Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Poconos

Has anyone been? The champagne glass jacuzzi/round bed room fascinates me. The area seems beautiful but the hotels come across as cheesy and tacky. I remember seeing these heavily advertised in bridal mags in the late 80's.

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

I went to Beautiful Mount Airy Lodge for an FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America - it was the 80s, and no, I did not become one) meeting in high school. I was hugely disappointed that it was a regular, somewhat rundown hotel room with no heart shaped bed.

I remember seeing one of those ads with the bubble baths when I was a little kid and telling my grandma I was never getting married because no way was I ever taking a bath with a girl. Clue 1.

by Anonymousreply 103/20/2013

My family used to have a ski cabin in the Poconos. It was a pretty cool place then. Now its mostly overrun with Orthodox Jews from New York.

by Anonymousreply 203/20/2013

It does kind of remind of me the place in Dirty Dancing R2.

by Anonymousreply 303/20/2013

[quote] I remember seeing these heavily advertised in bridal mags in the late 80's.

& on TV.

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

Philly, r2.

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

"The area seems beautiful but the hotels come across as cheesy and tacky"

I stayed at The Shawnee Inn in Shawnee-on-Delaware and it was not tacky. Actually, it was very nice. No heart-shaped bed.

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

That entire are is just over run with, well, you know... THEM.

It's why it's so tacky you know.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

What a coincidence OP. Bears on the Mountain is this weekend!

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

Later in summer is "The Gathering"

by Anonymousreply 903/20/2013

Gay guys should stage their own version of MichFest in the Poconos. We could call it PokeFest.

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.