Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sarah Palin ***SLAMS*** Former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Tanning Bed Ban For Teens

In 2004, then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a law banning anyone in California younger than 14 from using a tanning bed.

In a radio interview on Wednesday with conservative talker Laura Ingraham, Palin took dead aim at the former Governor's teen tanning bed initiative

"Take his anti-tanning bed thing that he is on. He is on this kick, right. What he is telling us is he cannot trust parents to make decisions for their own children, for their own families in how we should tan.

"And I know I'm going to be again criticized for bringing this up, but instead of a government thinking that they need to take over and make decisions for us according to some politician or politician's wife priorities, just leave us alone, get off our back and allow us as individuals to exercise our own God-given rights to make our own decisions and then our country gets back on the right track."

by Anonymousreply 3503/21/2013

Just when you think she can't go any lower or get any more idiotic...she does.

Go away already. How many times do we have to reject you for you to get the hint?

by Anonymousreply 103/20/2013

Yes Sara - not allowing kids to tan is one of the reasons why we are off track. We all know there are no bad parents out there, so we need no back-ups to protect kids from these non-existent bad parents.

She is really trying to reclaim the Maverick label isn't she. I do wonder is she is going to have an epic public meltdown as she has a harder time coming to grips that she is more and more irrelevant, even or esp. to the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 203/20/2013

This is from The Onion, right?

Please, RIGHT???

by Anonymousreply 303/20/2013

Sarah is a CRUSADER for our GOD-GIVEN RIGHTS, and when all is said and done, all you non-believers will BOW DOWN and history will remember her as BOLD and FEARLESS and RIGHTEOUS and BRILLIANT. If it werent for her, this country WOULD HAVE NO HOPE for ever becoming FREE again.

by Anonymousreply 403/20/2013

Has to be a parody. It's just the same language she used for other things.

by Anonymousreply 503/20/2013

Is an issue in someone's life? What demographic is she targeting here, besides that tan mom lady?

by Anonymousreply 603/20/2013

Well, since Fox News won't take her back, she has to keep her name out there somehow.

by Anonymousreply 703/20/2013

It is a fake story because when I looked for it, only this thread came up in google. I can understand believing it what with her being a moron.

by Anonymousreply 803/20/2013

If it's not a parody, it's a sign of dementia. Why is she harping on things that happened years ago? First Nancy Reagan, now Schwarzenegger. Clearly not someone in tune with today's issues.

by Anonymousreply 1003/20/2013

The very lucky decision to use the Big Gulp prop at last weekends C Pac convention is the the only thing people are remembering from that hatefest.

She has maybe one more week to ride the wave of fame to take advantage of that gimmick.

If God forbid it lasts longer. I have a feeling after she smacked down Karl Rove. He may be behind the scenes of a smear campaign to finally bring her down. The fat snake lives for shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 1103/20/2013

Could we please talk about something more relevant than Palin's desperate moves to extend her 15 minutes? Like Lindsay Lohan's chance for the award for best lead actress at the next Golden Globes. Or Madonna's latest single. Or even Justin Bieber's hamster untimely death at the age of sixteen months?

by Anonymousreply 1203/20/2013

All this tanning bed talk makes me think she'll follow Levi Johnson and do a classy nude photoshoot for Playboy soon (and it better be soon, she isn't getting any younger).

by Anonymousreply 1303/20/2013

[quote] While she picked a strange data point to back it up, she is making a valid point. Government is the answer to the question that nobody asked. This deep dive into personal preferences whether it is tanning beds, a soda ban in New York, or whatever the next hot topic is does nothing for the country.

I agree with this, for ADULTS, but in some instances we do need to protect kids from bad parents.

by Anonymousreply 1403/20/2013

She's a dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 1503/20/2013

She's a depraved sex-pervert.

by Anonymousreply 1603/20/2013

[quote]What he is telling us is he cannot trust parents to make decisions for their own children

Isn't Sarah Palin the perfect example of parents who don't know how to raise their own kids? Look at the slutty daughter and the son who was in court and given a choice of jail or join the army.

by Anonymousreply 1703/20/2013

Keep it up Sarah. Everyone will have a huge life when one of her demon spawn gets arrested for meth dealing or whatever is they do for fun in Wasilla.

by Anonymousreply 1803/20/2013

Shut up Sarah!

She is the epitome of "do as I say, not as I do".

by Anonymousreply 1903/20/2013

I wonder how Trig is doing? That poor child has Down Syndrome, a severe vision impairment, and a severe hearing impairment. Does Piper babysit him? Is that it?

by Anonymousreply 2003/20/2013

"just leave us alone, get off our back and allow us as individuals to exercise our own God-given rights to make our own decisions"

You mean like whom we decide to fuck and whom we decide to marry, Mrs. Palin?

Oh no: your shallow libertarianism doesn't extend that far, does it?

by Anonymousreply 2103/20/2013

I'd like to wish that she'd just die but there would be so fucking many conspiracy theories thrown up by her minions that it would make moon landing hoaxers seem positively sane.

by Anonymousreply 2303/20/2013

That can't be a real quote. I never spotted the term "lamestream media", and we all know that every Sarah quote has to have that in there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 2403/20/2013

You're right R24. There's no link so it might be fake but she's really been vomiting up the insanity lately so could be true. She's probably on drugs. Someone on another thread suggested Adderall.

by Anonymousreply 2503/20/2013

I didn't find any current relevant news, but I did find this:

Sarah Palin Installed Tanning Bed In Alaska's Governor's Mansion

Ricky Kreitner|June 10, 2011

In the first of what will presumably be many revelations from today's e-mails, it has been confirmed that Sarah Palin had a tanning bed installed in the Alaska Governor's Mansion.

It was a challenging installation, because of the amount of power required.

And the Governor was careful to tell her aides to to mention it to anyone, lest the information go public.

But Palin's aides worked diligently at her request to get it up and running.

Aide Erika Fagerstrom, who coordinated the installation, accepted the Governor's email orders with a cheerful sign-off:

"On a day like today--I wish the bed was ready to go for you to use right away!!"

Tanning beds are estimated to cost around $35,000. It remains unclear whether taxpayers or Palin personally paid for the machine.

by Anonymousreply 2603/20/2013

This is the same OP who pasted Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" drug campaign buzzwords into Palin's criticism of Michelle Obama's anti-obesity initiatives a couple of years ago.

We get the point. She tacitly or explicitly approves of Republican "interference" in private lives, particularly policy aimed at injecting Christian mandates into the bedroom and the uterus. But otherwise caring about children's health is interference into families' private lives and choices.

Uninsightful, unselfware hypocrite. She's doing it to cash in. Someone has to support her family. Nobody's quite sure how the adults beyond Sara make a living and God knows they're going to be a drain on the system if she doesn't step in and support them. It's all on her, so she goes out to shill, shill, shill.

by Anonymousreply 2703/20/2013

[quote] when one of her demon spawn gets arrested for meth dealing or whatever is they do for fun in Wasilla.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 2803/20/2013

Did you not get the memo, OP? We stopped caring anything about this kook years ago.

Her PR people seem to be putting on a full-court press to rehabilitate her right-wing spokesmodel career lately. Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 2903/20/2013

Thanks for posting, OP. Anyone with an ounce of brains knows not to turn your back on your enemy. That bitch will be around, stomping on people's freedom, for years to come. She has a book coming out in December, and stupid people across America will put it on the best-seller list, like her previous garbage-filled books. The same morons who voted for Bush, McCain, and Romney will continue to keep her in the news.

by Anonymousreply 3003/20/2013

[quote]a severe vision impairment, and a severe hearing impairment

If you have to be around Sarah Palin all the time, those can only be considered blessings in disguise.

by Anonymousreply 3103/20/2013

"On a day like today--I wish the bed was ready to go for you to use right away!!"

Burn, bitch, BURN!!!

by Anonymousreply 3203/21/2013

Oh. So it wasn't enough for her kid to be born a Downy, now she wants to toss it into a tanning bed.

by Anonymousreply 3303/21/2013

R33 - I'm sure you realize she wasn't advocating putting your kid in a tanning bed, she is merely pointing out that we need to have more limits on the government and not having them dictate our every move.

by Anonymousreply 3403/21/2013

"she is merely pointing out that we need to have more limits on the government and not having them dictate our every move"

Bitch, please...

by Anonymousreply 3503/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!