Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

More haunting new paintings by former president George W. Bush

Just when you thought they couldn't get any stranger...

It's presidential outsider art.

by Anonymousreply 6403/22/2013

One more thing he's not good at.

by Anonymousreply 103/20/2013

If it keeps him out of sight...they are perfect!

by Anonymousreply 203/20/2013

I think I can see the numbers underneath the paint. He needs to paint thicker.

by Anonymousreply 303/20/2013

The old bitch probably would say something like that.

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

wonder if he plans to make paintings of the funerals of war dead? Rows of flag-draped coffins? War amputees struggling with their new limbs?

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

LMAO! R4

So true!

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

They're quite gay, but stupid.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

Oh, the humanity!

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

Next he'll be selling tacky crafts on etsy, or his hand-appliquéd sweaters on QVC.

by Anonymousreply 903/20/2013

What a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

Preppy bitch better not start painting clowns.

by Anonymousreply 1103/20/2013

He's just partaking in a hobbie. Have at it.

by Anonymousreply 1203/20/2013

Fuck a duck that shit is tacky. Looks like something that would hand in the trailer of some paw watt trash.

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013

This comment posted at OP's link is interesting:

[quote] I posted this in the other thread, but rumors are rampant in the Houston area (where my friend lives) that W has some kind of early onset dementia. All attempts to get him to appear in public are gently turned away, even big money offers. Like Warren Anderson, he'll probably not have to spend his old age worrying about what happened under his watch.

If the paintings were stolen from family emails, do you suppose his personal email really is the "gwb@gwb.org" that's shown in the photo?

by Anonymousreply 1403/20/2013

Hobo art.

by Anonymousreply 1503/20/2013

If he had never been president (in other words - in a just world) the neighbors would have uttered the phrase "He was a quiet boy. He liked to play with guns." [bold]After[/bold] he'd gone off the deep end and shot up a school/place of work.

They'd have shown these paintings on the news as they gave their report.

by Anonymousreply 1603/20/2013

Bush was a terrible president and probably not a great person outside of that either, but honestly, I think it is extremely petty to make fun of this harmless hobby of his.

I can't even draw a decent stick person, and while his art certainly isn't edgy or even interesting, he can at least paint/draw something that actually looks like a dog or a cat. If it keeps him out of boardrooms, or conferences that help the repubs in anyway, then I am not complaining.

There are countless other things he has done that are far more ridiculous and offensive than these little oil or acrylic paintings.

by Anonymousreply 1703/20/2013

Thank goodness for no more self nudes.

by Anonymousreply 1903/20/2013

anyone thinking of this?

by Anonymousreply 2003/20/2013

They're sort of like David Hockney, if Hockney was raised the zombie son of a gang of witches.

by Anonymousreply 2103/20/2013

I guess it's good that he never had the opinion of you asswipes in mind when he painted them.

by Anonymousreply 2203/20/2013

^Fine example of dementia gone untreated.

by Anonymousreply 2403/20/2013

All the elections should just be Clinton, Bush, Clinton, Bush etc until the end of time

by Anonymousreply 2503/20/2013

I can paint rings around that shit. They're shit.

by Anonymousreply 2603/20/2013

What a hack! Perhaps he should try world domination as an alternative career.

by Anonymousreply 2903/20/2013

He's trying to fill in retroactively all the missing parallels between his life and Hitler's.

by Anonymousreply 3003/20/2013

Diagnosis Frau starring George W. Bush

by Anonymousreply 3203/20/2013

Paints like a granny, but still much more appealing than Thomas Kinkade.

by Anonymousreply 3303/20/2013

The only way these paintings would be acceptable is if they were done from the inside of a cell. This man is a war criminal and he should be ashamed as both a Christian and human to spend his days in leisure as millions of lives lay ruined in the wake of his greed.

by Anonymousreply 3403/20/2013

I disagree with the man's politics but his art is not awful.

by Anonymousreply 3503/20/2013

Dogs with no legs. Cats buried in pots. Whether or not he has Alzheimers, he's always been a sick fuck.

The only positive thing he's done is poison the name "Bush" in American politics. Yes, Jeb wants to be president, but not even the tea party would want him.

by Anonymousreply 3603/20/2013

R34 tells the truth.

by Anonymousreply 3703/20/2013

R38 is modeling dementia for us.

by Anonymousreply 3903/21/2013

There may be gay Republicans, r40, but IF you are one, you're a prime example why gay Republicans, like all Republicans, are the enemies of gay people.

I say "IF" because anyone who's comfortable throwing around the term "diseased fag" is obviously much more likely to be a straight person with some anti-social personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 4103/21/2013

Why are gay Republicans like R40 so illiterate? Is it genuine stupidity or lack of higher education?

by Anonymousreply 4203/21/2013

If art is at one level a self-portrait, Bush's animals convey this: I'm needy, misunderstood, dependent and confused, but at my core loveable. Please love me, despite Everything.

by Anonymousreply 4403/21/2013

I wish he'd pursued painting rather than politics. But I'm sure the neocons would've found some other schlub to do their bidding.

by Anonymousreply 4503/21/2013

I absolutely fucking LOATHE Dumbya, and wish he would be executed for war crimes.

That said, these paintings aren't terrible. Lame and unprofessional, maybe, but not terrible.

And I'll admit, they're better than anything I could paint or draw.

by Anonymousreply 4703/21/2013

I think I see the next winter caretaker for the Overlook Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 4903/21/2013

Shockingly, he's quite good. Anyone who says differently is only saying that because they hate him. He's a douche, but he's a good artist. I can't even draw a stick figure.

The National Enquirer says that he has dementia.

by Anonymousreply 5003/21/2013

[quote]Don't kid yourself. Even Chris Matthews and Lawrence O'Donnell believe Jeb has a great chance in 2016.

And they are?

by Anonymousreply 5103/21/2013

good analysis, R44

How can anyone say they are good? They give me the creeps, like most "outsider art" and prison art. They reek of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 5203/21/2013

I'm liking this new Bush Secretly Has Dementia meme. Time...the avenger.

by Anonymousreply 5303/21/2013

Underneath one they found this.

by Anonymousreply 5403/21/2013

I would much rather he spends his time at the ranch painting dogs and cats than trying to maintain a national/international political platform. Let him paint away his days.

by Anonymousreply 5503/21/2013

They all look a bit like him, especially the eyes.

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 5603/21/2013

[quote]trying to maintain a national/international political platform

Bush couldn't do that with any credibility when he was the most powerful man in the world. Without his enabling superstructure, and nothing coherent to say, a platform wouldn't be worth the construction.

Say what you like about Carter, Clinton and (God help us) Blair, but their intelligence and commitment are out there for all to see and debate with. Bush's paintings by contrast are, well, bathetic.

If he's ailing but happy, fine, but as a coda to his hapless and brutal administration this is beyond satire. Cute little paintings don't dispel carnage.

by Anonymousreply 5703/21/2013

[quote]I wish he'd pursued painting rather than politics.[/quote]

Seriously. Or just been some mid-level businessman who painted on the weekends, enjoyed a round of golf and got quietly drunk in the evenings. Then, I'd actually consider buying one of the paintings at a community art show.

by Anonymousreply 5803/21/2013

I haven't read the thread but on the first go around someone posited that the paintings were released to make Dubs seem more human. Reading the comments from other websites, I'm inclined to agree.

I think the paintings look like they were done by John Wayne Gacey. He's a fucking war criminal who's killed millions. Just to drive up the price of oil. He'll die old and happy and will have never lost a night's sleep over his crimes.

(also I own a pet supply store w/ lots of work by local artists including 11 year olds and I might put this work in the bathroom because I'm a nice person or scared of the artist if I refused to exhibit their work)

by Anonymousreply 5903/21/2013

The cross one -- very strange. Looks like a grave at midnight.

I wonder what's behind that one? How did that imagery pop into his head?

by Anonymousreply 6003/21/2013

R51. The are the data lounge prophets.

This is hilarious. This site would worship the most repugnant slime of the earth as long as the are "gay friendly ".

by Anonymousreply 6203/21/2013

As much as I hated Shrub while he was president, I have developed a kind of grudging admiration for him since he left office (if only he'd never held it..). He doesn't criticize Obama, he keeps his nose out of politics unlike his evil puppetmaster Cheney. And the nude self-portraits were Hockneyish but not bad at all.

by Anonymousreply 6303/21/2013

R57 Carter? He was smart BUT he was the worst President since Herbert Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 6403/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.