Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Johnny Gill Addresses Gay Rumors

Kevin Frazier from Hip Hollywood asked Johnny Gill,"What do you think about the rumors about you and Eddie Murphy having a relationship and what does Eddie say about it?" and Johnny replied,

“They said it about Oprah and Gayle. They said it about Will [Smith] and Duane Martin so I guess we fit in the group of…because we’ve always been tight…Eddie could care less about it…and Eddie’s always been Eddie and anybody that knows Eddie knows Eddie lives Eddie’s life and he will look at you straight up and tell you, “Aye keep messing with me and I’ll hit you with my wallet and knock you out and keep it rocking!”

by Anonymousreply 4701/27/2015

Well I guess we've been schooled.

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2013

"Eddie’s always been Eddie and anybody that knows Eddie knows Eddie lives Eddie’s life."

Genius!

by Anonymousreply 203/21/2013

He still didn't address the rumours or answer the question as to whether he and Eddie are butt buddies

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2013

I saw the "Unsung" episode about Johnny Gill. He said on camera "I am one-thousand percent heterosexual." So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 403/21/2013

How about shutting the fuck up, Joe Biden over here at r5. I bet all the people he's named have either slept together or are romantically in love (Oprah and Gayle). I've always been a huge fan of his. He's so handsome. I do not believe he's straight, which would explain the trajectory of his career despite having so much talent.

by Anonymousreply 603/21/2013

he told yall.

by Anonymousreply 703/21/2013

Seriously R3, that was just a nice sidestep of not actually answering the question of if they fuck.

by Anonymousreply 803/21/2013

Rub you the right way!

by Anonymousreply 903/21/2013

R9, I love that song!

And, yes, he seems totally gay and his denials are not convincing.

by Anonymousreply 1003/21/2013

[quote]I saw the "Unsung" episode about Johnny Gill. He said on camera "I am one-thousand percent heterosexual." So, there's that.

And I saw the New Edition "Behind the Music" where he channeled Paul Lynde and Rip Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 1103/21/2013

[quote] I do not believe he's straight, which would explain the trajectory of his career despite having so much talent.[/quote]

He had the vocal chords, but he never knew how to harness his skills. To me, he always over sung songs.

Rub You was one song that required that over singing.

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

Where is the 'No. I'm not.' in that response ? Huh.

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

I think a better title for this thread would be: "Johnny Gill Comes Out of the Closet".

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

Johnny Gill will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 1603/22/2013

I don't know, r12, I've enjoyed his over-singing. Especially live. They do well anytime they're touring, my people have been to see New Edition over the years.

by Anonymousreply 1703/22/2013

Does Eddie still go for trannies?

by Anonymousreply 1803/22/2013

Was reading Rick James' bio and he said that Murphy came into record "Party All The Time" and asked James if he had any homos working there "because I hate homos. I'm not down with that shit." James said it was the first thing he asked, and that he just brought it up out of thin air. And that was in 1985. In 1987 Murphy did his Raw tour where he famously put down gays during the height of the AIDS crisis. Ten years later he was busted picking up the pre-op.

by Anonymousreply 1903/22/2013

I read that quote as a confirmation of the rumors.

by Anonymousreply 2003/22/2013

Gay or straight, Johnny Gill is a great singer.

by Anonymousreply 2103/22/2013

R12

yes, there is a male version of the "oversinging" thing that was one of Whitney's not-so-goodd legacies 9well, actually, it would be Patti LaBelle moreso than Whitney).

For the men, it might have been Luther Vandross.

Thing is...Luther Vandross can over-sing as can Patti and Whitney. If you cannot go THERE with your voice, don't even try it.

Fill was good, very good in fact, outstanding, but he needed to leave the oversinging to Luther.

(I always thought that Aretha was a great example of when and when not to oversing...there's plenty of songs where you just KNEW that Arethea was going there and she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 2203/22/2013

Is this Miss Gill a transperson of colour?

by Anonymousreply 2303/22/2013

"Far,far from it."

by Anonymousreply 2403/22/2013

[quote](I always thought that Aretha was a great example of when and when not to oversing...there's plenty of songs where you just KNEW that Aretha was going there and she didn't.

Aretha is as gifted as Johnny Gill is gay.

by Anonymousreply 2503/22/2013

R26

This is true

by Anonymousreply 2603/22/2013

Even behind those Foster Grants the manic, flashing eyes of hysterical "gayface" cannot be contained.

by Anonymousreply 2703/22/2013

great thread

by Anonymousreply 2803/22/2013

Can Johnny still sing?

by Anonymousreply 2903/23/2013

He is gay and tired, just like his career.

by Anonymousreply 3003/23/2013

R19 that sounds a lot like Tom Cruise when he was young.

[quote]He was tense and made constant, constant unrelated homophobic comments, like, “You want some ice cream, in case there are no gay people there?” I mean, his lingo was larded with the most… There was no basis for it. It was like, “It’s a nice day, I’m glad there are no gay people standing here.” Very, very strange.

by Anonymousreply 3103/23/2013

Amazing how Luther Vandross never, ever had to tolerate gay rumors. He was very discreet and I've read he was like that because he did not want to hurt his Christian mother yet gay rumors never dogged him. That's because he didn't pretend. You didn't see Luther with a beard. In interviews he never pretended to be engaged to a female. You didn't see Luther bring beards to award shows, photo shoots and out in public in order to convince the public of his single status. He use to talk about being in love and kept it short. It's how someone chooses to live their lives and stop pretending. There's nothing wrong with being gay and being in the closet but the men who want the married men and/or to pretend they are these great family men with male lovers on the side, aren't cutting it. You can't play with a married lover if you don't want to be on the playground. Gill wondered how in the world the gay rumors started and why they've been so persistent. Its because someone was there in person. Why did men call in from all over the country about strict confidentiality agreements and gay bars when a radio show was talking about Tom Cruise? Why does John Travolta not only have a tell all by an ex-lover, but claims by others that he, too, is gay? I can't even imagine the lives these men lead, pretending to be one person by day and another by night. Being down low is a deception and that's why certain people are dogged for years for being gay and go to great lengths to convince people they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 3203/24/2013

[quote]Gill was good, very good in fact, outstanding, but he needed to leave the oversinging to Luther. [/quote]

To me, Luther never over sung a song. He might have caressed a song, but never did he murder it like Gill.

by Anonymousreply 3303/26/2013

Johnny Gill? Is it 1990 again? This is so random for him to be addressing this after all this time.

by Anonymousreply 3403/26/2013

@R32 makes a great point. It has to be stressful for these men.

by Anonymousreply 3503/26/2013

Doesn't he live with Eddie?

by Anonymousreply 3603/26/2013

Speaking of Luther, has anyone ever heard of him having a thing with Marcus Schenkenberg, the Swedish model?

by Anonymousreply 3703/26/2013

Why does Luther's wiki page completely ignore his sexuality?

I thought it was pretty much a known fact now....

by Anonymousreply 3803/26/2013

Known on the streets perhaps? But, it was nothing official.

by Anonymousreply 3903/27/2013

d

by Anonymousreply 4003/29/2013

He is the sixth and final member of the R&B group New Edition, and was also a member of the supergroup called LSG; with Gerald Levert and Keith Sweat.

by Anonymousreply 4104/10/2013

JG seems like cool dude

by Anonymousreply 4204/14/2013

Luther starts well here but towards the end he over does it

by Anonymousreply 4304/14/2013

Can anyone confirm what Gregory Hines really died of? Was it really cancer? It was all so sudden

by Anonymousreply 4404/14/2013

[R12] Finally someone with the stones to speak the truth! I am in awe of Ms Patti's talent, but sistagurl sometime just takes it too far.

I dragged my ex husband kicking and screaming to see "Your Arms Too Short To Box With God" in a limited run on Broadway because in the male lead was my all time favorite male singer Al "hot grits" Green. The female lead was Patti Labelle. This was during her full-on bucket "hair-don't" days.

Al was beyond spectacular...lived up to all my expectations and then some. Ms Patti was, well Patti.

Minutes into the third act, hubby removed his earplugs to whisper in my ear that he would be waiting for me at a bar near the theater, lest his ears begin to bleed. And he was a musician! Over singing is highly overrated, a fact that most American Idol hopefuls just can't seem to grasp.

Due to my Al Green fixation, I nearly stroked out when Obama did his thing. He wasn't half bad either!

by Anonymousreply 4504/14/2013

I take it that's a "yes."

by Anonymousreply 4604/14/2013

well, that settled it

by Anonymousreply 4701/27/2015
Need more help? Click Here.