voice and covers it up with an oversexed cheap image. UGH!

by Anonymousreply 10012/29/2013

r41 made me laugh so hard I almost broke a rib

by Anonymousreply 10111/10/2014

I like you, OP. You have taste, style, and you know a good drag queen when you see one.

by Anonymousreply 10211/10/2014

talentless stripper. NO interest in her or her shenanigans at all

by Anonymousreply 10311/10/2014

W&W R41

by Anonymousreply 10411/10/2014

Leaked Beyonce photo

by Anonymousreply 10508/03/2015

This one is NOT Photoshop.

by Anonymousreply 10608/03/2015

The real deflate-gate...

by Anonymousreply 10708/03/2015

Bey is just so damn boring off stage, makes me want to go read a newspaper instead. Does she have a personality?

by Anonymousreply 10808/03/2015

There are rumors that she is really related to Etta James and Tina Turner.Ike Turner is also rumored to be Jay Zs father.

by Anonymousreply 10908/03/2015

Eatctge cake Anna Mae

by Anonymousreply 11008/03/2015

by Anonymousreply 11108/03/2015

She is graceless as a dancer. Stomping about on her thick legs and popping that fat ass. She does have a pretty face. Her voice is fair. She is really vacuous, but thinks she is an artiste. Because Jay Z told her so. She is at her best shaking it on stage if you like that sort of thing. She will never make it in films because she appears to be what she is on film, a pretty woman with poor diction and little intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 11208/03/2015

I really wanted to like her on film.

by Anonymousreply 11308/03/2015

That's Ms Knowles if ya nassy

by Anonymousreply 11408/03/2015

Here is Tina Knowles and Etta James side by side Beyonce played Etta in the movie of her life story.I think Tina Turner looks like Tina Knowles. They've got go be related,just can't figure out how.

by Anonymousreply 11508/03/2015

Here is a very interesting theory on Rachel Crow.She is the spitting image of Etta James and sings exactly like her.She just so happens to have no record of her birth parents.

She could also be an Mk Ultra experiment.Maybe they harvested Etta's eggs and created Rachel.It's all just too coincidental.

by Anonymousreply 11608/03/2015

The lie factory..She is a liar..with too much power!

by Anonymousreply 11708/03/2015

Beyonce is as phony as they come. Her whole persona seem forced and insincere. She has a persona manufactured into a black barbie created in the lab of music executives, witnessed by her father and mother.

by Anonymousreply 11808/03/2015

To poster 119, bitch have several seat somewhere, Beyonce ain't no queen, I will never call anyone queen unless they were born into royalty. I actually like her older songs, I just don't like her actual persona.

by Anonymousreply 12008/03/2015

No you have some seats. You worship white royalty earning that title from years of inbreeding and made money off the backs of slaves. Queen Bey is a modern day Cleopatra with the work ethic of Harriet Tubman. Respect that.

by Anonymousreply 12108/03/2015

Non-talent sells.

by Anonymousreply 12208/03/2015

To poster 121, you are crazy and delusional. Beyonce ain't no Cleopatra and harriet. You have completely lost your mind. What major accomplishment has Beyonce achieved, how has she changed or contributed to the world, don't worry I wait.

by Anonymousreply 12308/03/2015

Ciara is a better dancer than Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 12408/03/2015

Keeping the talent in the "family"

by Anonymousreply 12508/03/2015

Jay Zs mother,Gloria,third from the left, is an alleged hermaphrodite It's just all so shady that some of these theories make sense.

by Anonymousreply 12608/03/2015

by Anonymousreply 12708/03/2015

Beyonce is dull, she can't really sing that well and lacks any real star quality. I could forgive the first two if she had the third, but...she doesn't!

by Anonymousreply 12808/04/2015

She has no star quality because she seems to have no personality. The way she let's herself being pimped by her ugly and nasty husband is off putting. Very dumb girl, she could have had a great career, she used to be a good singer. But in the last 5 years she just became trashy and cheap.

by Anonymousreply 12908/04/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!