Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Celebrity Literacy FAIL!

Henry Cavill wants kids to READ!

...a comic book.

That's all they're aiming for now.

A comic book.

I don't suppose they would have photographed Henry with an actual book about superheroes, like Kavalier and Clay... No wait, bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 1503/23/2013

Gosh, if there were only a connection between Cavill and Superman.

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2013

You expect a child to read Kavalier and Clay?

by Anonymousreply 203/21/2013

And doofus OP, I grew up reading comics- I still do. And they actually helped my vocabulary, made me appreciate plotting and other things.

And I also graduated to Toni Morrison, William Faulkner, Henry James for PLEASURE.

So quit clutching your pearls.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2013

I'm a librarian, and I'm happy to see kids reading any kind of material, including comics.

by Anonymousreply 403/21/2013

[quote]And doofus OP, I grew up reading comics- I still do. And they actually helped my vocabulary, made me appreciate plotting and other things.

And I also see they've made you into the second coming of Edmund Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 503/21/2013

I want Henry Cavill to read me...

by Anonymousreply 603/21/2013

What's a comic book?

by Anonymousreply 703/21/2013

I want to read the lips of Henry Cavill's anus with my tongue.

by Anonymousreply 803/21/2013

I met him at a party in LA during Oscars. First of all, pictures do no do him justice. He is so beautiful you actually become nervous. What is even more amazing is his kindness to his fans and the gratitude he shows to to them for supporting his career. He was literally late for a dinner because he was posing for so many photos. There is a youtube of this night which took place at the Chateau in LA. Did not buy the relationship with the fat girl he was with. Doesn't necessarily make him gay. But he IS English, so there's always hope!

by Anonymousreply 903/21/2013

And did you taste his anus?

by Anonymousreply 1003/21/2013

[quote]Did not buy the relationship with the fat girl he was with. [/quote]

You shouldn't. They were photographed at Heathrowe airport going separate ways, once their plane landed.

It was written that they were trying to avoid paps, as if. So far, they haven't avoided any pics. They want everyone to know they are a couple, so why go in opposite directions? Oh, maybe, they didn't think anyone was watching.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

Hi webbie!

You put blocks and permanent PT on huge chunks of the US and Europe, preventing countless innocent people from posting...

Yet here I am. You will never be rid of me.

You've ruined DL.

Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

Comic books are almos pure action and dialogue, but then again look at what passes for literature these days - screenplay specs with some descriptive prose thrown in,

It can't be a bad thing.It still requires some level of literacy, something that computer games and sports typically don't.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

R13, I thought you were going to use 50 Shades as an example.

by Anonymousreply 1403/23/2013

Way to set the bar low, America! We love it, we think of you when we do our second calisthenics break at 9:00 am.

by Anonymousreply 1503/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.