Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just don't get his motivation.

Adam Lanza, TJ Lane, the Columbine Kids, Virginia Tech -- I understand why they were so willing to throw their lives away. They were unattractive social outcasts.

James Holmes was attractive, he was social, he had an active sex life.

Most of these guys live a life of being an outcast, but in Holmes' case, it was only those last few months.

So what happened?

Drugs? Schizophrenia? Doesn't that usually present itself in the 20s?

by Anonymousreply 6504/26/2015

Apparently James now has computer access.

by Anonymousreply 103/20/2013

How do you know he had an active sex life?

by Anonymousreply 203/20/2013

I don't find him nice looking at all.

by Anonymousreply 303/20/2013

[quote]How do you know he had an active sex life?

Several girls were revealed to have hooked up with him when those thousands of emails from his school were released. I remember one girl freaking out in email right after the shooting when she realized it was James, but by that point she was apparently not even living in the country anymore.

A few girls he'd hooked up with from the Internet came forward with details (though no one seems willing to identify themselves, don't blame em). He had an AdultFriendFinder account.

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

What was his handle?

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

R5, ClassicJimbo

He also has an xtube account with two jack off videos. I forget his name on there (I think Jimbo is also in the name tho) but I have it bookmarked on my computer at home.

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

He had automatic weapons.

People with access to automatic weapons tend to go on shooting rampages more often than people without them. Just one of life's funny little coincidences.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

R7, he had them because he bought them specifically for the theater shooting.

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

Oh God, Brandon is back.

by Anonymousreply 903/20/2013

[quote] How do you know he had an active sex life?

Are you kidding? Did you see how hot that llama was? Soulful eyes. Beautiful, silky, long hair; wide mouth....

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

"They were unattractive social outcasts."

There are millions of unattractive social outcasts who never murder anyone and would never consider murdering anyone. Most people aren't glamorous hotties who get laid all the time.

I don't think he was any more physically attractive the Columbine murderers.

by Anonymousreply 1103/20/2013

He is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 1203/20/2013

"He is so fucking hot."

Some of the people here have really low standards

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013

OP, you are wrong about the Columbine kids, as many are. Read the book about it by Dave Cullen. They were popular and well liked and the bullying bullshit was just that. Oh and Homes is a total douche, I'm sure the chicks he banged were not cute. He fucking took people down during a batman flick, for chrissakes, that's geeky. If he were here he would be starting endless Heath Ledger threads.

by Anonymousreply 1403/20/2013

The girl on the far left was one of his ex-girlfriends. No idea why the photo is censored.

by Anonymousreply 1503/20/2013

OP is stupid. Eric Harris and TJ Lane were hot.

by Anonymousreply 1603/20/2013

TJ Lane is NOT hot. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 1703/20/2013

Well, you're right r17, not in that pic, but I've seen him looking otherwise, at least in pics back when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 1803/20/2013

No r18, that guy is a zitty geek and has always been zitty.

by Anonymousreply 1903/20/2013

Reagan made huge cuts in the system that treats mental illness and that tries to identify at-risk kids and get them help So did Bush I. And Clinton. And Bush II. And now Obama. Much of it, of course, lies at the doorstep of republican politicians, but democrats haven't fought for the mentally ill because they're not a powerful constituency. . As a result, there is a ridiculous lack of help for mentally ill people, and for the teachers and counselors who try to head this off at the pass.

And it's gone on and on, with more and more cuts over time.

So guess what? More violence related to mental illness. Wow! What a surprise!!

by Anonymousreply 2003/20/2013

Maybe in a hot/creepy kind of way, R18. I can see that .

And I don't really think Holmes is hot, but he was attractive. He looks like a loon since being arrested, though.

Here's Lane in creepy hot mode:

by Anonymousreply 2103/20/2013

And Holmes was a cute guy before losing his shit:

by Anonymousreply 2203/20/2013

R20 has it. I have a young relative who suddenly had a psychotic break a year ago and is now schizophrenic (but for insurance pressures, received a rushed inappropriate bi-polar diagnosis). What my family has gone through with her, and with the healthcare system (the person actually had coverage) is depressing. The mentally ill (except for those of great means) aren't given anything but short-term, palliative 'help' which leaves them more paranoid and potentially violent. Then they're thrown out and told to figure it out and stay on their meds (most don't). These people are a mess and unsupported. Many of them of course run into problems with the law and just functionally living because they are way off-kilter.

You don't always realize how broken things are until problems hit close to home.

If we took care of our people, some wouldn't be able to get as rich as they do, but we would have fewer tragedies, especially the quiet tragedies that don't make the news but break hearts in families as noone is skilled or able to help the loved one in a meaningful way.

by Anonymousreply 2303/20/2013

R23 ... word.

by Anonymousreply 2403/20/2013

Americans like to blame "mental illness" for murder even though the vast majority of mentally ill people are not a danger to anyone. I guess it's easier than blaming gun culture...

by Anonymousreply 2503/20/2013

R25...clearly you have reading comprehension difficulties. CLEARLY.

No one here EVER said that ALL mentally ill people are violent. We're saying that the system has failed mentally ill people and that as a result, at-risk people don't get the help they need.

ALSO, no one here said that gun control wasn't absolutely necessary, because it is.

by Anonymousreply 2603/21/2013

R26, you're the one with reading comprehension problems. Maybe you didn't learn how to read at BYU or Bob Jones.

Blaming "mental illness" is just a crutch for Republicans who don't want to blame guns.

by Anonymousreply 2703/21/2013

Sorry, but people with mental illness due tend to act crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2803/21/2013

I don't find him as cute with the beard. I preferred the orange hair and bugged out eyes look. He seemed more vulnerable then.

by Anonymousreply 2904/07/2013

Yeah, the beard is gross. It looks like someone glued pubic hair to his face.

But his hair is really nice, actually.

by Anonymousreply 3004/07/2013

This is why I love Datalounge lounge. Where else on the internet do you find people debating the hotness of mass murderers?

by Anonymousreply 3104/07/2013

Better bugged out eyes: Adam Lanza or James Holmes?

Better hair: Adam Lanza or James Holmes?

by Anonymousreply 3204/07/2013

R32, James has better hair. Lanza's eyes are far creepier than Holmes'.

Holmes has beautiful eyes. He was an okay looking dude. Adam Lanza was just freaky looking.

by Anonymousreply 3304/07/2013

The thing is that Holmes did not fall through the cracks of the mental health care system. He knew that something was wrong and had the wherewithal to seek help. He was seeing the head of the dept. of psychiatry whose field of study is schizophrenia. She had been threatened by him and sent a packet of material to the campus police advising them of the risk he presented. Apparently, the packet was sitting in a mail room, IIRC. I can only assume she prescribed psychotropics but he wasn't compliant.

He was in his first year of a neuroscience doctoral program and received a stipend of $30K from NIH which he used to purchase the automatic weapons and the ammo. Had he not had easy access to automatic weapons, the tragedy would never have occurred. Simple as that. Might he have still harmed someone? Probably, but the damage would have been 'minimal' by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 3404/07/2013

James Holmes is a good looking guy? On what planet? Those googly, soulless eyes? Every time I see his photo and that of Jared Loughner, I want to punch them in the face.

Adam Lanza is by far the most hideous. His face is the stuff of horror films. That is your stereotypical face of a monster.

by Anonymousreply 3504/07/2013

I don't know what the laws are like in the state of Colorado, but if he'd stated his intent to harm people, his psychiatrist could have hospitalized him on an involuntary hold for 72 hrs (again, depending on the state. that's what it is in CA) Maybe she was lining up her ducks to do so. That's what's puzzling to me. If she'd been threatened and heard homicidal ideation, she didn't seem to show much urgency if she just sent a packet through campus mail. I guess we'll find out once it goes to trial.

Colorado refused to accept the guilty plea because it wants to seek the death penalty. I assume the defense is going to go with ROI. That trial is going to cost Denver a pretty penny. They could just stash him away for life at a fraction of the cost for seeking the death penalty and later going through the appeals process.

by Anonymousreply 3604/07/2013

He deserves no less than death. The death penalty was created for people like him.

by Anonymousreply 3704/07/2013

James Holmes isn't bad looking and his xtube vides revealed a nice cock.

by Anonymousreply 3804/07/2013

He's not good looking. He has elfy ears and a Danny Elfman vibe.

by Anonymousreply 3904/07/2013

James Holmes is sexy as fuck and was banging like 3 Asian chicks and a handful of whores. Pimp!

by Anonymousreply 4004/07/2013

Did we ever figure out his xtube handle?

by Anonymousreply 4104/07/2013

Yeah, his xtube name was the same as some of his emails. Someone on Tumblr lined up his moles and nipples with that shirtless camp picture of him:

by Anonymousreply 4204/07/2013

It's interesting that he had AdultFriendFinder and xTube accounts but no Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 4304/07/2013

[quote]I just don't get his motivation.

He's a VERY strict film critic.

by Anonymousreply 4404/07/2013

If that is him, most of his XTube friends are other men. Is he bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 4504/07/2013

Who cares about this guy's sexual orientation???? Really?

by Anonymousreply 4604/07/2013

Why are people trying to find a reason. He's mentally ill and he's one of the mentally ill that acted it out in violence.

[quote] Colorado refused to accept the guilty plea because it wants to seek the death penalty

He will never get the death penalty because of his clear mental illness. So we have another grandstanding prosecutor who wants to make a name for himself. In fact refusing to accept that plea and moving to seek the death penalty for a mentally ill defendant is probably unethical.

by Anonymousreply 4704/07/2013

You're asking that on a gay board, R46? We always want to know.

by Anonymousreply 4804/07/2013

He was straight according to his adult friend finder page.

by Anonymousreply 4904/07/2013

r47 the issue of Holmes' diminished capacity is up to the jury. I will tell you that Holmes' defense team has their work cut out for them.

He killed all those innocent people and now this coward wants his life spared?

Loughner and Holmes should have done everyone a favor and killed themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5004/07/2013

A successful NGI (Not Guilty by reason of Insanity) is a rarity. But that is basically because the laws make it almost impossible to make. It isn't because of the reality of someone's mental illness.

This guy is clearly mentally ill which lead to this crime but that doesn't mean he's crazy under the law.

by Anonymousreply 5104/07/2013

R44 that is the most hilarious and horrible response! W&W for you!

by Anonymousreply 5204/07/2013

[quote][R47] the issue of Holmes' diminished capacity is up to the jury.

This is the scary part. This seems like a case that might be best left for a judge to adjudicate.

by Anonymousreply 5304/08/2013

I'd toss him sum dick.

by Anonymousreply 5404/08/2013

R34, while that may not be falling through the cracks given his disorder was recognized I still think it reinforces how broken the system is. Long term mental health care is usually something a patient has to volunteer for, there are no facilities for these types to be committed to and observed longer than 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 5504/08/2013

He wasn't mentally ill. His mind was hijacked. NOW he's mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 5604/08/2013

That isn't a matter necessarily of a broken mental health care system, R55. It's the law. Patients' rights advocates will fight tooth and nail against changes to commitment laws despite the prevalent needs of public safety.

It would have been a long and costly process to declare James Holmes as someone who needed long-term involuntary commitment, probably in a state hospital, as he was a menace and a danger to society. It's almost the case that a mental health patient has to do harm and damage to him/herself or others before this status is legally recognized.

The legal hurdles are tremendous and, as I mentioned, often require that harm must have come to someone before something is done. Don't ask me why. I'm just a pissed off messenger.

by Anonymousreply 5704/08/2013

It just sucks you can't commit someone until they do something.

by Anonymousreply 5804/08/2013

I haven't been following this lately and after a quick search it seems that there has been no ruling on his competency to stand trial yet. Maybe there is a later article I missed.

I thought they already had a competency hearing.

I am also reading about some Draconian measures being considered like "truth serum" and a forced polygraph and forcing medication. WTF is going on in Colorado? In my jurisdiction and in the federal system you cannot force medication on a defendant.

by Anonymousreply 5904/10/2013

Are you sure that's really his Xtube? He has a giant cock with a giant head. Too bad it's wasted in prison now.

by Anonymousreply 6004/10/2013

How does someone who's mentally ill get into a neuroscience PhD program? I'm not crazy and even I can't get in.

by Anonymousreply 6104/10/2013

Mentally I'll does not mean stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6204/12/2013

Squee! James Holmes. Cuteness personified.

by Anonymousreply 6304/12/2013

Those xtube videos are so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 6409/10/2014

He has a great head on that cock. So sad he lost it. Wasted lives and wasted cock.

by Anonymousreply 6504/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!