Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Walking Dead: Season 3, Part III ...a continuation.

(If no one has started a continuation of the last thread, here's one.)

So, it looks like Andrea might survive.

Who could rescue her? Milton? or Tyresse and his sister?

Better be quick.

by Anonymousreply 31704/08/2013

From previous link:

[quote]Exactly. They killed off Lori (Sarah Wayne Callie's) character and the hatred for her among the fanbase is probably why.

Even if Holden initially let the criticism slide off her the way Callie's did, after Callie's got killed off she probably freaked out and thought she'd be next. She is second-most hated after all.[/quote]

For anyone who's read the comics, though, Lori gets killed off pretty early on, while the group is still at the prison--which is consistent with (but not exactly how and at the very point during) the TV show. I read an interview with Callies in which she mentioned she'd had a talk with Frank Darabont (then-showrunner) and convinced him that she HAD to die in the TV show, just like in the comics, because her death was essential to Rick's character arc and the development of the Walking Dead story overall. Darabont was the show's first showrunner and booted off pretty early on in Season 2, so she must've acknowledged this aspect of her longevity on the show way before the Lori-Hate got fully underway.

Kudos to Callies for keeping true to the original story's integrity rather than looking out for herself and her own paycheck. FWIW, I think Callies is going to be starring in some kind of tornado thriller soon. She's a good actress, and as long as she doesn't burn any bridges with anyone in the industry, she shouldn't have trouble finding a job. (Laurie Holden should take notes for future career opps, if she's worried about her own fate on the series.)

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2013

Not fully buying the story that Callies wanted Lori killed for story integrity.

From everything I've seen, shooting Walking Dead is a brutal, hot process and AMC likely gave her a barely above minimum contract.

Once she found herself on one of the hottest TV shows, she likely wanted to quickly pursue other opportunites.

Seems she was smart to turn negative fan reaction to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 203/21/2013

If Andrea survives can her character ever be rehabilitated?

It seems like she's been sorta shitty to people for a while.

She was so mean to the old guy that drove the camper.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2013

Good question [R3] I don't think she will die, but she really has to step up to the plate to redeem herself to the viewers. Most despise her and want her dead. I bet when the survivors leave the prison, after winning the battle and killing the governor (I'm guessing) Rick and Carl and who ever else is still alive will welcome her back with open arms, despite the suspicious way they have treated so many others. This show has no internal consistency.

Rolling Stone says 27 people will die in the end. Who do you think bites it?

by Anonymousreply 403/22/2013

For me Hershel and Rick are the heart, if either died I would feel bad. I know a lot of people really like Daryl but he doesn't do much for me.

Andrea is a horndog, who will she fuck after the Governator?

by Anonymousreply 503/22/2013

27 people? Hoping most of that is Woodbury.

Milton is as good as dead already.

Tyrese's 2 friends are red shirts.

If much of Woodbury is gone, there's no story for the Governor.

The 2nd in command at Woodbury picked a bad week to give up smoking.

Merle will likely die a heroic death.

Tyrese will be the new heart of the show, so Hershel can hobble away for good.

Andrea will probably still around for a lot of "we told you so" speeches.

Beth and the baby will probably go out at the same time. Thought they'd stay for a little while longer, but 27 is a lot of people to get rid of.

by Anonymousreply 603/22/2013

The writing is ridiculously bad.

Andrea: I'm escaping!

Tyrese & Sister: Huh?

Andrea: Don't stop me! I need to go!

T&S: Um.. the governor told us not to let anyone go over the wall.

Andrea: I've got to warn them at the prison! You should come with me!

T&S: Uh.. Warn them? But they want to kill us! We've got it good here with the governor.

Andrea: Let's just say he's not what he seems...

Another way of writing this

Andrea: the governor has a torture chamber in (wherever it is) and is planning on torturing Michonne. I can't let that happen and I need to leave to tell them about it. Come with me. If he tortures Michonne, he'll torture anybody. He may have tortured before, we don't know. But I know what I saw. He's been lying and he's crazy. I'm outta here. If you stay, be careful.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

Well most of those 27 people are probably just the terrible Woodbury extras. It'd be easy to say the Governor will die but it'd be more interesting if he escaped, so they'd have to watch their back in the future.

The others that are as good as dead - Milton, Martinez, the father/son from Tyrese's group.

But I think at least one or two members of Rick's group will die. Last season, we had Dale and Shane die. Hershel probably makes the most sense.

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

What about Herschel's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

I think I started to detach from this show during Andrea's HORRIBLE speech to the Woodbury schmucks. I don't know if I'm going to watch next season.

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

The Woodbury schmucks are unarmed and untrained.

I predict many of the 27 deaths will happen there.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

Aw hell no they better not kill off my Hershel. Take out the annoying singing daughter Beth or Maggie instead.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

Merle and Herschel are gone. If they kill the baby then Beth is gone. She is the only one that attends to it. Tyrese will replace Herschel as the heart and moral compass of the group and for Rick. Rick and Daryl are the heart of the show. Daryl will have to put down his Merle because he turns into a walker.

They could kill Carl and I wouldn't care a lick. But the show is very invested in him as the new John Conner in the terminator.

But I would be more fascinated by a baby growing up in a world only knowing walkers and the group's way of life. She would be another Kate Beckinsale from that vampire and wolves movie franchise.

They like to fast forward in time so they could aged her fast like the soap operas do. Once the leave the prison and are on the road for a while they can find another like farm or cave dwelling and the season ends. And next season will be 7 year into the future.

Also I wonder who is immune to becoming a walker. Some one in the group should be bitten but not turn into a walker. I think Carl or the baby are the only one's that Rick would have a hard time putting down immediately after they have been bitten. So there could be signs of the character not turning into the walker thus being immune.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

I just hope AMC quits playing Musical Chairs with showrunners, and perhaps Scott Gimple can piece together the hot mess this show has become. It's utterly and verily a soap opera for armchair zombie strikeforce dudes who play too much Call of Duty: Black Ops. Oh, and fangurrls who gush over Daryl Dixon (who doesn't??)

by Anonymousreply 1403/22/2013

If most of the people in Woodbury die then why don't the surviving members in Rick's group stay there? It has decent housing,food, showers, a medical facility and it's safe. They also have beaucoup fire power and vehicles. How are they going to go on the road with an infant? Andrea could broker a truce with the remaining Woodberians and Rick could step up as the new leader of the group. After all, it's about surviving. Most of the brainwashed dweebs in Woodbury want a strong leader. Other than Martinez, who I am sure meets his maker, no one in that group fits the bill.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

I always wondered that, r15.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

[quote]Also I wonder who is immune to becoming a walker. Some one in the group should be bitten but not turn into a walker. I think Carl or the baby are the only one's that Rick would have a hard time putting down immediately after they have been bitten. So there could be signs of the character not turning into the walker thus being immune.

Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2013

I think if Beth and Hershal die, Maggie will kill herself next season, Glen or no Glen.

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2013

Do you know why they emphasized drinking the tea in the beginning of the season, r17? It seemed to be something the writers wanted us to wonder about and then it went no where.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013

You make good points[R15]. However, your mistake is being logical. When they should have fled the prison, they didn't, so we can naturally expect them to leave when they should stay.

I thought I read a Kirkman interview somewhere where he states that each season will be done in a new location. God I hope that's not true.

I really believe one of the main problems stem from the fact that Kirkman is a graphic novelist. He pictures a set piece i.e. Andrea in the torture chair and doesn't really care how it happens just as long as he gets his visual. So the writing is a vehicle to make the one scene in his head happen, no matter how absurd and unrealistic the plotline and characters become.

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2013

Thanks, r20. I think you are right about Kirkman. Perhaps the real fun in watching the show is that we all kind of rewrite it the way we want it in our heads. We just get frustrated because the actual writers aren't as smart as we are! Me, I'd stay where I was safe and warm. And where I could shower once in a while. I hate traveling:)

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2013

What did Michonne mean when she said her zombies (that I think were her brothers?) were bad people? Did they abuse her and was that flashback shown for any other reason than to insinuate that Lori knows she's been tortured before? Are the answers in the comic books?

Anyway this show has really lost it's way. The first season had such clear purpose. It's just do dull now that I find myself wanting to ff through most of it.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2013

I think the tea was an opiate to sedate the citizens of Woodbury but the writers/multiple directors drop continuing that thread of story telling.

Michonne I think was a lawyer probably criminal lawyer in her previous life. So maybe they did something to her or someone she cared about. I thought from the comics that one of her pets was her boyfriend.

I have no idea about the Michonne/Lori connections but that could be a good story thread that could bind Rick to Michonne more and him deciding not to give her up to the Governor.

The show needs stability and I think unlike other shows they need one director to really strive for consistency and keep the story threads continuing.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2013

Sorry - meant to write Andrea knowing about Michonne- not Lori. I was referring to the flashback of them sitting near the fire. So one of the zombies was her boyfriend? Had no idea she was a lawyer, I wish they'd drop a little more information like that into the show.

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2013

In the comics one of her pets was her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2013

It sounds like the only members of Rick's group the Governor wil consider leaving alive are the ones he thinks are the weakest links. Hershel, Beth, Carol, Carl and the baby. He didn't mention Maggie as one of the target group. I wonder if he wants to take her alive to torture her the way he is planning to do to Michonne and Andrea. He's a sexual sadist in the comics, right? I think Andrea did a lot of talking to Milton about Rick's group and he passed the information along to the Governor.The problem with leaving Carl alive is the Godfather like vendetta he will plan and attempt to carry out against the Governor the first chance he gets. I don't read the comics so I don't know if the Governor survives but I doubt the citizens of Woodbury would be thinking warm and fuzzy thoughts about him considering he gets half of them killed. And at the hands of other humans, not biters. Maybe one them will take him out.

by Anonymousreply 2703/23/2013

Did the boyfriend abuse her, r26?

by Anonymousreply 2803/23/2013

Just a vain curious question: Why do all the men on the show look haggard- long greasy hair and all the woman look relatively dainty and their hair has not grown an inch? I would be excepting some large armpit bushes from these gals.

by Anonymousreply 2903/23/2013

Razors are plentiful in the zombie apocalypse doncha know.

by Anonymousreply 3003/24/2013

It doesn't seem like that for the men.

by Anonymousreply 3103/24/2013

If you want to be majorly SPOILED go to imdb walking dead threads. Someone reliable has posted a very detailed recap of the next episode "The Sorrowful Life". He recapped last weeks epi before it was shown and was dead on.

by Anonymousreply 3203/24/2013

Spoilers for tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 3303/24/2013

[quote]I would be excepting some large armpit bushes from these gals.

LOL, can you imagine? This show ain't Deadwood. AMC would get millions of jackasses complaints I'm sure. I consider myself forward thinking but the hairy ladies on Deadwood took a little getting used to.

by Anonymousreply 3403/24/2013

R33, I don't want to be spoiled, but if you've read them, is there anything exciting happening tonight? Any deaths? (A yes or no, would suffice).

by Anonymousreply 3503/24/2013

I haven't read the spoilers either because I don't want to be spoiled. I thought readers here might be interested in the link that R32 mentioned. I'm afraid to even skim it.

by Anonymousreply 3603/24/2013

Yes there is a significant death tonight and its a bummer.

by Anonymousreply 3703/24/2013

Spoiler. . .

Merle DOES become a walker don't know the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 3803/24/2013

For future, reference, it's probably best not to write spoiler then on the next line, a simple sentence in fact spoiling. It's not like we can scroll quickly past that kind of thing in order to avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 3903/24/2013

I was right about who would die tonight. But as I said what a waste for future storylines.

by Anonymousreply 4003/24/2013

So does Merle turn and the Governor uses him as part of the torture of Andrea? That would be my worst nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 4103/24/2013

LOL, I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 4203/24/2013

Merle. {Cry}

by Anonymousreply 4303/24/2013

Merle was one of the best characters on this show. Shame he is gone.

This will set Daryl off and want bloody revenge on the Guv.

I am curious as to how Michonne will feel that Rick was willing to hand her over, but then had a change of heart. Does she forgive? Understand?

by Anonymousreply 4403/24/2013

I like that Merle was redeemed. He went out a hero. Daryl can be proud.

by Anonymousreply 4503/24/2013

I think she would understand. She is still an outsider compared to the rest of the group and he has two kids to protect. She survived for a long time on her own. She did that by being cold blooded and calculating. She understands what it takes to survive. I like her more and more.

by Anonymousreply 4603/24/2013

Can I be totally ridiculous and say that I am so glad the group at the prison took showers and found some clean, decent looking clothes? They looked like they stepped out of a Ralph Lauren ad shot for the Fall collection. And someone finally got wired a car! Fucking A.

by Anonymousreply 4703/24/2013

Did anyone notice that when Chris Hardwicke asked for a hand for Norman Reedus in the Merle knifing scene that everyone but Michael Rooker applauded?

by Anonymousreply 4803/24/2013

It's convenient that a vintage car happened to be available for hot wiring in the zombie apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 4903/24/2013

I'm sad that Merle died. Yes, he started out as a bigoted redneck but he did redeem himself and started showing some decent humanity. :-(

I appreciate Michael Rooker and think he's a great character actor.

by Anonymousreply 5003/24/2013

Hmmm... When talking about the Merle and Darryl game, Rooker said he did the voice for Merle in LA and Reedus did the voice for Darryl in Atlanta. I wonder if they don't get along.

by Anonymousreply 5103/24/2013

[quote]Hmmm... When talking about the Merle and Darryl game, Rooker said he did the voice for Merle in LA and Reedus did the voice for Darryl in Atlanta. I wonder if they don't get along.

HUH? Why would you go to they don't get along? Voice work can be done where ever the actor is. They don't have to be both in the recording booth holding hands. Even this week Emma Stone who did major voice work for "The Croods" said she still hadn't met most of the voice cast yet and the film is in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 5203/24/2013

It's so weird watching the Talking Dead afterwards and hearing the British actors using their real accents. Rooker sounds very similar to his character because he was born in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 5303/24/2013

The Talking Dead kind of takes me out of the show seeing the actors. Poor Daryl. I figured when Merle let Michonne go he was a goner. I heart Rick.

by Anonymousreply 5403/24/2013

What did Merle mean when he said to the Governor "I'm not going to beg"? Did he want the Guv to shoot him and put him out of his misery?

by Anonymousreply 5503/24/2013

I tried asking that over on Two Peas but the board is over capacity and won't load for me.

by Anonymousreply 5603/25/2013

[quote] Why would you go to they don't get along

Because Rooker wouldn't applaud for Reedus.

by Anonymousreply 5703/25/2013

Who are the guests next week for the Talking Dead? That should give a clue about who dies in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 5803/25/2013

I think he meant he wasn't going to beg for his life R55.

by Anonymousreply 5903/25/2013

Having Daryl put down Merle- and the way it was done - was a pretty brilliant metaphor for their relationship.

Merle staggering up to Daryl– who was cowering but crying - just as he would towards and abusive older brother. But in the end, Daryl had more strength and more heart and more brains- so of course he finally overcame his own feelings and put him down.

by Anonymousreply 6003/25/2013

Daryl doesn't know what happened with Michonne.

He doesn't know if his brother is or isn't a hero.

by Anonymousreply 6103/25/2013

Merle did tell Michonne in the car that Rick couldn't go through with the plan so Merle decided to o it on his own.

So I think Michonne does have a connection with the prison group and she understands the awful choices people make.

Carl was SO dissapointed in his father when he heard that he had been willing to sacrifice Michonne.

by Anonymousreply 6203/25/2013

Well, I'm sure Michonne will tell him when he gets back to the prison. Of course, I'm assuming that Daryl makes it back to the prison and isn't going to be killed off before she has a chance to tell him.

by Anonymousreply 6303/25/2013

They won't kill of Daryl. They just launched a game based on Daryl and Merle. I wonder if Norman Reedus gets some money from it because he created the whole backstory of being abused and Merle living him to fend for himself but sometimes dropping in to protect him when not drugged up or in jail or in the army.

by Anonymousreply 6403/25/2013

I agree, R62, he was very disappointed. It goes back to when she went into that restaurant/bar to get the picture he dropped. He has liked her since.

I am just curious as to how Darryl knew where the hell Merle was going since Michonne did not tell him, and he was in a car and kind of hard to track. How far is Woodbury supposed to be from the prison mileage-wise? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 6503/25/2013

R62, I just google mapped Woodbury GA and searched for nearest prisons. I was curious too. There is a prison 7.3 miles and one 16 miles from Woodbury. Of course I might be a total dumbass and they aren't still in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 6603/25/2013

R61 That was the saddest part for me. The sad got me and then I watched again and realized that Merle was eating that ugly kid, Ben. Deliciously gross!

by Anonymousreply 6703/25/2013

I'm actually watching Episode 1 again. I'd forgotten a lot of it like Rick seeing a military chopper when he goes into Atlanta leaving me to think that there are isolated pockets of the military left somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 6803/25/2013

Darryl knew where the last meeting was held...and that they were supposed to exchange Michonne with the Governor there.

Somebody said Carl is the protagonist of "Walking Dead"....

So Merle killed 7 of Woodbury's men?

That evened the odds....

by Anonymousreply 6903/25/2013

R68 Didn't it crash? Or am I thinking of something different? I think there would be/is isolated places like Woodbury or some of the military installments.

by Anonymousreply 7003/25/2013

It didn't crash R70. I'm on epi 2 now. I'd forgotten about the black lady and some of the other characters from the first season

by Anonymousreply 7103/25/2013

And in this season the Governor came across a small military unit and slaughter them. Taking one back to get information before he killed him and stuffed him in one of his trophy jars.

So there are some military and government operating somewhere. In the comics, the groups heads for D.C. after the prison.

by Anonymousreply 7203/26/2013

In real life there would definitely be pockets of survivors left that would be bigger than Woodbury. The Marines have underground bases that would be perfect locations to wait out the zombie apocalypse. Surely the President, his family and probably many of the nation's political leaders like Senators, Governors and big city Mayors would find refuge in heavily armed bases.

by Anonymousreply 7303/26/2013

The President and family plus about 3,000 key people from politicians to scientists have been tagged for survival incase of a nuclear attack. There are underground bases/bunkers. And it's not like all of Congress gets to go. Only the people who the deem essential. Obama made a joke 2 years ago about the impending government shutdown that didn't happen. He was at the Correspondents dinner during the Osama Bin Laden raid and said something to the effect that when the government shutdowns only the essential personnel were required to work and that they knew who they were. So I think in case of an zombie attack. The president, his family, some cabinet members (cia, fbi, penatagon); the leaders of both the senate and the house; some committee chairpeople in Congress, military leaders; operational leaders for nuclear, energy and such. The VP would be dead and gone since the President would be in an undisclosed location. The VP would be on TV acting as President.

So when you see Biden on tv saying I have everything under control. RUN!

by Anonymousreply 7403/26/2013

R772 and R73, that all works well until the people inside start turning.

By now a group would be used to it, so its not so much of a problem...but the first couple times it would cause panic.

We figure its been about a year since ZA has started?

by Anonymousreply 7503/26/2013

Ah, too bad. Merl was starting to become an interesting character. That's the pattern with this show. Give the character they're about to kill off, a nice send off so their death will have more impact. It's totally manipulative, but I'm a sucker who falls for it every time. I've teared up for Andrea's sister, Sophia, Shane, Dale, T-Dog, even Lori!

All that stuff about Glenn asking Hershel for Maggie's hand and then stealing a ring from a zombie, well that can't be good. I have a feeling one of them (probably Glenn) will end up dead. A marriage is too nice of an ending for the season.

by Anonymousreply 7603/26/2013

I'm sorry. This show is too stupid.

Rick knew the governor wouldn't stop with Michonne. He fucking even said so out loud. So why would he choose to turn her over?

So the writers could waste another episode.

This is so badly written. We're supposed to think that Laurie's death has caused Rick to lose his common sense, his intelligence, his police training about bad guys?

They wasted an episode on the nothing plot of a "conference." They wasted an episode on "Governor Chases Andrea, Using Every Horror Movie Cliché in the Book."

And now a wasted episode in order to redeem Merle in the last three minutes

Consistent writing would never have Rick pussying out and even entertaining the thought of handing Michonne over. He might have used fake-out turnover as an excuse to pull some kind of surprise raid on Woodbury or as a ruse for either him or Michonne to just fucking kill the governor and get it over with. But no. We have to see Michael Rooker crook his neck once again (to make his veins bulge) and flick his tongue around describing how to tie up Michonne with wire. All so we can sit through another episode of "Nothing Much Really Happens."

And Michonne would go into the tombs alone with Merle? Yeah, that would really happen, too. Again -- shit writing to advance shit plot.

And why would Merle even give the governor the satisfaction of having Michonne? The guv put Merle and Darryl in a zombie pit and demanded a fight to the death. And Merle knows the governor will kill all the rest of them, he even said so. Last week he had to be restrained from taking guns and just going out and shooting the governor. So why take Michonne to him? It makes no fucking sense.

Oh well, at least we don't have to hear, "He's my BRUTTHA!" anymore.

And why was Merle eating the dead people he killed? They got killed before he did. They should have zombie-ized before he did. Aside from the fact that zombies aren't supposed to eat other dead people (even though they ate Laurie).

by Anonymousreply 7703/26/2013

What the show needs is fewer episodes. AMC bitches about the cost of it, but won't cut the season in half and have well-written plots because they get to wring more money out of advertisers by making too damn many boring episodes. They should not be allowed to have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 8003/26/2013

The real-life underground bunker where the government would hole up in the event of a major disaster is the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center in Virginia:

by Anonymousreply 8103/26/2013

R77's points are difficult to argue with, especially the part about Rick knowing the Guv wouldn't stop with Michonne, and then turning around and considering handing her over. Very, very sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 8203/26/2013

R82 You and R77 are correct. I didn't understand why Rick would even consider handing over Michonne when it was clear to him that The Gov wouldn't stop after Rick handed her over. He knew that, and yet he seriously considered going through with it until Lori appeared to him.

by Anonymousreply 8303/26/2013

The first season was only 6 episodes. It was taut, well-written, suspenseful. Dragging the seasons out to 12-16 episodes is a bad idea.

The UK has the right idea. No more episodes per season beyond what can be well - written. Better to leave the audience wanting more than trying their patience.

by Anonymousreply 8403/26/2013

[quote] Rick would even consider handing over Michonne when it was clear to him that The Gov wouldn't stop after Rick handed her over. He knew that

Plus the minor fact that Michonne is an asset to the group. She is a strategist, a zombie asskicker, a hater of the governor and in top physical shape. It's like giving your food to an enemy who is starving you to death. Just pointless.

by Anonymousreply 8503/26/2013

The recaps on are pretty entertaining. Snarky but right on the mark. The comments by the fans on that site pretty much mirror what we love and hate about the show.

by Anonymousreply 8603/26/2013

Just read about why showrunner Glen Mazzara was fired. It's all Kirkman' fault. Kirkman is too controlling. He wanted the visual of the torture chamber but the writers couldn't come up with a way to have Michonne in the chair per the comics so that's why they sacrifice Andrea' brain to have her hang around in Woodbury. That is why their were so many plot holes and audience complaints about the cat/mouse episode between Andrea and the Governor. Kirkman is a great source but knows nothing about putting together a tv series. Glen said they had a different version of what season 4 should look like.

If you read the comic books there is a lot of repetition. Most of the audience would expect the group to flee the state. But in the comics they stayed in Ga for a long time. Kirkman isn't interested in them finding a cure or discovering how the ZA happen. Which I think the audience is. So unless the new show runner and AMC grow a pair- the Kirkmanship will bring the show to its knees.

by Anonymousreply 8703/26/2013

It is Kirkman's vision and work but once he signed on to the television show he must have known AMC and the other producers were going to want, and need, to deviate from the comics on plot points and character development. The poster who said Kirkman is only interested in the visuals is right on the money.

by Anonymousreply 8803/26/2013

Watching the first season on the marathon and I had forgotten that Andrea had to make it all about her and then ran back to the group at the very end. That's our girl. I forgot just how good season one is.

by Anonymousreply 8903/26/2013

[]He wanted the visual of the torture chamber but the writers couldn't come up with a way to have Michonne in the chair per the comics so that's why they sacrifice Andrea' brain to have her hang around in Woodbury.

I fucking knew it. She was stupid beyond belief and it was all just a character arc to get this woman into the chair.

FUCK the writers. Put your fucking precious boy heros in a chair and have them sexually tortured, you assholes.

by Anonymousreply 9003/26/2013

[quote] Kirkman isn't interested in them finding a cure or discovering how the ZA happen.

Why would he be? His comic book would end if a cure was found. And his comic book readers aren't deep thinkers who are into back stories of more than one sentence. It's a lot easier to ignore how it all came about than to have to plot it out.

by Anonymousreply 9103/26/2013

Its not the writers fault it's Kirkman' fault. the writers and exes were talking about not having the torture chamber because unlike the comics- the Governor doesn't arrive on the scene all bad as in the comics. The Gov. slowly turns from seemingly charming to the sociopath that he is. But this change in story arc meant that the Governor would be in charming phase when he encountered Michonne therefore he wouldn't be able to use the torture chamber.

Glen Mazzara didn't want the torture chamber but Kirkman went over his head to AMC exes and of course AMC placated Kirkman and kicked Glen to the curb.

Glen said he had a different vision than Kirkman for season 4- so I don't have much hope for next season. Glen took over in mid season 2-taking the group off the farm and increasing viewership to the highest level.

Frank D. was the first show runner and was great in season one establishing the characters but fell into his slow moving storytelling ala Green Mile which he produced.

I think the new show runner- a great writer who wrote Clear and the last episode might just be a yes man to Kirkman which doesn't sound great.

You know the only characters that have not been criticized are Daryl and Merle because Kirkman didn't create these characters and has no say on how they are to be used. All the rest of the characters are subjected to the whims of Kirkman.

by Anonymousreply 9203/26/2013

In hindsight, Andrea was always an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9303/27/2013

But he is applying the same non logic to the tv series. Thinking that the audience wouldn't be wondering why aren't they showing people trying to find a cure or the show telling us how the ZA happen.

Kirkman knows nothing about storyline development for a tv series.

by Anonymousreply 9403/27/2013

I always thought Kirkman came off in interviews like a snarky ass, figures he'd get someone booted from the show for not sharing his "vision".

by Anonymousreply 9503/27/2013

Well if the execs gave Kirkman a lot of creative control in order to get the rights to the Walking Dead, then we're screwed as viewers. Ratings are still insanely good foe any tv show, so the network probably doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 9603/27/2013

Ratings are great, R97, but with each episode there's more and more clamor about the show's many problems. I suspect an inflection point will be reached, probably next season, and the show will experience major losses in viewership.

by Anonymousreply 9703/27/2013

Yes, the ratings are great because Glen M took over the show from Frank D. But Glen was fired because his vision for the show didn't mesh with Kirkman. So I except next season to be a flop.

by Anonymousreply 9803/27/2013

Well, Milton was supposedly trying to find a cure but that went nowhere. He just locked zombies up and watched them. Then he got an old man to die and turn into a zombie and Andrea killed the poor old zombie.

by Anonymousreply 9903/27/2013

R7 Don't quit your day job....just sayin

by Anonymousreply 10003/28/2013

R100 = Kirkman.

by Anonymousreply 10103/28/2013

Dear TV Fans:

I think it's great how you read press, dissect episode writing credits, generate opinions on This Showrunner versus That Showrunner. But I hate to break it to you:

You have no idea what's going on.

The truth is never public. It is never fully out there. Even partially. TV shows are so complicated, with so many cooks at the pot who have a free hand to fuck it up and total immunity from exposure -- you just don't know. Even people who work on the production don't know. You have to be right up next to it to know the truth, and when you do know it, you don't share it on gossip forums indexed on Google because there's only a few people who know the details you know, and you have nothing to gain by being outed for dishing.

I don't work on Walking Dead nor do I know anyone who does, but I can read between the lines. This screams, asshole exec/s. AMC has weakness in the executive suite. They have never developed an original hit. Mad Men and Breaking Bad were specs. Everything else has been a flop (that conspiracy show, The Killing, I can't even remember what else). Everything except The Walking Dead. So I think the execs are interfering like CRAZY. They think the appeal to the show is independent of the creative team behind it. That was their hunch when they fired the creator -- and they were right. Round 2, new showrunner tries to right the ship, but godDAMN the execs still think they can micromanage him to greatness. He pushes back against their notes, fights for some kind of creative autonomy and independence. These execs, having tasted blood, and with nothing else to do since their two hits (Breaking Bad and Mad Men) are run by auteurs who take no notes, and every other show is a sinking ship -- are bombarding him with notes and interference like CRAZY. And they have to. These execs HAVE to get their stink on the biggest hit on cable. Showrunner 2 perhaps draws a line in the sand, or perhaps it doesn't even get that far -- they pick someone else to take his place. Someone who is totally happy to say whatever it takes to take the mantle, and will regret it hardcore soon enough.

These execs will never be named in any fan rundown of the show's directions. Blame will be given to "the showrunner," when in fact, he may be struck by all sides. Trust me when I tell you, a lot of times, when you see something on a show that makes you slap your head, it may have made the writers feel the same. And they may have fought like hell not to be forced to put it in an episode. And they may have been forced to anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10203/28/2013

R102 speaks with the ring of truth.

by Anonymousreply 10303/28/2013

[quote] These execs will never be named in any fan rundown of the show's directions.

I have named Gale Ann Hurd, specifically in some random Walking Dead rant, from early in this season.

The body language on the "Talking Dead" couch between Hurd and T-Dog, was VERY telling.

She reminded me of a mean school Principal, sitting next to the TDog actor, monitoring his every word, and he actually looked scared to speak his mind. It was painfully obvious who was in charge.

She sat there with this smug, self-satisfied look, as Chris Hardwick heaped praise upon her for the show and great ratings. It was really obnoxious.

But the worst part was how condescending she was to the actor, because it was his last episode, as he was killed off in the prison. And how she thought he was so great, and blah blah blah, and how they had to give him a "noble" death. Ugh. She made my skin crawl.

And whoever mentioned that un-realiy of Michonne going with alone with Merle to the depths of the prison was 100% on the mark.

I can always tell when someone is going to die, because they get "redeemed" on their last episode.

Lori acted like a total bitch to Shane, until the episode where he got killed off, where she was telling him how grateful she was to him for all he did. WTF? So obvious.

And then Michonne HATED Merle with a passion, all up until this last episode, where they acted like besties. Oh, please.

Like R102 said... this show STINKS of producer micro-management. Fuck AMC for ruining my favorite show ever.

Oh, and they should stop showing WD Marathons, because it makes it painfully clear how the show has gone downhill, over 3 seasons.

Season 1 was AWESOME, versus Season 3 which barely holds my interest.

by Anonymousreply 10403/28/2013

I though Gale Ann Hurd was generally well liked in Hollywood although on that episode of Talking Dead she did come off as very insincere and a bit "who loves you baby" fake to the actor.

by Anonymousreply 10503/29/2013

The only person who has the clout to make the Amc suits interfere is Kirkman who is an Executive Director for the show. The AMC suits were only interfering as per the cost of the show. They were restraining the budget since they overspent money on buying the renewal of Mad Men. The suits don't care or have any interests in the creative team. But the were supportive of Glen M as show runner when he righted the show and its ratings took off. The AMC suits even reversed their decision about the shows budget by adding back the money they took. Glen M said he that his different vision for the show was at odds with Kirkman. The AMC suits placated Kirkman by kicking Glen to the curb. It makes no sense money/profit wise for the suits to fire Glen unless their is something in Kirkman' contract that gives him some sort of authority.

AMC cares about their profits and awards. The show will never win any awards because of the ridiculous writing. Maybe some individual acting awards but not for the show.

And yes there are too many inconsistencies within the show. Rick seeing a his dead wife as a ghost. Their relationship was over before she died and she was never his moral compass. If they wanted to use the silly plot device of a ghost-Shane or Dale would have been Rick's guide. Andrea sticking around in Woodbury after seeing the tank full of heads and zombie daughter and Daryl being put in the ring with walkers. And she still sleeps with the Governor. And Andrea not screaming for help when she was that close to the prison (come on she knew the group had look outs and plus her screaming would attract walkers to distract the Governor and call attention to anyone on lookout). As a storyline, Andrea need to be in woodbury stop after she arranged the summit. But Kirkman has to have his blessed torture chamber scene so Andrea went back to Woodbury. And everyone' right- Michonne would never let herself be alone with Merle following behind her. Please! I expect season 4 to stink.

by Anonymousreply 10603/29/2013

I,too, have grave doubts about season 4. I'll watch the season ender this Sunday(after GoT) and the first episode next season, but if the stupid continues, I'm out. I am just so unhappy about the quality of the writing and character development that much as I love the scenario I will give up on it.

by Anonymousreply 10703/29/2013

R101 is the one who thinks he could write better, but hi dialouge was laughingly bad. Just as bad as Kirkmans. No I am not kirkman.

by Anonymousreply 10803/30/2013

There are different writers for each episode. The Clear and Sorrowful Life episodes were written by the new show runner and those episodes had great writing. The problem is lack of consistency and Kirkman throwing his weight around to have the show include specific storylines (ie. torture chamber) no matter how silly they are.

It is very interesting that the episodes that didn't follow Kirkman' comic tooth and nail like the one's mention above and Killer Within are excellent episodes.

The way Laurie died, Morgan' craziness, Merle/Daryl storyline were not in the comics and were fantastic storylines.

It shows that Kirkman' idea of a walker world/horror genre with character driven plot line is fantastic. But when the show tries to follow the comics exactly it fails.

by Anonymousreply 10903/31/2013

[quote]There are different writers for each episode. The Clear and Sorrowful Life episodes were written by the new show runner and those episodes had great writing.

I promise you, no matter what credit is on screen, no matter what interview you read, no matter what difference in quality you perceive from week to week, unless you were on the writing staff of the show itself, you have no idea who wrote the episode.

R106, you also have no idea what kind of network interference the showrunner might be getting. An EP-level director never has any sort of power that can be exercised over a showrunner. A director in television is nobody, even an executive producer. The only influence he has would come from the network throwing its weight behind his opinions.

by Anonymousreply 11003/31/2013

R110 Glen Nicetoro on Talking Dead said the new show runner was responsible for writing those 2 episodes.

Also, Robert Kirkman is cited as creator and executive director. Your titles don't give you authority-your contract does. And I bet he has a pretty good one.

So talk about something you do know. How's the weather?

by Anonymousreply 11103/31/2013

No, R110 is mostly right. Yes, a writer is assigned to write a particular episode, but the entire writing staff pitches in to outline the episode. They (and the showrunner) decide together what needs to happen, who's in it, the outcome, how it relates to the bigger picture, etc. After that's decided, they give it to one (or two or more depending on the show) to physically go and write it based on the approved storyline. Once it's completed, the writing staff goes through it again. And depedning on the show, the writer that writes the episode sometimes does pitch the idea of the episode first, but make no mistake, it's a collaborative process. That's how TV works. And that's why a strong showrunner is so important. They're responsible for the vision of the show and in charge of everything. It's why having a new showrunner every season is terrible and bad for the show.

by Anonymousreply 11203/31/2013

No one is excited that the finale is on tonight? No ideas as to what happens? Who survives? What happens to the Governor? If if were Rick I would leave the men behind and have Michone take Maggie, Carol, Beth, Hershel, Judith and Carl back to Morgan's. Rick, Glenn and Darryl could booby trap the prison and ambush the Governor's crew from outside the gate. If they don't survive at least the women and children would have a shot. Maggie and Michone are good fighters and Michone is a natural leader. She's starting to bond with Carl and would be a wise and able teacher so that someday he might lead the group. Maggie might refuse to leave Glenn and in that case I think one of them will definetly die. I also think the Governor has plans to kill Carl and the others in front of Rick. And allow them to turn before he puts Rick's eyes out and locks him in the prison with them. An eye for an eye. He definetly plans to take Michonne alive. He will take Judith and raise her as his own. I don't know if I imagined it but I could swear that I saw a photo of the Governor as a walker. Anyway, none of what I have written is spoilers. Just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 11303/31/2013

[quote] No ideas as to what happens

I don't really care.

They won't kill Carl, who is really the cast member I'd most like to see gone.. They can't kill Daryl or they will lose a large number of viewers who love Norman Reedus. I don't care if they kill Glenn and maggie -- that relationship is chasing its tale. Herschel is probably a goner, as he took Dale's place and Dale bought the big farm in the season closer last year.

That blonde girl is so inconsequential that she seems like a red shirt.

by Anonymousreply 11403/31/2013

[quote] is chasing its tale

Sorry. Tail.

Although it's also chasing its tale, in a way.

by Anonymousreply 11503/31/2013

I'm excited but the only folks I want to see gone are Andrea and her one eyed boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 11603/31/2013

It would be awesome if Michonne killed Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 11703/31/2013

I'm afraid being captured by the governor is Andrea's redemption and it means she is going to live.

I don't care about anyone in Woodbury. I don't even care about Tyrese.

Milton's been a goner since his first two lines.

by Anonymousreply 11803/31/2013

My guess what happens?

Rick's camp packs up and leaves the prison but Rick and some people stay behind to take on the Woodbury folks as they attack, to protect them from being pursued. A touching death on Rick's camp but Woodbury dealt some kind of fatal blow. Rick's camp on the move. Governor's fate ambiguous but he survives, free to find them again and wreak his revenge.

by Anonymousreply 11903/31/2013

R119 I agree. Herschel and maybe Beth dies. The group leaves but booby trap the prison and raid Woodbury. Milton helps save Andrea and he dies in the process. The group picks up Tyrese and his sister and Andrea. I hope they don't do a stupid cliff hanger with the Governor surviving. But all indications is that they will. David M. was talking a lot about loving the cast and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

They should kill off the baby, Carol, Herschel, Beth and Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 12003/31/2013

Another person here who doesn't think the governor is dying tonight. Like I mentioned in the last thread, it wouldn't surprise me if he disappeared and took Judith (and maybe her babysitter Beth) with him as it would get rid of the baby without actually having to kill her.

No way Michonne would kill Andrea, R117. What for?

If I was betting, I'd say one of the lovebirds dies. Hershel seems too obvious to die, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 12103/31/2013

Ok they had a smart plan but didnt LOCK any of those people in the prison with the walkers?????

They just let them all go ?

And Andrea has to have a conversation with dying Milton... for what reason. Can't she talk and move at the same time.

Jesus this show just shits stupid.

by Anonymousreply 12203/31/2013 you really have loads of compassion it seems. Don't care if ANYONE dies? You sound like a really nice guy. Why Carl? Are you one of those gay "child haters"? Sometimes I'm so embarrassed to be gay. Such cliche men on this board. Carl has grown quite a bit and isn't whiny at ALL anymore. Sorry but he will probably be the last survivor. The show will basically be about him in the end.

by Anonymousreply 12303/31/2013

Seems like every "I could write the show so much better" queen on this board hates the show. us all a favor STOP watching. NO one is forcing you.

by Anonymousreply 12403/31/2013

Carl is turning into a sociopath which is not surprising under the circumstances.

Damn, the governor lost it and took out a bunch of Woodbury folk.

by Anonymousreply 12503/31/2013

Carl was right to kill that kid and he made his point by pointing out all the people Rick kept alive and turned out to kill people. I like the new Carl...

by Anonymousreply 12603/31/2013

Was Andrea bit or that's another type of wound?

by Anonymousreply 12703/31/2013

Rick and Andrea was supposed to hook in the comic book. But you know most off the time , they dont follow it...

by Anonymousreply 12803/31/2013

Wow. Totally didn't see that coming...

by Anonymousreply 12903/31/2013

Not as exciting as season 2's finale but still great. I'll miss the one who died, just because of the time on the show.

by Anonymousreply 13003/31/2013

I actually wanted Andrea to live. She started off not wanting to live in the first 2 seasons and then became a stronger woman. Wanted her to survive till the end. Don't get all the Andrea would have done the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 13103/31/2013

I liked Andrea, too. She was my favorite character at the end of last season because she had gone from wanting to die to being a warrior. Since she was such a major character in the comic books, I didn't expect it. Super bummed at the direction they took.

by Anonymousreply 13203/31/2013

I was surprised by Andrea' death. But she could of worked a little faster to get out. She should of listened to Michonne in the first place. And she wasn't such a peacenik when she shot Daryl because she thought he was a walker. And the torture chamber was anti climactic.

by Anonymousreply 13303/31/2013

I'll miss Andrea but since she barely survived last season ender kinda knew she wouldn't be so lucky tonight....

by Anonymousreply 13403/31/2013

So will the Governor pop up again?

by Anonymousreply 13503/31/2013

Why did the Governor just start shooting everyone?

by Anonymousreply 13603/31/2013

I teared up like a baby when Andrea was dying. I kinda expected that she and Michonne would kiss.

by Anonymousreply 13703/31/2013

Of course the Governor will pop up again. I guess we can gather that GM wanted the group to leave the prison for season 4 and Kirkman wanted them to stay. Too many old people added to the group. Didn't see that many old people before.

Glad Andrea and Rick won't hook up. Looks like it will be Rick and Michonne but it should be Rick and Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 13803/31/2013

I was expecting Michonne and Andrea to kiss there in the end too. I think there was a lot going on between the two of them all those months alone in the woods other than just friendship. I never really got why people hate Andrea. I think she had evolved into a very strong woman. I was sad that they killed her.

by Anonymousreply 13903/31/2013

Disapointed in the episode. Just expected more.

by Anonymousreply 14003/31/2013

I also thought Andrea and Michonne were about to kiss. The looks they gave each other seemed to communicate more than friendship.

by Anonymousreply 14103/31/2013

The TV show is so far off the comic and has been for a long time - Dale was alive a lot longer than on the show, hell Sophia is still alive in the books.....

They seem to mash up a lot of stories but I never saw them killing off Andrea. I think with her staying in Woodbury so long she was to far gone to integrate back into the group (and most likely thinks she has a film career).

I am guessing with what happened tonight next season they will fast forward to the Alexandria safe zone and make the gov the leader of the hunters.

by Anonymousreply 14203/31/2013

The Governor was CRAZYl......

Poor Andrea should have run like the devil when she found out her boyfriend had a fish tank of human heads...

by Anonymousreply 14303/31/2013

Andrea was choked up on Talking Dead. Don't think it was her choice to leave....

by Anonymousreply 14403/31/2013

The idea of The Governor leading The Hunters is interesting, though I can't see him doing what that group did on a regular basis. I won't spoil that storyline for anyone, but it just doesn't seem to fit him. I wouldn't mind seeing the writers make that work, though.

by Anonymousreply 14503/31/2013

Andrea thought with with her crotch and that's what ultimately got her killed.

by Anonymousreply 14603/31/2013

What got her killed was a 10 minuted Dialogue with a dying man in the room. Get the pliers Andrea...

by Anonymousreply 14703/31/2013

Who was that Carl shot? That boy was hunky.

by Anonymousreply 14804/01/2013

[quote] Are you one of those gay "child haters"? Sometimes I'm so embarrassed to be gay. Such cliche men on this board.

Get some sleep, hon. It's not real life. It's a comic book.

by Anonymousreply 14904/01/2013

I didn't think I'd be so sad when Andrea died because I *detest* what the writers/producers had done to her character, but I was. When she told first Milton and then Rick that she didn't want to see any more people die, I was like, I get it now--she's not stupid for stupid's sake; she was tragically idealistic (like Dale) and that's what got her killed in the new post-apocalyptic world.

by Anonymousreply 15004/01/2013

While I was sad to see Andrea go, I understand that, in show terms, it's her penance for not killing the Governor when she had the chance, a decision that resulted in the death of around 50 people. The ending was anti-climactic compared to last year's, when we got the last-minute surprise of seeing the prison that would be so central to the plot.

So now they're stuck taking care of a bunch of old ladies and brats, and the oldest brat is turning out to be a psychopath (and, ironically, following in Shane's footsteps, not his father's). This doesn't bode well for next season.

Btw I remain curious as to the extended delay between filming the final three episodes and the rest. Everything but the last three was clearly shot in the sweltering Georgia summer heat; the last three were obviously filmed in late fall/early winter, judging from the foliage and the fact that you could see the actors' breaths when speaking. Why such a long delay just to shoot three eps?

by Anonymousreply 15104/01/2013

Rick and Michonne are so going to fuck.

Some actors just have that chemistry together. Rick and Andrea did not, even when she was batting her eyes at him in season one.

by Anonymousreply 15204/01/2013

I loved the ending. The music, Hershel welcoming Woodbury's most vulnerable citizens, the return of Rick's determined altruism, the shot of the golden pasture of walkers...I was actually touched by this silly zombie show.

by Anonymousreply 15304/01/2013

The only chemistry Michonne had was with Andrea. Add me as another viewer who thought they were gonna kiss tonight.

by Anonymousreply 15404/01/2013

I really grew to love Andrea's character this season. Two episodes when she escaped Woodbury with the Governor hot on her trail was one of my favorites in the series. The girl was both vulnerable and tough as nails, a hard combo to pull off. I was truly sad when the zombie bite was revealed. Damn, damn, damn!!!

As far as next season goes, I really hope the group isn't saddled with all those grannies and toddlers for too long.

by Anonymousreply 15504/01/2013

On top of gathering up all the old and sick I hope they had the good sense to raid the pantry and grab some of those handmade quilts. The old people are going to need to eat and have a place to sleep. At least they increased the ranks of able bodied fighters with Tyreese, Sasha and Karen. Am I the only one who thinks Carl killed the cute young guy partly because he saw him as another Jimmy and was jealous that the guy would appeal to Beth? He would go back to being the "kid" in the group. He definetly does not see himself as a kid any longer. He also read Rick to a filth. He ain't taking orders no more. He's a Lil Gov/Shane mash up of trouble in the making.

by Anonymousreply 15604/01/2013

Carl is definitely being positioned to be a major problem in the future. Hopefully Rick and Michonne can reign him in before he goes off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 15704/01/2013

I pegged in the last thread; Michonne is going to turn into a character from the Help to assist Rick in raising his psychopathic son. Another strong woman character reduced to her vagina.

And no Rick/Michonne don't have any chemistry and Daryl and Carol seem more like mother and son but the show will forced those coupling on us.

Daryl and Rick have had the most sexual tension from the beginning of the series but the show will not go there because too many rednecks actually view the show.

by Anonymousreply 15804/01/2013

The prison, the governor, and Woodbury really brought this show to a screeching halt. The walkers are an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 15904/01/2013

The walkers were always sort of an afterthought and that totally makes sense. I mean, how much plot can you really get from unthinking, unfeeling creatures? They are the catalyst for this apocalyptic world but they are not the true horror in it. The show and comic books have always been much more about the survivors and how they cope and adjust to this new nightmare world, for better or worse.

by Anonymousreply 16004/01/2013

Well, the show is realistic in one way. In any kind of doomsday scenario, those who have will have to fight to keep it. Some of the humans are more vicious than the walkers, who only attack and eat out of instinct. The humans make a conscious decision to be cruel and murderous. So far, I have counted a kid who appears to be around eight years old, a baby, a young woman who looks to be their Mother, an older man in his early sixties and the woman who has arthritic hands. Carl shot Asthmatic Adam. It's gonna get crowded up in here.

by Anonymousreply 16104/01/2013

What did the crazy caller from TN say on the Talking Dead? AMC edited out the call on subsequent showings of Talking Dead. Posters on other fan sites are talking about it but are rather vague. They all say they were scared by what he said and think he was dead serious and seriously deranged. Anyone see the live version of Talking Dead and can fill us in?

by Anonymousreply 16204/01/2013

It's finding the balance and a new normal. Carl right now is on the side of the Governor. And Rick is always on the search of returning to pre ZA. Not going to happen. But humans can't live with surviving for survival sake. We aren't animals or the zombies. Who and what are you going to be? And who are you going to love is apart of our humanity. And I love the show for delving into that area. But the show is very inconsistent with its writing and can't write for women or black people to save their lives.

Why didn't they stay in Woodbury which had food, lights and water to the prison? Plus there are more dead bodies at the Prison and so much to clean up to make it livable than Woodbury. They only have to burn Andrea and Milton. And there are real beds in Woodbury.

by Anonymousreply 16304/01/2013

They might feel vulnerable at Woodbury since the Governor set up the town and they don't really know much about the layout. It would be very easy for the Governor to slip back in undetected. I assume they are going to keep going back to clean out the town of supplies and bring back some of the comforts of home. Like decent mattresses, towels, linens and LIQUOR. I know Hershel has a drinking problem, but shit, hide it from him if need be. Of course, they don't always do what I consider the practical thing to do which is to clean out a place in one fell swoop. They are always operating under the rule of take what you need and leave some for someone else. And of course, going out on those frequent runs amps up the drama and sense of dread for the show. Along with some zombie kills.

by Anonymousreply 16404/01/2013

R162 - A guy identifying himself as Bob from Chattanooga called in and said "The hour is coming. The hour is coming. All that are in the grave shall hear his voice..." At that point, he either hung up or the show cut him off.

He was quoting John 5:28. In the finale, the Governor found Hershel's bible in which he had highlight John 5:29 - "...and those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

It was kind of creepy because of his deep, nervous, heavy-breather voice.

by Anonymousreply 16504/01/2013

If you saw Norman Reedus in Lustre, you'd know that he's so gay that it should hurt (but he's smart enough to rub some of Georgia's red clay and mud on his face to add a bit of butch). He doesn't pretend to be straight. (The scene with him taking Carol's hand shows who's the butch one.)

by Anonymousreply 16604/01/2013

Unfortunately, Norman is straight

by Anonymousreply 16704/01/2013

R166. You're an idiot. I'm all for Rick/Daryl getting it on. But unfortunately Norman is straight. I have the dvd of his first gay character in Dark Harbor. Per the Director' commentary- Norman was so nervous about doing his first man on man kiss and worried that he would be able to get it right. As far as his face. He was quite beautiful when he was younger but had a terrible motorcycle accident in Germany. He has a metal eye socket and thought his acting career was over because "he's face looked like hamburger meat." He had a long term relationship with a model and a 13 year old son. Like he said recently; he is very single and very much enjoying his status.

I know we want to color the world in pink but some men are just as heterosexual as we are gay and won't butter their bread on the other side. But you can continue to the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 16804/01/2013

I work on the show. Yeah, she's totally straight.

by Anonymousreply 16904/01/2013

[quote]Daryl and Rick have had the most sexual tension from the beginning of the series but the show will not go there because too many rednecks actually view the show.

Though I don't see Rick as gay, I think they missed an opportunity during season two to have Daryl be written as gay. It seemed, as we learned his background, he was particularly abused as a child by his father (and taunted by Merle) because he was a sensitive boy. This season, however, we learned that Merle was just as abused.

They could still write Daryl as gay, though. He still hasn't really shown any interest in sex with anyone--he just seems closer to Carol because she's been forcing him to open up over the months.

It would be so cool to have one of the biggest badasses on television be revealed to be a gay man. However, I think some of the less evolved fans would revolt. Also, it's so late in the game, it might seem gimmicky (especially in the hands of some of the crappier writers).

by Anonymousreply 17004/01/2013

That phone call was freaky. I bet it was more so hearing it in the studio. Where is the Talking Dead filmed? Norman and the lady both seemed sweaty.

I love Norman's soft voice, it's sweet. And R170 it's way too late for that and I don't think it fits. Daryl seems to be a closed off person, he's had sex but never formed an attachment to anyone because he didn't need to (at least thought so).

by Anonymousreply 17104/01/2013

The show probably thought that killing Andrea at the end of the season would be a big emotional moment.

Not realizing that they were screwing up the character so badly that by that point most fans wanted to see her brutally devoured by zombie Milton.

by Anonymousreply 17204/01/2013

Someone posted this awhile back that the zombies would just decompose until there were no more zombies. Why can't the survivors just wait it out? Also has there been any follow up on the bit from last season with all of them being infected already? Nimble minds need to know. I saw a bit of Talking Dead and Reedus really does have a beautiful face but that hair has to go. Also it is great to see the guy who plays Tyrese on another show as he was truly great on The Wire as Cutty. He was also incredibly hot on that show. Love his face.

by Anonymousreply 17304/01/2013

R173 I missed a lot of the earlier eps so caught up with this last marathon. I didn't know that only Rick knew that everyone was infected for one and two, why didn't they explain to Hershel what they saw at the CDC? Also, why do the dead seem to turn quicker now? Andrea's sister took hours, right?

by Anonymousreply 17404/01/2013

R173 - the scene with Milton was the follow up on everyone being infected. The governor shot Minton (and Merle for that matter) and both came back as Zombies. He intentionally did not shoot them in the head.

by Anonymousreply 17504/01/2013

I like how cool and calm and not screaming her head off in pain Andrea was after having her shoulder ripped out by Milton's teeth.

Pesky things like muscle, joints, cartilage and bone don't hurt much in the ZA. And was half her neck ripped out, too? I couldn't tell, I was falling asleep. I watched that horrible Piven show on PBS at 9 and watched TWD at 11 pm.

by Anonymousreply 17604/01/2013

Laurie Holden revealed that the finale episode was filmed 3 months later than all the rest of the episodes last Dec. Since the show started airing in Oct. They knew that Andrea' character wasn't being well received. I knew something was off with the shooting schedule because in the Clear episode its all sunny and hot. And the next episode they are all wearing jackets.

So bottom line Glen M. gutted the character of Andrea. Fans reacted badly. They fired him and promoted Scott G who re wrote the last 3 episodes and the shot it in December. Laurie said she didn't know her character was going to die until she got the script.

That's why it didn't even seem like a season finale. It seemed more like a clean up on aisle 5. Andrea didn't even resemble her character from season 2 let alone the comics.

And there was no way to bring her back to the group after she repeatedly failed to get a clue about the Governor and she started giving him information about the group. The whole baby daddy drama info the Governor had.

Since trust is still a theme going forward no one in the group except Carol and possible Michonne forgiving her could of accepted her back in the group.

I hope the show will get better but I doubt it. I can see most of the first half on the next season is about how not to raise ae psychotic boy in ZA world. And all the Executive Directors including Kirkman are invested in making Carl the next John Conner. But like they failed to realized about Lori and Andrea. Most of the audience doesn't care about Carl. And will complain again when he is disrespecting Rick and the others adults next season.

by Anonymousreply 17704/01/2013

I'm really dissapointed that the Governor was not killed.

by Anonymousreply 17804/01/2013

r174, they all turn at different times. Some takes hours, some turn instantly.

by Anonymousreply 17904/01/2013

There is something up with Rick. Maybe a little bicurious. The whole Rick/Shane relationship was a little too much. Rick easily forgiving Shane for sleeping with his wife and desperately trying to save that friendship. Rick tried more to save that friendship than his marriage. Also them calling each other brother all the time. Plus the way Shane eat Rick's French fries and Rick commenting on the difference between men and women.

As for Daryl, Norman has said he plays Daryl like he is a virgin. And I don't think Merle called Daryl Darlena because he was a sensitive boy. Merle was out of the house so early he didn't even know that Daryl was abused too.

But the only chemistry I've seen between two of the major characters is with Rick/Daryl from season one episode 3 when Daryl asked Rick "Who the heck are you" and them semi circling each other. And last week scene with Daryl saying back to Rick you are family too and Rick's reaction. Daryl for all purposes said I love you too to Rick.

But like I said too many real rednecks like this show. So they are going to force fed us Daryl and Carol and Rick and Michonne since Andrea is out of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 18004/01/2013

I think Carl was right to kill asthma-boy....the guy was not putting down the weapon.

by Anonymousreply 18104/01/2013

Aw, I was sad to see Andrea die. I admit I cried. I never thought they'd kill off Andrea since she and Rick and Carl are integral to the graphic novels, so even when she revealed the bite, I thought well maybe they'll intro a new twist about some of the people being immune. But no. I'm pissed that this show really fucked that character up.

Also, I'm sorry, but another season at the prison? The governor again as a bad guy? No. He jumped the shark to cartoon villainy the last few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 18204/01/2013

R177, if it's true they decided to kill Andrea because the writers made that character irredeemable and the fans hated her, then they're totally missing the forest for the trees. The whole show needs a revamp but of course it's easier to placate fans by killing off a hated character than to actually dig in and do the work to make the show better.

by Anonymousreply 18304/01/2013

I said goodbye to this show last night, nothing more to see, it's just tiresome and will be the same story told over and over again until the series is finally canceled.

I'm only sorry last night's finale sucked so much. Talk, talk, talk, talk... a little gun fire and then, that's it. Oh, and we get to see an irritating character finally killed off. Fuck, how pathetic was that, especially since viewers we lead to believe that this great, mighty battle was coming to a head.

And then the "governor" killing 99% of his little army. Suspension of disbelief isn't enough for this show.. One needs to be an autistic 6 year old in order to be interested in it.

Too bad, it had a lot of promise but it was fun for a while.

by Anonymousreply 18404/01/2013

I think they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. In the books the Gov is so evil but Andrea is not involved. Here she slept with the enemy, even when her people found her she decided to stay. Laurie was already dead so they could not have Woodbury kill her and they were never going to kill a baby on TV.

Letting the Gov live was a huge mistake. The audience wanted their payoff.

They seem to be merging characters and story lines. Carl seems to be going the Billy/Ben route showing signs of being a killer, Hershel took the Dale role. Carol is nothing like she was in the books (she seduces a kid, goes nuts and lets a zombie eat her). I am curious where they will take it from here.

by Anonymousreply 18504/01/2013

R180, Rick and Shane fooled around in high school. Shane would go on hot dates with girls and come home and tell Rick all about them, and they'd get off together. The times Shane would come home with blue balls, Rick would finish him off.

I'm not sure Rick ever reciprocated but it's all plainly there in the first couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 18604/01/2013

Did anybody else think it was strange that the Gov just.. kinda disappeared at the end?

by Anonymousreply 18704/01/2013

Guess the prison sets cost AMC so much money that they demanded another season in it to recoup their investment.

by Anonymousreply 18804/01/2013

make it a dream season. Andrea can wake up from her sickness she had at the beginning of the season when she was traveling with Michonne.....redo the season over.

by Anonymousreply 18904/01/2013

[quote]The whole show needs a revamp but of course it's easier to placate fans by killing off a hated character than to actually dig in and do the work to make the show better.

And the hatred for her was so transparently feuded by bad writing. People KNEW it was the writing that made her awful. She wasn't just a dumb character who made bad decisions, it was that her decisions had no basis in reality or any apparent believable motive.

The audience wasn't buying her reasons, she didn't state any until the very end when the writers felt like they had to explain themselves- and none of "I just wanted people to live" ... made ANY sense at all.

It was lazy, lazy writing from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 19004/01/2013

Wow, I only read the graphic novels and am shocked by the changes made for the show. I watched the first and second seasons and didn't find the show to be anywhere near as good or scary as the novels. Sounds like this season really fucking sucked.

by Anonymousreply 19104/01/2013

[]I like how cool and calm and not screaming her head off in pain Andrea was after having her shoulder ripped out by Milton's teeth.

I liked how zombie Milton was nice enough to pull her jacket all the way back before taking chunk out of her shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 19204/01/2013

How much do you think the actors like Andrea and Rick make per episode? I always wonder, when they die, their goes a nice fat paycheck. Now what? Even though this is a huge hit, it's not like the actors have real name recognition with the exception of Andrew Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 19304/01/2013

The guy playing the Governor has a respectable resume back in the UK R193. The guy playing Herschel has a pretty respectable career along with Michael Rooker (Merle).

by Anonymousreply 19404/01/2013

Yeah, I wondered why Milton didn't start devouring Andrea face first. Would have been interesting if the group found her and she was missing an eye, like the guv.

And why didn't those last two guys just fucking shoot the governor? He'd shot everyone else. Stands to reason he'd shoot them, too. So the best thing would have been to shoot his ass ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 19504/01/2013

yes, R187. And, oh boy, was that exciting.

At least I thought they would go back and attack the ones left at the prison.

by Anonymousreply 19604/01/2013

Laurie/Andrea exit interview. Like I said the season was a mess of bad writing and the new show runner had to try to patch up the mess but it was too late. The show does pay too much attention to its screaming fans but they don't get what is seriously wrong with the show.

There has been so many why didn't throughout the season that its become laughable. And another season at the walker infested prison. Woodbury would have been better. Yes, the Governor knows the town but there are no secret passage ways to get in or the walkers would of been there already. The prison has a gaping whole in its side. All the gates are broken and the watch towers blown to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 19804/01/2013

It really does seem like the writers fucked up the Andrea character then in order to make up for it, they decided to kill her.

I was reading something on Hollywood Reporter and apparently the plan for Season 3 had been for Andrea to become the leader of Woodbury.

I've linked the behind the scenes to the making of the episode and the actress looks so sad :( poor thing, didn't realize her character would die so soon.

by Anonymousreply 19904/01/2013

I have a feeling they will flash forward to the Alexandria Safe Zone storyline.

by Anonymousreply 20004/01/2013

What a piss poor finale. We have to endure the stupid prison and Governor next season too?

Andrea, chatting with Milton rather than trying to free herself as he slowly turns, deserved to die. Dumb death. At least it was consistent with every dumb decision the character has made this season. I actually liked her character at one time but TWD has a way of putting me off even the most empathetic characters by having them do or say the most illogical things simply to advance the plot. Exception being Darryl.

by Anonymousreply 20104/01/2013

Actually Andrea' death didn't even further the plot. It was senseless.

by Anonymousreply 20204/01/2013

Where do people get the idea that the writers are listening to fanboys? Isn't the show taped far in advance? Wasn't Andrea's death written before the episodes showing her character becoming insufferable aired?

by Anonymousreply 20304/01/2013

No, R203. I take it you've skimmed the thread and haven't read some of the linked interviews. Andrea's death was a shock even to the actress herself. The last episode(s) were taped fairly recently, 3 months after the rest and there were reshoots.

Contrast this death with that of Sarah Wayne Callies' character, Lorie - she was told that he character would die in season 3 before they even started shooting the season. Laurie Holden who plays Andrea had no clue and apparently the writers changed their mind at some point during the season. Apparently there was a lot of disagreement about doing it.

On a happier note - here's a fun cast picture with Darryl sticking his tongue in Glen's ear!

by Anonymousreply 20404/01/2013

R203 read Laurie interview on page 10. The season finale was rewritten by the new show runner and filmed in December. The cast/crew usually begin shooting in April and it starts to air in October.

Plus you can tell that in the Clear episode everyone is hot and sweaty and then the next episode all the them are were jackets and the foliage changed.

So they started airing season 3 in October got some bad fan reaction to Andrea and the show, fired Glen M., hired Scott Gimple and rewrote and reshot the season finale. I think they reshot the cat and mouse episode too.

by Anonymousreply 20504/01/2013

Killing off Laurie/Andrea was necessary for the big burst next season. The writers were painted into a corner, Glenn was fired, and everyone had to patch things up and CYA. Season 4 begins filming shortly, and everything changes.

by Anonymousreply 20604/01/2013

I'm watching the Gov as Col. Brandon in Sense and Sensibility right now. Matthew from DA is Edward Ferrars in this version.

The cast is good but I don't like Dominic Cooper as Willoughby.

by Anonymousreply 20704/01/2013

R193, Scott Wilson (Herschel) has been fairly busy since "In Cold Blood" circa 1967.

by Anonymousreply 20804/01/2013

The finale was interesting because it had me on the edge of my seat. Between creepy Milton telling Andrea "I'm not dead yet... but you'd better hurry" and the Governor going all Columbine on his army, this episode was a trip. It felt very much unlike the rest of the season.

The writers made a HUGE mistake killing off Andrea. Her character came off badly BECAUSE of the bad writing, and not because of the actress herself.

I actually loved the Andrea character, as she progressed from losing her sister, to breaking away from Dale, to hooking up with Shane and becoming a much tougher individual after that, and then being rescued by Michonne and forming that relationship.

I was very sympathetic to Andrea from the beginning, but the writers did a total 180 on her character, and took her from this evolution, back to this pathetic, whimpering, domesticated... nothing. More than anything else, this was probably my biggest disappointment with the show, so far.

And for those hoping for a Michonne/Andrea final kiss? Not in a Kirkman comic, no sir. Gay people don't exist in THAT reality.

The final insult came by nicely tying up her storyline with, "I acted like such a dumb bitch this whole season, because I just didn't want anyone to die." What a crock of shit writing.

I actually think that killing her character off was payback because Laurie Holden was one of the few remaining Frank Darabont loyalists. Carol had better watch her back.

Killing off Milton was another missed opportunity. His character was so wonderfully creepy, and the show desperately needed a deep thinker brainiac type, in a world full of tough guys and psychos.

The writers could have done amazing things with Milton because the actor who played him had such a nice mix of being creepy and strange, and yet you could still sympathize with him. Just goes to show you that the producers and writers have NO CLUE about how to improve the show.

At this point, the show has lost nearly all of the characters that I had some connection to, save for Rick, Daryl, and Glenn. I've grown to like Hershel and Maggie, but I'm not sure how much longer they can sustain my interest.

After seeing what a complete maniac the Governor character has become, and how the show just let him walk off the way he did, without anyone questioning him, or attempting to kill him, and just jumping in the car and saying, "ok let's go!" this had to be one of the most ridiculous moments in this show's history. And we're talking about a zombie apocalypse.

And THEN, to see the busload of senior citizens and children drive-up to the prison, just doesn't bode well for next season.

So now we have an abandoned Woodbury and a prison full of nursing home patients and daycare kids? Oh, man.

I just don't see where the show can go from this point forward, and still be my Walking Dead from season one.

by Anonymousreply 20904/01/2013

I agree with everything r209 said.

by Anonymousreply 21004/01/2013

There is a gay couple in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 21104/01/2013

The busload of liabilities will be the biggest problem for Season 4. How are they going to address this? Why even create this problem? I just don't get it.

As for the Governor getting away, he has become so much a part of the show that I can't imagine it without him now.

I really liked Andrea. I don't read any of the online fan threads about the show so I had no idea there was a backlash against the character. To me, she's always been one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 21204/01/2013

God forbid have old people, we know how the queens feel about carbs and old people. It makes sense all the survivors are old since all the young people were in the army. Don't worry I have a feeling all those people will not be around for long next season. Or they will skip ahead and have them on the road.

by Anonymousreply 21304/01/2013

While the MIlton character was certainly not fey, he didn't show any interest in women, and may have been a gay man who simply did not act on his impulses or never had sex with anyone, male or female. Choosing instead to reject the baser instincts of sex for more intellectual pursuits. He was socially awkward with every one but Philip. He may have been in love with Philip and served as an ersatz wife for the Governor. Not that his love was reciprocated. He wanted Milton for his mind not his body. The women the Gov bedded didn't mean anything to him. Including Andrea. He was only interested in how other people could be used to advance his vision for a utopian society where he was God.

by Anonymousreply 21404/01/2013

R212, honestly I've been reading the comments at different sites today, and a lot of people are pissed that Andrea was killed. I've always liked Andrea too even though she did make mistakes. Honestly, I think it might just have been a small but loud contingency of Andrea haters.

That's fine R213, but you know the show is just going to use them as bait/walker cover. That's the only purpose they're being introduced. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 21504/01/2013

Arguably, the old people and kids give a purpose to Ricktopia.

Just like 'lil asks kicker is the hope for the future, the community that makes compassion the basis for their society has a chance against the governor's manta of kill or be killed.

The governor's way, eventually everybody dies because there is no trust.

Hopefully, the citizens won't be sheep, people will be able to defend themselves...but care for each other.

At this point in the story they WOULD pick up the hitchhiker.

Crappy writing and plotting...

by Anonymousreply 21604/01/2013

[quote] I've been reading the comments at different sites today, and a lot of people are pissed that Andrea was killed. I've always liked Andrea too even though she did make mistakes.

It's not surprising. Andrea had her flaws (as do all the other characters), but she was redeemable because there was something so quietly sweet about her. She's the kind of girl that everybody wants as a friend, because she seems to have a good heart - not unlike the actress herself.

As I mentioned before, the show suffers from too much testosterone. Too many Ricks and Shanes and Governors and minions, eager to slash, stab, kill and gun down.

It is seriously lacking in moral centers like Dale and Hershel, as well as smart people like Milton and (seasons 1 and 2) Andrea.

Even if the show introduced them at this point, I don't know how I would respond to them because they are not part of the "core" group.

I almost feel like all the new characters are just extras. That's the problem with killing off all the main actors.

by Anonymousreply 21704/01/2013

Rick is trying to bring civilization back as a tutorial for Carl. I agree with everything said by R209.

And sorry Walker bait Season 4 in a redo of Season 3. There were some good philosophical points with the Carl/Rick dialogue but the rest of the finale was a waste.

And the show still doesn't understand the problem they have. Most of the audience don't care about Carl. So him as the new John Conner is a wasted investment. Now Judith is far more interesting because this is the only life she has known.

The actor who plays Milton is gay in real life.

by Anonymousreply 21804/01/2013

[quote]Carl is definitely being positioned to be a major problem in the future. Hopefully Rick and Michonne can reign him in before he goes off the deep end.

Amazing how wooden this kid still is as an actor. After three years in front of the camera, the kid still can't act.

[quote]I like how cool and calm and not screaming her head off in pain Andrea was after having her shoulder ripped out by Milton's teeth.

That's the second version. Apparently the first version, Andrea wasn't so noble. Must really suck as an actor to be fired the first day of the last episode of the season. But as she states, that's the nature of this show, absolutely no one is safe and they know it going in.

by Anonymousreply 21904/01/2013

Kirkman tries to explain the problems and inconsistencies in Season 3.

He actually sounds more indignant, than anything else. You can almost feel the assholery coming through his responses.

by Anonymousreply 22004/01/2013

r218 Dallas Roberts is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 22104/01/2013

[quote]Just like 'lil asks kicker is the hope for the future, the community that makes compassion the basis for their society has a chance against the governor's manta of kill or be killed.

But they've been playing that tired note since the beginning. And the show's answer is always kindness=death. Time and time again. Sure there may be a nice moment or two, but it always ends in misery and death and violence.

Honestly, they need to hire some of the Battlestar Galactica writers. They knew how to write a dark, smart, post-apocalyptic, ensemble show.

by Anonymousreply 22204/01/2013

So basically they got rid of the strongest female character. I like to like Michonne but she seems to have that same expression on her face forever.

Same facial issue with Carl who is most likely to get off next season.

by Anonymousreply 22304/01/2013

R222, I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 22404/01/2013

Rick and Shane were in love but never dared admit it. Shane was jealous and hurt when Rick chose Daryl as his right hand man. He sensed the chemistry between them.

by Anonymousreply 22504/01/2013

Michael Ausiello had an exclusive interview with Laurie Holden (Andrea), and she shed some interesting light on what happened to her:

[quote] I didn’t get the official word until a few days before we began (shooting) the finale. It was a shock to everyone. It was never part of the original story docs for Season 3. And it was rather unexpected. That said, this is The Walking Dead. This show is not conventional by any means — and we know that as actors going in. So you roll with it. You show up, you do the best job you can, and you honor the storytelling. Overall, this has been an extraordinary experience and I just feel so blessed to have been a part of it.

I'm glad she was classy about a very un-gracious send off.

Norman Reedus seemed equally bummed out by Laurie's departure, when he appeared on Talking Dead.

I wish all the fired actors would come out and blast AMC and Kirkman for all their dirty dealings.

This is certainly no way to treat the actors on the most popular cable show of all time.

And it irritates me even more that all the money made from Walking Dead is being siphoned off and put into that giant turd, Mad Men.

They were whoring out that show HARD, during Walking Dead, even though most people who like Walking Dead, would never watch Mad Men. Those are two completely different genres, whose fans would most likely never watch the other.

AMC sucks ass. "AMC: Story Matters Here." Pfft. Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 22604/01/2013

Dallas Roberts in not only not gay but he named one of his sons "Reverend". I'm guessing old school fundie.

by Anonymousreply 22704/01/2013

[quote] Dallas Roberts in not only not gay but he named one of his sons "Reverend". I'm guessing old school fundie.

I'm not gay either. And I have 10 sons! What's your point, Mary?

by Anonymousreply 22804/01/2013

That is the biggest bunch of horse shit I've ever read, R229.

There has been ZERO mention or even hint at anyone or anything being gay in three seasons of Walking Dead.

We're not asking for zombies marching through the streets, waving fucking rainbow flags. But even SOME acknowledgement that gay people exist - even in a zombie apocalypse - would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 23004/01/2013

R226, I love both Mad Men and Walking Dead. I also like that no character is safe in Walking Dead. Laurie Holden kind of hit the nail on the head in her interview. It's an apocalypse, no one should be safe. I don't care about the politics of AMC, like the story line it's the survival of the fittest.

by Anonymousreply 23204/01/2013

I think r229 woad talking about Dallas Roberts being gay, not a character on the show. And wasn't Roberts out at the time of A Home at the End of the World?

And AMC has a new slogan now, but I can't remember it even though they played it 100 times last night!

by Anonymousreply 23304/01/2013

Norman being sad Laurie 's character dying seemed very real.

by Anonymousreply 23404/01/2013

R229= winner of the "most self-loathing human being ever to post on DL". Quite an accomplishment!

by Anonymousreply 23504/01/2013

Norman is always making gay jokes and references about himself.

by Anonymousreply 23604/01/2013

Anyone else think there was SOOOOOOO many commercials during the program?

It was like 35 minutes of show, and 25 minutes of commercials.

by Anonymousreply 23704/01/2013

I hate that they killed off the biggest part of the books.

I have a feeling they have wrote themselves into a corner with all the old people and children. I have a feeling they will fast forward to the Alexandria Safe Zone story line to explain all that away.

by Anonymousreply 23804/01/2013

Even if you are religious why would you saddle your kid with a name like Reverend?

by Anonymousreply 23904/02/2013

R231...NO, it wouldn't. There were gay characters in the BOOK. The show is too fucking conservative.

by Anonymousreply 24004/02/2013

Yes, hopefully they fast forward and explain in flashbacks that all those people were viciously slaughtered by walkers breaching the prison gates.

by Anonymousreply 24104/02/2013

They miscast the part of Carl. His face just makes me want to slap him, he is not likeable enough for people to root for him.

by Anonymousreply 24204/02/2013

r226 I watch Mad Men, The Killing, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 24304/02/2013

The Governor and his two idiot henchman still have plenty of weapons including machine guns and bazooka launchers. It wouldn't be hard to do serious damage to the gates that seal off Woodbury with those bazookas. Without them, Woodbury would be wide open to walkers. The people who were unable to fight andstayed behind are unarmed as well as being sick and elderly. Woodbury is not as safe as the prison. The gates at the prison can be rebuilt. The debris from the towers can be removed since the walls of the staircases appear to be intact. They could still be used as a look out posts. The cell block where Axel and Oscar were living has already been cleared of walkers and is livable. What Rick's group needs to do is clean out Woodbury of everything and anything that would be useful. And they would need to do it fast. The jeep with the machine gun would be useful. I have to believe that it could be hot wired. And the military truck would be ideal to transport the stuff from Woodbury. I'm sure they are doing all of this as I type and when we re-join them in October, the prison will have been transformed into an idyllic Borscht belt type five-star resort complete with stand up comedy and Bubbie's award winning matzoh ball soup. Mazel Tov.

by Anonymousreply 24504/02/2013

This question to Kirkman answers exactly how I feel about Andrea. Dumb audience members don't realize she can't see everything WE see.

Were you surprised by the criticism directed at her? And, looking back, would you do anything differently? Looking back, there are probably a few things we could’ve done to stem that. It wasn’t our intention to have a small but vocal portion of the audience not really behind her. We really wanted to show this character as someone who was optimistic about the possibilities of Woodbury. In the end, it’s always a risk having the audience know something that the character doesn’t. But we felt it was important to show the optimism in her. To show, in a sense, how desperate she was to have something to hold on to and be optimistic about. Some audience members didn’t react favorably to that. I do think it was a misreading of the situation. I see a lot of people saying, “Why doesn’t she know the Governor is a bad guy?” We’re seeing a larger picture that the character is not seeing. And some audience members didn’t key into that as much as we would’ve liked them too.

by Anonymousreply 24604/02/2013

I've read the graphic novels and I've seen the first two seasons on DVD but none of the third season.

What the fuck about Andrea? Ridiculous. Can they really afford to be killing off one of the only women on the show who's of any fucking use? She was one of my favorite characters. I don't think I'll be following the show anymore.

I'll stick with the graphic novels and the first season of the show. Fuck them and all their money-saving, creativity-sucking show changes. I mean, honestly, is there any way they can fix it. Could it have been a nightmare or something? Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 24704/02/2013

I'm pretty sure r225 was kidding, r244. But even if he wasn't he is certainly entitled to give voice to his fanstasies. Gay fantasies about two fictional characters on a Gay gossip site. Makes sense to me. Why are you here?

by Anonymousreply 24804/02/2013

I watch all of the AMC shows as well. Smart writing is smart writing, no matter the genre. I fell out of sync with Mad Men but I do want to catch up on the episodes. Maybe I'll devote a lazy weekend to that on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 24904/02/2013

That response from Kirkman infuriates me. If that is what he wanted the audience to see from Andrea's perspective then it should have been written that way. They made her look like a disloyal, dick deprived cooze with a school girl crush on the man with the biggest balls in town. Her brain turned to mush faster than a walkers after a rub of the relic. She trusted Milton, the Governor's right hand man, and spilled her guts to him about Rick and the group at the prison. Did she think Milton would keep that information to himself? Did they have to make her delusional as well as love sick? And even after she became aware of the Governor's true intent and character she chose to go back and then didn't do what the audience expected of her. To kill him or die trying. It's a shame what they did to the character and how they allowed the actress who played her to take the fall for their shitty writing and plot devices.

by Anonymousreply 25004/02/2013

{quote] I take it you've skimmed the thread

Nope. Not at all. I've read the whole thing. And in the interviews I read, none of the actors said that the last 3 episodes were shot months after the others or that there were reshoots.

I did not see The Talking Dead because I watched the 11 pm airing of the Walking Dead which, last time I checked, was ok to do.

by Anonymousreply 25104/02/2013

R242 - I know! I keep rooting for Carl to get killed.

by Anonymousreply 25204/02/2013

[quote] The busload of liabilities will be the biggest problem for Season 4. How are they going to address this?

Most are redshirts.

[quote] I see a lot of people saying, “Why doesn’t she know the Governor is a bad guy?” We’re seeing a larger picture that the character is not seeing. (Kirkman)

Then how does he explain that Michonne knew the governor was a bad guy the second she met him, before the audience saw him do anything bad? Michonne walked around like she was smelling a pile of shit for no reason at all.

So you've got one character who is onto the governor practically before he is onto himself, and a character who is constantly being warned about the governor and refusing to see he is bad.

Oh yeah, great storytelling. Sensible.

by Anonymousreply 25304/02/2013

[quote] I take it you've skimmed the thread and haven't read some of the linked interviews. Andrea's death was a shock even to the actress herself. The last episode(s) were taped fairly recently, 3 months after the rest and there were reshoots.

Uh, no.

From Robert Kirkman

"The death of Andrea was already shot well before these last eight episodes aired. So it’s not really even possible to use fan reaction to guide story."

by Anonymousreply 25404/02/2013

I'm confused. Didn't the actress say she only found out she would die 3 days before shooting the last episode? The last episode was shot months after the others.

by Anonymousreply 25504/02/2013

Kirkman's lying. Laurie said that they filmed the season finale in December. Plus you can tell that from the Clear episode it was hot and the cast were sweaty but the next by the season finale they are all wearing heavy jackets and the foliage had changed.

As for Michonne knowing something suspect about the Governor. She checked out the army trucks he brought back and saw the bullet holes and fresh blood. So the story the Gov told the townfolk was bs and she figured out that the Governor and his henchman mowed down the military for their weapons and resources.

by Anonymousreply 25604/02/2013

Plus Kirkman was saying something else totally different in a buzz feed interview.

by Anonymousreply 25704/02/2013

R256, you're making a leap that relies on information the audience had and Michonne's distrust of everyone. She could have thought the vehicles were abandoned like so many others have been while the bullet holes and blood resulted from fending off walkers. That would have been a reasonable conclusion to reach. She may have been right with her deduction this time; but she could have as easily been wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25804/02/2013

She disliked him before she saw the bullet holes.

by Anonymousreply 25904/02/2013

Watching the first season I realized that I never liked Andrea. Glad she's gone. I might feel differently if I had read the novels but for the show? She was always a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26004/02/2013

Here's a little something I discovered from Season 1. When Rick is hanging out with Morgan and his son the zombie wife is none other than Mrs. Cosby herself, Phylicia Rashad. I certainly recognize her.

by Anonymousreply 26104/02/2013

[quote] zombie wife is none other than Mrs. Cosby herself, Phylicia Rashad. I certainly recognize her

It's the woman who played Tara's mother on True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 26204/02/2013

I don't know that show R262. My info was taken from a news article.

by Anonymousreply 26304/02/2013

I admit I'm tired of them killing off all the likable black characters. Michonne is okay but for fuck's sake could they let one black guy live for awhile? I liked T-Dog and I thought that woman from Season 1 could have been a good character. Maybe they well let Tyrese and his daughter live for awhile. God knows they need more women to go round.

Am I to assume that the Governor is alive and off with his two cohorts? Why they didn't kill him is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 26504/02/2013

This bears repeating - from -- Michael Ausiello who interviewed Laurie Holden --

[quote]I didn’t get the official word until a few days before we began (shooting) the finale. It was a shock to everyone. It was never part of the original story docs for Season 3. And it was rather unexpected.

Kirkman is lying about it being planned all along. Of course it's in his benefit to do so.

by Anonymousreply 26604/02/2013

Oh, and it's just as well, that there are no gay characters on the show. As it is, they write the women and minority characters like shit. I can't imagine what kind of disservice they'd do to a portrayal of a gay character.

This Salon article makes some good points about the treatment of characters who are not white and/or male --

by Anonymousreply 26704/02/2013

For all we know, Daryl could be gay. His sexuality is so repressed/stunted because of the abuse that it's hard to really tell what he is. He kind of winced and recoiled when Carol practically threw herself at him.

It was clear from his facial expressions that Martinez was just as freaked by the Gov's meltdown as everyone else was but didn't make a move for fear he would get gunned down like the others. I think him and the other guy are biding their time and waiting for the right moment when his guard is down to either kill him or run away.

by Anonymousreply 26804/02/2013

R267, at least they have SOME racial diversity, given there are black, Hispanic and female characters; even in lead roles.

I agree with more diversity but this is a television show, not a reality program where we get to vote for the demographical makeup of the cast.

The person who keeps bitching about how one woman has been treated apparently has missed all the gratuitous carnage of men, so I don't understand the argument claiming 'Andrea' was somehow mistreated.

I'm gay and a man and would really like to see non-stereotypical gay men portrayed and represented. But, that's not happened. So if anything, the gay (and lesbian) community has a valid beef there. But it's Hollywood..

by Anonymousreply 26904/02/2013

Interesting article @R267 but their main demographic is young, straight men so the writing is going to reflect that.

by Anonymousreply 27004/02/2013

[quote]Then how does he explain that Michonne knew the governor was a bad guy the second she met him, before the audience saw him do anything bad? Michonne walked around like she was smelling a pile of shit for no reason at all.

Untrue. Go back and watch again.

The only mystery is why she didn't do anything to communicate with Andrea about the Governor... like SHOWING her the daughter, the heads in the jars, and sharing her suspicions about the army trucks (with bullet holes).

by Anonymousreply 27104/02/2013

Andrea saw the heads and the zombie daughter. She was so cockstruck over Philip she didn't even question it.

by Anonymousreply 27304/02/2013

Haven't you ever met someone, talked with them a while, and decided "This person is full of shit"?

Michonne has had experience of bad, bad, men before, as evidenced by the chained up walkers.

Between the Governor taking her sword and his smiley BS...she KNEW something was wrong.

I agree with R271, the mystery is why she couldn't use her words to explain that to Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 27404/02/2013

Season 1 and 2 Andrea got a lot of criticism but I thought she was consistently written and there were actual attempts to characterize her unlike many of the other characters. But season 3 Andrea was like a completely new character who was was written to serve the Governor storyline.

I think the network is probably happy to get rid of a lot of these more mature actresses like those playing Andrea and Lori to give the fresh young actresses more screentime.

by Anonymousreply 27504/02/2013

R272 = R209 et all. You're coming very close to the troll label R272. If you'd stop posting incessant threads bitching about men, or at least have the since to finally clear your cache, which apparently you have, you wouldn't attract the attention.

by Anonymousreply 27604/02/2013

[quote] Kirkman is lying about it being planned all along. Of course it's in his benefit to do so.

But he is not lying about the season finale having been filmed before the last 8 episodes aired. It was filmed in December. The mid season episodes started airing in February. So all 8 episodes of the mini season were in the can. It's been during these past 8 episodes that people have been fed up with Andrea and saying they hope she gets killed. Kirkman was pointing out that viewer opinion couldn't possibly have anything to do with the season finale because it had already been filmed.

by Anonymousreply 27704/02/2013

261, that is so not Phylicia Rashad.

by Anonymousreply 27804/02/2013

Calm down, R276. R209 has made a lot of interesting points throughout this thread and other WD threads. Just because you disagree does not make someone a troll. You're certainly free to defend your view though.

by Anonymousreply 27904/02/2013

Take it up with the media R278. Here's another link.

by Anonymousreply 28004/02/2013

As far as black males they are adding Tyrese, from the prision who Rick kicked out. He was actually with the group in the book long before that.

He and Carol had sex in the book and Carol goes nuts when he cheats on her.

by Anonymousreply 28104/02/2013

It really didn't seem like a season finale to me.

by Anonymousreply 28204/02/2013

What happened to The governor in the books?

by Anonymousreply 28304/02/2013

R277. It doesn't matter than the season finale was filmed prior to the last 8 episodes being shown. For the beginning of the season, the show did a 180 on Andrea with her falling so in lust with the Governor and not listening to Michonne. That when the audience began hating on Andrea and wanting her gone. The rest of the season just reinforce that feeling.

As for how they treat women and minorities. My problem is that they took a strong comic book heroine and changed her into dick groveling jerk. And her character was not even remotely similar to season 1 and 2. Andrea was not such a peacenik when she didn't care if Randall was executed.

So how can a character go from not caring if a young man is killed to being such an human rights activist that she does't want to kill a man who has done terrible things to her "family" and has heads floating in jars?

What they did to Andrea' is akin to turning Laura Croft from the Tomb Raider into a nervous nelly sniveling little brat.

And why introduce Tyrese in this season. The only thing he did was open the gate in the season finale. What the show has to have at least one black person on the show at all times.

by Anonymousreply 28404/02/2013

in the books Michonne flays him.

by Anonymousreply 28504/02/2013

Great photo of Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride. Norman looks a little like Charles Bronson.

by Anonymousreply 28604/02/2013

Why would they care if the audience disliked the character. All good stories should have a character you love to hate.

by Anonymousreply 28704/02/2013

That was the Governor' role not the lead female protagonist.

by Anonymousreply 28804/03/2013

[quote] Great photo of Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride.

I got my actresses confused and expected to open the link and see him with Melissa McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 28904/03/2013

I fear that if Kirkman did include gay characters he'd make either somehow stereotypical or inept, they'd certainly be neutered and sexless so the audience and AMC wouldn't be too uncomfortable with the fairies and want them gone too like they did Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 29004/03/2013

Will Carol/Melissa McBride finally get upgraded to series regular & get her name in the opening credits? They need to give her more to do - she's always been the best actress in the cast.

But I don't really want to see a romantic relationship between her and Daryl, I like them as friends.

by Anonymousreply 29104/03/2013

Rick and Michonne should totally hook up!

Probably won't happen for years and years, if ever, but I would like to see it.

Hated that they killed off Andrea and what they did to her character. They turned into a stupid cock hungry woman, and I have no clue why.

by Anonymousreply 29204/03/2013

Bitches, the Governor is still alive.

And I have a feeling what he did to Michonne in the comics might happen in season 4.

by Anonymousreply 29304/03/2013

Andrea wasn't so bad in the first 8 episodes of season three. She'd been out in the woods with Michonne since forever and was glad to have a safe, warm place to stay and what seemed like a sensitive and caring governor.

Michonne never told Andrea of the zombie daughter, the fish tanks or the blasted army vehicles. Andrea thought michonne's dislike of the governor was not warranted based on the governor's behavior in front of Andrea.

The midseason finale came when Daryl and Merle were pitted against each other in the zombie pit. Andrea tried to stop it. She did not know that Glenn and Maggie had been taken prisoner. When she sees Daryl in the pit, it's the first time she has seen someone from her old crew.

It wasn't until the last 8 episodes of the season that she chose to remain with the governor even though she knew her crew was out there.

If Michonne had opened her mouth and put words into sentences and conveyed what she saw to Andrea, it's likely Andrea would have left the governor and gone with her.

When the final 8 eps aired, Andrea was reduced to a nattering idiot.

by Anonymousreply 29404/03/2013

The horrible, completely ineffectual actor who plays the governor has been made a regular for season four along with Tyrese and his wife/gf/whatever, according to Nikki Finke.

The show is now officially unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 29504/03/2013

Actually R295 if you see him in his British movies he's fine.

by Anonymousreply 29604/03/2013

Actually Michonne only didn't tell Andrea about the military vehicles. Andrea was in the Governor' room and saw with her own eyes dead Penny the walker, the human heads in jars and that Michonne poke the Governor' eye out. She also saw that he was willing to put Daryl/Merle in a fight to the death against walkers. She saw more than Michonne saw before she left and Andrea still stayed even after going to the prison and hearing everything from "her family".

The show really dumb down Andrea just to serve the Governor' plot line. And why haven't his two henchman blow his brains out. To serve the Governor' plot line. The same goes for the twenty plus walkers who surrounded him while he was chasing Andrea. The Governor' plot line is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 29704/04/2013

Andrea sees the zombie heads and Penny in the last few minutes of episode 8, the mid season finale. She has just found a photo of the governor and his family and his wife looks much like Andrea. She walks in as Michonne skewers the governor in the eye and holds a gun on Michonne, telling her to leave the injured governor alone. At this point, she only knows the governor is hurt, there's a downed little girl walker in the room and sees the broken fish tanks. Michonne leaves and Andrea finds out that the little girl was the governor's daughter and she feels sympathy for him. He says the heads are part of his and Milton's research. It still doesn't seem so bad to her and she still doesn't get why Michonne is after the governor's ass.

When the series came back in January, Andrea had lost any shred of common sense and persisted in making excuses for Philip despite having seen the zombie games and the Daryl and Merle contest. She's irredeemable by the end of episode nine.

by Anonymousreply 29804/04/2013

The Governor could be a great villain IF as everyone said, the writing didnt fail him as it does the other characters. I would love a villain who is truly manipulative and devious and smart...along with heros who keep their brains. But as others have said, Andrea became an idiot especially after seeing the heads, and the Governor is now some Super Villain from a movie who can stand in an open field without getting shot, has eyes in the back of his head to see a walker coming, and somehow can calm down a walker feeding frenzy and escape even though trapped in a stairwell with them...(for which the show took the easy way out and never explained.) He is now the Michael Myers/Jason Voorhies of the WD.

by Anonymousreply 29904/04/2013

I hope they don't extend the Governor plot line. He only has two people with him, they know he is bat shit crazy and he lost all his fire power.

Adding the regulars it's pretty clear to me they will FF to Alexandria and bastardize the story line so that the GOV is the leader of the hunters. (Alexandria Safe zone is kind of like Woodbury but no insane man running it, in fact they ask Rick to take over - then our heroes find out that they have to pay up to these Hunters for "protection." I have a feeling that this is where Rick and Michonne will get captured by the gov and tortured.

by Anonymousreply 30004/04/2013

They are extending the governor's storyline, dragging it out one more season. One more season of the prison/Woodbury storyline. Why?

by Anonymousreply 30104/05/2013

Another poster said it's because the suits at AMC want to get their monies worth from the prison set. Apparently, it was expensive to build. When the new season starts in October, the story will have progressed six months, and there will be major changes to the prison. They will probably try to repair at least one of the towers for a look out point and a place to get away and have nookie for those who have paired off in the prison group My guess is Tyreese and Karen. Michonne and Rick. Hershel and the woman with the arthritic hands. Carol and Daryl will continue the will they or won't they tango. I guess they are going to plant a garden, fix the chain link fences, give the interior a coat of paint, and fix up the cells with some of the personal effects of the Woodburians, to give it a homey appearance. There will probably be limited electricity thanks to the generators they grabbed from Woodbury. I don't remember if the female Dr. was in the assault group, but if she survived I'm sure we will see a small medical clinic, as well as a nursery for Judith and the kid who looked to be about a year old. Oh yeah. A bible study group. (rolls eyes)

by Anonymousreply 30204/05/2013

And cubicles decorated with cutesy sayings and cartoons salvaged from old newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 30304/05/2013

Bible Study?

R302, that always cracks me up in movies after an apocalypse when people turn to the Bible like in "Book of Eli".

Right, like it worked so good the first time.

by Anonymousreply 30404/05/2013

I might add, that when they inevitably have to leave the prison, either because of an assault by the Governor and the new group he leads, another band of evil miscreants or an over run of the prison by a huge herd of walkers, it will be a more heatbreaking decision because they put so much work into making the prison a home and the sense of community it gave them. I would guess that a couple of key players will die in the attempt to get away. Maybe Sasha, Karen, Hershel, and or Carol, as well as most of the newer members of the prison group. I'd give another eye roll but I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 30504/05/2013

I like the fact that Norman Reedus is still resisting doing the conventional pairing up with Carol. The writers kind of defer to him since he created his character and has a large and vocal fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 30604/05/2013

Carol really is more of a mother figure to Daryl. She may want and need more from him but I don't think he's ever going to cross that line. They may never pair him up. Darryl is one of those guys who doesn't really know how to forge an emotional bond with a woman due to trust issues. He probably jacks off. ALOT.

by Anonymousreply 30704/05/2013

Just saw the last two episodes and even though I've read every word on this thread prior to viewing I was still on the edge of my seat and was moved by Darryl's reaction to Merle's death and by Milton and Andrea's deaths.

Looking forward to the six month jump when the series returns..

by Anonymousreply 30804/06/2013

The Sorrowful Life episode was great. The season finale wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 30904/07/2013

Carol and Daryl are mismatched to me. I agree with the other poster, she appears more of a mother figure than lover.

by Anonymousreply 31004/07/2013

If they any guts at all...which CLEARLY they don't...they'd make Daryl gay. But that would never happen on this show.

by Anonymousreply 31104/07/2013

If they did make him gay they probably would kill him 2 seconds later. The only sexual tension Daryl had was with the Latino member of the other side...

by Anonymousreply 31204/07/2013

Daryl has had lots of sexual tension with Rick Grimes. And some of the dialogue between them has gay undertones. "I need you"; "don leave me"; "can't do this with out you"; and, "you are family too".

by Anonymousreply 31304/08/2013

R284 says:

[quote]As for how they treat women and minorities. My problem is that they took a strong comic book heroine and changed her into dick groveling jerk. And her character was not even remotely similar to season 1 and 2. Andrea was not such a peacenik when she didn't care if Randall was executed.

So how can a character go from not caring if a young man is killed to being such an human rights activist that she does't want to kill a man who has done terrible things to her "family" and has heads floating in jars?[/quote]

But remember that she ultimately sided with Dale (who objected to Randall's execution) and was the only one to oppose his execution along with Dale.

by Anonymousreply 31404/08/2013

But she sided with Dale with not much conviction or protest like Dale did. The fact that she didn't back up Dale forcefully for a young man whose crimes were unseen or identified but became a vocal advocate for peace in light of seeing the Governor in action doesn't make sense.

Plus I didn't like the Djano Unchained overtones in Michonne being handed over to the Governor when Rick already stated that the Governor wouldn't stop at Michonne. Even Merle questioned Rick about giving up Michonne for a "shot".

Stupid story telling. It was a slice and dice season finale and they couldn't weave all the previous crazy storyline threads into something cohesive. So the writers spent time trying to rehabilitate Andrea with her death bed confession of trying to kill the Governor while he slept per Carol' advice.

Just hope they have more of a clear storyline next season.

by Anonymousreply 31504/08/2013

I'm not going to watch the show when it re-debuts in the fall, I'm just going to read recaps. I can't slog through an hour of commercials and character idiocy to extract the very few moments that something actually happens.

If an episode sounds interesting, I might try it on demand.

by Anonymousreply 31604/08/2013

Also, Andrea almost took a shot at the governor but Milton stopped her. So when she said to Milton "I could have killed him in his bed" she should also have said "and don't forget the time you stopped me from taking a shot about two days ago."

Milton was also a poorly written character, one who knew the Phillip who tried to find a cure and the Phillip who went mad. Yet he did nothing (or very little) to try to stop him.

by Anonymousreply 31704/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!