Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Evidence for US controlled Death Squads in Iraq

According to the UK. You won't hear it from the US, but there is clear evidence that, in the aftermath of the illegal invasion of Iraq in 2003, the US government, military and CIA organized death squads of up to 12,000 men for the purpose of torturing and slaughtering Iraqi civilians, night after night, in order to defeat the Iraqi resistance. Believe it or not, Iraq had no history of sectarian clashes.

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013

The real story of what happened at the WTC and in Iraq will be known someday and will be understood as pivotal in America's decline.

by Anonymousreply 103/21/2013

But it's obviously better than Syria right? It could have been worse!

by Anonymousreply 203/21/2013

This is nothing new. This is the American way.

by Anonymousreply 303/21/2013

[quote]"One of the enduring myths of the Iraq War is that George W. Bush’s “surge” of 30,000 US troops into Iraq in 2007, reduced the number of attacks on US troops and effectively defeated the Sunni-led insurgency in Baghdad. This is entirely FALSE. The surge was largely a PR campaign that was designed to conceal the activities of US-funded and trained Shia death squads that were killing or expelling millions of Sunnis from Baghdad in what turned out to be one the greatest incidents of ethnic cleansing in the modern era. While the MSM still refuses to acknowledge what was actually taking place on the ground even before Bush deployed his meager 22,000 US troops to Baghdad"

Does anyone take the msm seriously? I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 403/21/2013

Gee, you'd think that, #1 - our use of that many killers would have been more productive than that? and #2 - don't you think more people would be missing, that someone would have asked by now?

I've always been disappointed about the stuff made up about Bush. We can do better!

by Anonymousreply 503/21/2013

What are you talking about, R5? How do you know how productive they were? The U.S. did the same exact thing in Panama under Bush #1. The Bush family are nothing more than organized criminals.

by Anonymousreply 603/21/2013

Not to mention Guatemala and El Salvador. There are still villages in those countries which were completely wiped off the face of the Earth by death squads, covertly supported and funded by CIA.

by Anonymousreply 703/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 803/22/2013

R6 and R7, are there any books or other sources you can recommend? I'd like to read up on the central American death squads.

by Anonymousreply 903/22/2013

The first thing that comes to mind is "The Panama Deception" (at link), R9.

Also, "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins; "The Secret Circle" by Cheryl Seymour; and "State Violence and Genocide in Latin America: The Cold War Years" are good books.

Also try Dave Emory website. He has tons of audio on the subject along with many other subjects.

by Anonymousreply 1003/22/2013

I don't know about "death squads" but a friend of mine in college was an Iraqi American with family still in the country.

She actually supported the Iraq war in the lead up to the conflict and went to Iraq that first summer after the war started to see family she hadn't seen in years, maybe ever, while the country was under Saddam rule.

This enthusiasm for the Iraq War pretty much evaporated though a few months later when the U.S. government started disappearing male family members who had no connection to any kind of uprising or anything and with no explanation of why they were being detained other than they were Sunnis or males who lived in the province where Saddam was from. I lost touch wit her after college so never heard whether they were put in any Abu Ghraib situations, but when it comes to what we did in Iraq, I'm pretty much conditioned to believe the worst.

by Anonymousreply 1103/22/2013

What about Obama's death panels? Huh? Oh, they're gonna getcha! You betcha!

by Anonymousreply 1203/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 1303/22/2013

I don't think that's the same thing, R12.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

12,000 member death squad? Umm.. no.

Some death squads? Of course.

Unclutch. It's not news, nor is it surprising in any way.

by Anonymousreply 1503/26/2013

R15, that's what the BBC is reporting, so take it up with them. And if anything, the BBC under reports.

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2013

Thanks R10.

by Anonymousreply 1703/27/2013

Guardian Lays Out Details of How Petraeus Organized Death Squads in Iraq

by Anonymousreply 1803/30/2013

Ten years on, Iraq lies in ruins as new evidence confirms U.S. government used Death Squads to manufacture 'Civil War'

by Anonymousreply 1903/30/2013

Also watch the Power Principle. Excellent!

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!