Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is your mom a Frau?

With so much talk about fraus around here, I wonder how many of your mothers are fraus. Sisters? Aunts? Grandmas? Are most women fraus or just the ones in cubicles who make casseroles and live for chocolate.

The women I know and interact with don't seem like fraus to me. They are athletic, professional, sometimes mothers, and pretty vein.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 803/20/2013

Are they vein, or are they arteries, OP?

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 103/20/2013

I meant veiny. They're so thin their veins bulge out. Lots of varicose veins too.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 203/20/2013

Mine is. She loves figure skating, Twilight and the 50 Shades books. She hates kids though.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 303/20/2013

My mom isn't but my sister is. Sister is an elementary school teacher though, and a mom, and is just surrounded by fraus. I think she became one through osmosis. She certainly wasn't raised by one. She decorates her house for every holiday, creates themed cocktails, documents her kids lives on Facebook, is a gossip, actually spends more time online/Facebook/Pintrist than she does engaged with humans in her presence. It's sad really. Her husband works all the time, and when he's not working, they're doing community and volunteer stuff, or things with their kids. Their kids are teenagers now and I have a feeling my sister is going to crack up when they go off on their own.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 403/20/2013

A frau is more of a mindset OP. R4 described it perfectly. They live for their kids and many do have problems adjusting after they leave. It's as if their whole reason for being is gone. Holiday sweaters are de rigueur though.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 503/20/2013

My mother was always stylish and pretty. When I was little, she looked and dressed like Mary Tyler Moore when she was on the Dick Van Dyke Show, in the '70s she looked like Suzanne Pleshette on the Bob Newhart Show and, in the '80s, she was a copy of Blanche on The Golden Girls. Even now, in her 70's, she's immaculately dressed and outgoing - the total opposite of a frau. Rereading this makes me realize I watched way too much TV, ha.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 603/20/2013

R6 that reminds me of my mother. We all went to San Francisco one summer and mom rocked a pair of camel suede thigh high boots paired with a mini-skirt, peasant blouse and vest. Her hair was in a blonde swing. She had more than a passing resemblance to a young Barbara Streisand and people were stopping her asking if she was Babs.

by Trying to figure out this whole Frau thingreply 703/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.